Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

DCS Nimitz Class Carrier(Animated)

***FROM DCS**NEW CARRIER**WIP***

"

One of the many detailed aspects of the new Nimitz-class aircraft carrier being worked on is a detailed simulation of the catapult shuttle and hold back. Here we have a little preview of it some of its animations.

Our goal is to create the most realistic aircraft carrier environment ever done for a simulation for both entertainment and professional use. This not only includes the most accurate carrier model, but also the most accurate deck crew animations and communications.

Thanks!"

• Like 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

***WIP Shots**Crew Animations***

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-01

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-02

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-03

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-04

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-05

Aircraft-Carrier-Deck-Crew-Animations-06

Patrick

Carrier Crew animation videos to the Carrier Module ("Nimitz")

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Case III landing carrier Module

• Like 1

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Looking forward to the modules. Having used Javier's carriers in P3d FSX@War and SSW carriers, the inclusion of fully operating flight decks is very interesting!

Nice thing about DCS is it's constant auto upgrades with each evolution. The trouble with LM is the need to manually upgrade to v3...4...5 each upgrade messes up add ons that in turn, need upgrading! I've got tired of all that makarky and stick with v4.3. However, DCS runs faster and is taking in more if the planet.

With these modules, in DCS, for carriers and the F18, F14, it's looking really good for the future.

I wonder if there will be a F4 and Intruder added? Then a Vietnam map, for historical recreations. Then perhaps a Kitty Hawk or Shangri La? We already have the Migs, just need the Phantoms and Intruders!

Bravo DCS!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie130 said:

With these modules, in DCS, for carriers and the F18, F14, it's looking really good for the future.

I wonder if there will be a F4 and Intruder added? Then a Vietnam map, for historical recreations. Then perhaps a Kitty Hawk or Shangri La? We already have the Migs, just need the Phantoms and Intruders!

Bravo DCS!

F-4E Block 43, AH-1F Cobra follow after the F-16C and Mi-24 Hind. A-6 / KA-6 Intruder and Kitty Hawk-class aircraft carrier class coming as AI unit has planned by HeatBlur and they plan making a Full A-6 Hardcore module in a future. None has planned about a F-4 Navy version  module yet.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

F-4E Block 43, AH-1F Cobra follow after the F-16C and Mi-24 Hind. A-6 / KA-6 Intruder and Kitty Hawk-class aircraft carrier class coming as AI unit has planned by HeatBlur and they plan making a Full A-6 Hardcore module in a future. None has planned about a F-4 Navy version  module yet.

You know.....just a little speculation here 😉 I remember A2A Simulations had a very nice F4 Phantom they were working on for FSX.I don't believe they ever finished it though? But with the recent news of a possible DCS/A2A Partnership....Could it be Possible they'd bring their Phantom to DCS?....again just 😉 speculating here.lol

62138268_10157301657970365_1160525074189

Patrick

On 6/22/2019 at 3:31 PM, Phantom88 said:

You know.....just a little speculation here 😉 I remember A2A Simulations had a very nice F4 Phantom they were working on for FSX.I don't believe they ever finished it though? But with the recent news of a possible DCS/A2A Partnership....Could it be Possible they'd bring their Phantom to DCS?....again just 😉 speculating here.lol

BSK was make some work before the ED fusion as the Hind, I dont expect the BSK team need A2A to build the F-4E. i dont sure if a F-4J can coming to DCS World.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

By the last newsletter. Waiting a Nimitz "Mini-Updates". Waiting to see some news about the "pilot-able" post on module.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3957228&postcount=202

Related to the Hornet, the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is making fast progress with the new model and textures, radio communications, and animated deck crew. Later this summer we will be providing much more information about this exciting new module.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:47 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Yay! 

Looking forward to re creating Flight of the Intruder, with Willem Defoe!😀

But, it would be nice to have a Vietnam map, then the recreation can be authentic!

Hopefully a Phantom Navy version won't be too much extra work? SWS do a nice version for their Kitty Hawk on P3d,using Tacpack! 

Now that DCS has gripped the two seat cockpit (with the F14), I expect creating the Intruder and Phantom can be a solo players dream!

Best regards.

David

• Like 1

A Vietnam map has not been planned by ED or 3rd parties yet, them main problem has not the terrain, has the missing AI assets units and weapons. A Navy Phantom F-4B/J has a different bird of land version (Carrier capable, RIO, radar, systems and weapon associated), and a new catapult launch system to 50-60s aircrafts.

8 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

A Vietnam map has not been planned by ED or 3rd parties yet, them main problem has not the terrain, has the missing AI assets units and weapons. A Navy Phantom F-4B/J has a different bird of land version (Carrier capable, RIO, radar, systems and weapon associated), and a new catapult launch system to 50-60s aircrafts.

I'd rather fly in "historical" maps. With recent events, I can't bring myself to fly in the Gulf map, makes me feel like I'm tempting fate! Back to Normandy for now!

Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215599&stc=1

DCS: Supercarrier Update
Since our last update on this eagerly awaited module, our team has been focused on several core features of simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier:

Creating the most accurate and detailed carrier model ever created for a flight simulation. This is not simply an update to the existing John C. Stennis aircraft carrier that we released last year, but rather a new object that is built from the ground up with accurate dimensions, high-resolution mesh and textures; animations for the elevators, antennas, defense systems, launch officer bubble, risers, catapults, jet blast deflectors, and more. The module will include unique skins for all ships of the Roosevelt sub-class that includes the Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72), George Washington (CVN73), John C. Stennis (CVN-74), and the Harry S. Truman (CVN-75). Not only will there be the correct names and CVN numbers, but we also plan unique textures and deck weathering for each ship!

The Supercarrier will include the most accurate simulation of carrier communications you have ever heard in a game. This includes Case I, II, and III operations and unique voice overs for departure, marshal, approach, tower, the landing signal officer (LSO), and even messages over the 5 MC. Many of these parts are voiced by service members that filled the actual roles! We will also include the needed voice over files to support all aircraft types that have flown from a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, including the F-14.

To make the carrier deck feel alive, deck crew is a must. We are doing this through a combination of static-placed deck crew with animations that mission creators can place and fully pathed and animated deck crew that support launch operations from all four catapults. We are pushing this feature past anything that has been done before.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215595&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=215596&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=215597&stc=1

In addition to these three core areas, we are also working on / planning:
  • Up to 18 spawning locations on the carrier deck.
  • Flood lights in addition to standard lighting.
  • Long Range Laser Lineup System.
  • Barricade net.
  • Deck equipment like the crane, fire truck, and mules.
  • Detailed Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with functional panels to control cut lights, wave off lights, manual ball control, and PLAT camera. This can be crewed while in VR.
  • “Burble” effect behind the carrier.
  • Air Boss station that can also be occupied in VR and allow control of the flood lights, barricade, and view the PLAT camera.
  • Immersive, 3D, Ready Room with functions to view briefings, load aircraft, view PLAT camera, vie the “Greenie Board”, view kill board that is tied to online statistics. All of this with a VR option.
  • Combined Arms support for steering the carrier and using weapons.
At this time, we have no release date or pricing, but they will be available at our very soonest.
  • Like 1

Patrick

***Update from Today's Weekend News***

Another item in development is the DCS: Supercarrier module. We recently completed the external model, and we plan to make CVN-71 & CVN-74 versions available at early access launch. The team is now focused on implementing the high-poly Landing Signal Officer (LSO) and Air Boss stations. Here is a list of the planned Early Access features, but this list is subject to change.

Early Access Features

1. New Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model:
    • Highly detailed polygon model.
    • High-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings
    • Animated arresting wires and blast shields
    • Animated radar antennas
    • Animated aircraft elevators
    • Catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2
    • Steam from catapults
    • Risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered
    • Long-range line-up lights
    • IFLOLS
    • Animated “rabbit lights” along landing area centerline
    • Deck lighting
    • Functional air defence weapon systems:
      • Sea Sparrow
      • CWIS
      • Sea RAM
    • Option for Nimitz-class aircraft carriers of the Roosevelt sub-class:
      • CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt
      • CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
      • CVN-73 George Washington
  2. Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck. We will review the possibility of increasing this number to 18 in the coming months.
  3. Carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III.
  4. Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
  5. Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.
  6. Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.

Patrick