Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Growing Frustrated

First, I want to make this clear, I wish REX well with the release of their latest product!  However, as an avid Flt Sim consumer, I’m starting to grow frustrated at the multiple products required to generate a realistic atmosphere.  Today, I’m running 3 separate programs:

AS16                                                      Wx Engine

SF3D                                                      Clouds/Environment

ASCA/ENVTEX/ENSHADE                    Sky Textures/Environment

At this time, I don’t feel like adding a 4th. 

I really wish we could get a single, simple and inclusive weather program;  I’d love to launch one app and have it manipulate the sim's settings based on environmental factors. Competition is great; however, in this instance, I'd love to see a partnership capable of producing a single app to launch and update...I can dream....

• Upvote 2

Matt King

I am content with the ORBX weather themes especially #2.  I do use the textures from Sky Force however.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

17 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

First, I want to make this clear, I wish REX well with the release of their latest product!  However, as an avid Flt Sim consumer, I’m starting to grow frustrated at the multiple products required to generate a realistic atmosphere.  Today, I’m running 3 separate programs:

AS16                                                      Wx Engine

SF3D                                                      Clouds/Environment

ASCA/ENVTEX/ENSHADE                    Sky Textures/Environment

At this time, I don’t feel like adding a 4th. 

I really wish we could get a single, simple and inclusive weather program;  I’d love to launch one app and have it manipulate the sim's settings based on environmental factors. Competition is great; however, in this instance, I'd love to see a partnership capable of producing a single app to launch and update...I can dream....

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D.  Are you using ASCA as your dynamic textures?

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Give it time, I believe we will have that soon. This is just one step closer. I don't like a lot of programs either. I use Active Sky for weather, I was using ASCA until I got Sky Force. I was using PTA and ENVTEX/ENSHADE until I got Environment Force. And I most likely won't use Active Sky once Weather Force comes out. Once the REX trifecta is completed, I think we will only have just one program to open up. Just hang in there. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I did not k

54 minutes ago, rstough said:

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D.  Are you using ASCA as your dynamic textures?

Afternoon, sir. 

I only use ASCA for sky textures; I use SF3D for everything else.

Thanks for the info; I may purchase EF If I don’t need to open/maintain multiple products.  

Matt King

There is a single program... it's called the default weather engine! 😄  Ok... maybe not so funny.  Was just trying to bring a smile to your worn-weather frustration.  I have several weather apps.  REX soft clouds, not ASA but that other weather engine with the build in camera mode?  I keep telling myself I am gonna hook'em all up but never do.

Why do simmers always want bad weather anyway?  I thought the idea was to avoid bad weather when flying.  Oh well, here in SoCal weather is pretty boring so I use just fair weather. 

Hope you get your situation fiqured out.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

14 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Why do simmers always want bad weather anyway?  I thought the idea was to avoid bad weather when flying.  Oh well, here in SoCal weather is pretty boring so I use just fair weather.

I don't want bad weather, per se - what I want is real weather with all of its challenges and variability.

Scott

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Easy one: because even with not so bad weather, the planes in the simulator behave like flying on rails. Nice weather flying is good for VFR sightseeing with a small GA plane, but for everything else, bad weather is equally or more interesting than no clouds and no wind.

OR: because we want REALISTIC weather. If you do not live in sunny state but in many other places over the world, weather is usually bad ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That's another HUGE advantage of Aerofly FS 2: it has no weather at all... 😜

I wish I could complain like you guys do about the weather options of my current sim,,, LOL I'm jealous!!!

First world problems. When we started off with FSX back in 2006 people would have killed for all the options we have now. 😉

But well, I do have to say it would of course be nice if there was ONE addon to rule them all. 😎

One app would eliminated the multiple page threads that spawn every time a new weather program is released.  To that point, REX has never been good at explaining exactly what their products manipulate; thus, it's up to the users to figure out compatibility. 

Too bad you're not using P3D, Jeroen.  I recall you posted an easy-to-read thread explaining how to integrate AS4, SF3D, ASCA and ENVTEX during REX's prior release.  I think a similar post would be helpful to clear up what EF does, and doesn't do...

Matt King

If you want to know more about EV and what it can do check out the twitch stream posted in the thread nearly ready last Saturday 1hr going through what it can do.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, J van E said:

That's another HUGE advantage of Aerofly FS 2: it has no weather at all... 😜

I wish I could complain like you guys do about the weather options of my current sim,,, LOL I'm jealous!!!

First world problems. When we started off with FSX back in 2006 people would have killed for all the options we have now. 😉

But well, I do have to say it would of course be nice if there was ONE addon to rule them all. 😎

You are right about that. If we could have done what we do now in 2006 - wow that would have been crazy.  We broke up our products because many didn't want the huge downloads and only used parts of the program.  We started this with the REX 4 Direct series.  REX 5 Force series is the same format, but we will be greatly expanding each product over the next year.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Hi all. I am a new user of rex environment force. Unlike many here, I have to say that I have just made an extraordinary flight from Tenerife to La Palma, and the atmosphere has been incredible. The program makes each flight different, and I combine it with AS16, and the textures of rex sky force. Enjoy it if you buy it, and if you do not want any changes on screen, do not buy it. easy!:)

9 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Hi all. I am a new user of rex environment force. Unlike many here, I have to say that I have just made an extraordinary flight from Tenerife to La Palma, and the atmosphere has been incredible. The program makes each flight different, and I combine it with AS16, and the textures of rex sky force. Enjoy it if you buy it, and if you do not want any changes on screen, do not buy it. easy!:)

That is great to hear.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com