Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Growing Frustrated

On 4/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, Arthur42417 said:

welcome to Flight Simming👍😄

Pretty much that, but I sympathize.  The number of modules and programs I need to launch before even flying boggles the mind (more so knowing most were payware ha)...especially atmosphere and visuals.  I'd love to trim down the quantity.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

3 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

The number of modules and programs I need to launch before even flying boggles the mind (more so knowing most were payware ha)...especially atmosphere and visuals.  I'd love to trim down the quantity.

I suggest to use SimStarter NG. Among other things, it enables you to define a set of programs that will be launched when you start a flight.

Peter

All I would add if never had a weather program I would still never fly without EF now , the changes you can make on the fly in the air without exiting the sim is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 5/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, rstough said:

If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D. 

Is this for sure? If I remember correctly, in the REX forum we were advised first to start SF3D, then EF, then ASP4, then P3Dv4.

Sorry, currently no access to REX forum (I don't have my credentials available her on work)

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I suggest to use SimStarter NG. Among other things, it enables you to define a set of programs that will be launched when you start a flight.

Peter

I wrote my own batch file.  Still, would like to trim down the overall number of programs required (especially for atmosphere and visuals) and see developers consolidate someday.

One could hope.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Is this for sure? If I remember correctly, in the REX forum we were advised first to start SF3D, then EF, then ASP4, then P3Dv4.

Sorry, currently no access to REX forum (I don't have my credentials available her on work)

I'm also not sure anymore...

Victor Roos

I can only comment on a combination I use (and it works abolutely great in my case):

I use Active Sky to inject the real world weather data, so I start this one first. In case the AS is being used as a weather "provider" you don`t even need to start Sky Force. I only ran Sky Force once to insert a theme - a combination of clouds and sky textures (Matt Davies`s theme to be precise), this combination is only used as a base and gets changed during a flight. After AS, I start EF in AUTO mode and load P3D.  As soon as I get in the sim EF loads the textures according to a real world weather injected data in a way that it picks the appropriate textures from the Sky Force location. 

Regards,

Matej

Edited by hollow1slo

Matej Stavanja

I run REX Sky Force 3D & Active Sky p3dv4 on networked PC - Usually start REX and send to sim selected theme or individual texture sets, Weather is disabled. Active Sky afterwards and then The Sim. Works perfectly and produces amazing weather from full overcasts all the way fair weather. Also use PTA.