Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

ORBX May sale on

I would prefer to buy TrueEarth GB Central for P3D v4 at full price rather than anything else in the ORBx catalogue at a 50% off sale price. In addition, OLC regions mean nothing to me. I see a certain degree of whinging about photoscenery regions taking up lots of hard drive space, but......so what? Just buy a bigger hard disk.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yeah, FPS hits and disk space are temporary problems that go away after the price for technology improves, boredom sets in, and the upgrade and the curiosity bug starts rearing its head again. That's why we work anyway. For our games. Lol.

So far, I've bought three ORBX airports for FSX/P3D this time around. It's hard to resist those 50% discount.  I'll be checking out Xplane though, so I'm holding back a bit. The YouTube videos on Xplane look nice too.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I have taken advantage of their sale to get some real bargains. Bilbao, Innsbruck, Dubrovnik and Stockholm. All are compatible with just FTX Global. 👍

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bilbao, Innsbruck, Dubrovnik and Stockholm

Great choice, Ray!
I have all of them, except Bilbao, and they are really great.
Especially Innsbruck - a work of art. In my opinion Jarrad Marshall is one of the 3 top scenery magicians whose work I simpy adore (the other two being Mir and Jo Erlend).

Enjoy your flights! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Always love the ORBX sales. I tend to pick up an airport or 3 when they come through. Picked up BZN, will most likely pick up Bonners Ferry and the Australia region too.

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

The only issue that I have with orbx is that there are to many destinations that I wish to fly.

Like, I have two hours, Helsinki to Stockholm, Cardiff, Southampton.. No maybe Dubronik (haven't flown there once). No Lowi 🤔 Or perhaps Visby or Kiruna.. 😓 1h Left, Wait I have tons of other stuff, maybe Fly tampa athens... 😂😂 30 Min Left, oh lets see the aircraft is .... 10min left, the weather on route is, oh, GSX is boarding. Oh the sim crashed lol..

Ended up with TE South and Southampton during this sale 🙂

• Like 1

I bought a few more from Orbx today. Having FlyTampa Sydney is a bit pointless unless you have other airports to fly to that won't take hours. So I bought the AUS pack for ground textures and Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra airports. Great deal as the whole lot cost me around 44GBP. 👍👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I bought a few more from Orbx today. Having FlyTampa Sydney is a bit pointless unless you have other airports to fly to that won't take hours. So I bought the AUS pack for ground textures and Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra airports. Great deal as the whole lot cost me around 44GBP. 👍👍

Careful with Brisy its super heavy so some adjustments to the panel may help. The other 2 are perfect. Good timing with OZ V2 not to far away

ZORAN

1 hour ago, zmak said:

Careful with Brisy its super heavy so some adjustments to the panel may help. The other 2 are perfect. Good timing with OZ V2 not to far away

I’ve just followed a NZ777 (AIG model) into 19 and fps stayed in the 30s and higher. The one I need to sort out is Canberra as the AFCAD has no parking gates. Strange as the statics are medium so there should be some. Any 3rd party ones available?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The one I need to sort out is Canberra as the AFCAD has no parking gates. Strange as the statics are medium so there should be some. Any 3rd party ones available?

What do you mean by no parking gates? This is the ORBX YSCB addon? There are 7 spots available for up to A321/B737 at the terminal and one large enough for a B767 on a stand just beside the terminal.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What do you mean by no parking gates? This is the ORBX YSCB addon? There are 7 spots available for up to A321/B737 at the terminal and one large enough for a B767 on a stand just beside the terminal.

Yes, YSCB purchased today. When I use GSX to find a suitable gate it reports none available. Using ADE to examine the AFCAD also finds no suitable gates. What is the name of the BGL you have installed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

ORBX_YSCB_APX_1.BGL or ORBX_YSCB_APX_2.BGL because I don't display statics (that's what AI is for).  What kind of aircraft are you trying to park?

Ah ok I see it now. GSX is reading a smaller overlay afx file for YSCB called ZSCB. The fix then is to customize your CouatlAddons.ini file (located in your C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\virtuali folder) telling GSX to not read that airport ident. There is a line disable_on_airports = where you simply add ZSCB and that should do it.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave. I’ll check tomorrow. PMDG737-800.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi again Dave, thanks for that. I now have the option in GSX to move to suitable gates. I wish they wouldn't define then all as GA ones. I know it's done to prevent airport vehicles surrounding your aircraft but it makes it pain when trying to select one. Large, Medium or Small seems to work just fine at most of my 3rd party ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather