1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The one I need to sort out is Canberra as the AFCAD has no parking gates. Strange as the statics are medium so there should be some. Any 3rd party ones available?

What do you mean by no parking gates? This is the ORBX YSCB addon? There are 7 spots available for up to A321/B737 at the terminal and one large enough for a B767 on a stand just beside the terminal.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What do you mean by no parking gates? This is the ORBX YSCB addon? There are 7 spots available for up to A321/B737 at the terminal and one large enough for a B767 on a stand just beside the terminal.

Yes, YSCB purchased today. When I use GSX to find a suitable gate it reports none available. Using ADE to examine the AFCAD also finds no suitable gates. What is the name of the BGL you have installed?

Posted (edited)

ORBX_YSCB_APX_1.BGL or ORBX_YSCB_APX_2.BGL because I don't display statics (that's what AI is for).  What kind of aircraft are you trying to park?

Ah ok I see it now. GSX is reading a smaller overlay afx file for YSCB called ZSCB. The fix then is to customize your CouatlAddons.ini file (located in your C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\virtuali folder) telling GSX to not read that airport ident. There is a line disable_on_airports = where you simply add ZSCB and that should do it.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi again Dave, thanks for that. I now have the option in GSX to move to suitable gates. I wish they wouldn't define then all as GA ones. I know it's done to prevent airport vehicles surrounding your aircraft but it makes it pain when trying to select one. Large, Medium or Small seems to work just fine at most of my 3rd party ones.

The gates are listed as Gates in GSX and sorted by size. Small, Medium and Heavy is just a term coined from MS for FS that you've grown accustomed to and isn't used anywhere in the real world. You can always change them to suit your needs with ADE.
 Unfortunately, ORBX's YSCB is quite outdated now as there is a whole new terminal building there with more gates as well as larger ones to accommodate the Singapore and Qatar B77W's which I stuffed into the current setup.

2019-5-26-8-56-1-852.jpg

I just find Small, Medium and Large handy. In the real world gate choice is in the hands of others but us sim pilots have to do everything.

I appreciate Canberra is old. It plus Brisbane could do with a 64-bit upgrade. Time is the enemy I suppose. At least I can start using Sydney again.

Appreciate your help. 👍