Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

What you see is usually what you get....

"Of course, that explains why none of the constant whiners will ever receive an invitation to beta test the product..."Oh, come now.I'm certain that if one were to go back to a time well before each release you'd find people requesting things like "ATC" and a "flight planner" and "reflective water" and "3D cockpits" and right next to those people, a huddled group, pointing and uttering..."...whiners...".I've rarely seen a criticism that was actually "whining"; rather, the whining was just the presentation of the idea.-------Andrew

It looks like whining to me. I'm a father to three kids and can tell the difference between adult constructive criticism and the moaning and whining I see here.Kyle and Bill, I totally agree with both of you. Nicely said...

'Form your own opinions but, IMNSHO and experience, those of us looking for major improvements in the simulator, as opposed to eye-candy, are going to be very, very disappointed'I cant agree more, ok so we get hoops in the sky, walking elephants and exploding oil rigs????what about ATC, airports with corrected flattend areas, a real flight planner, greatly improved cockpits, corrected windshear issues, improved wx with proper moving fronts ect... the list goes on and on.So you want exploding oil rigs? - get SplinterCell, those you cant beat.I find it very very odd NO ONE has spoken about the cockpits, I fear 90% fluff (candy junk) and about 10% flight sim stuff (mesh and texture)just had to vent a bit...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

"I find it very very odd NO ONE has spoken about the cockpits"Because nobody, outside of the team, has seen them yet. Nor the ATC, the flight planner, weather, or anything else but 4 basic missions with a blank ATC box and no main menu bar.Gosh, the wine and cheese factories are busy the last 24 hours. Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest TomLiAirplane

>Gosh, the wine and cheese factories are busy the last 24>hours.---------------------------------------------------------Thank You ! :D :D

Hope I'm not the only one thinking that way too many people here are assuming way too many things they can't possibly know anything about... At the VERY worst, FSX will still have everything FS9 did as far as "hardcore" features and yet everyone's acting like the sim's been turned into Ace Combat 5 or something. Get a grip folks...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well right now all i can see is eye candy.. ok great. besides the forests (maybe i don't know) everything else can be achieved in FS9 with the proper scenery, mesh and textures. what we haven't been told about is weather effects.. turbulence, shear, etc. dynamic scenery logic and possibilities (people?, airport objects etc) in addition to proper dynamic lightning inside planes so that your bathroom isn't backlit by the sun regardless of it being windowless and so on. any of that?

Maybe the Team wasn't ready to show all that yet? I'll bet within 6 months you'll know.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest robertsflight

> You're kidding? Right? All Vista will do is allow the>use of DX10 for some additional eye-candy enhancements. It>does nothing for the feature set. >>DougHi Doug!I beg to differ, (as far as the feature set)Here is why:I) Moving objects/vehicles a: on land/roads b: on airports c: on waterII) Moving living things a: humans b: animals land/sea/airIII) Improved mesh/terrain a: resolution of tiles b: mesh c: coastlines d: roads/rivers?(All of the previous points=MUCH greater immersion factor)IV) Adventures/Missions+Editor a: remember when FS4 was about to get boring and add ons such as Rescue 911? Great Stuff!V) New PlanesVI) Flight Planer-NEW!!! Thanks Tdragger! As a real world pilot the very first thing you do before you even start the airplane is to check the weather at the origin and at the destination (if you are flying cross-country - meaning from airport to airport). Thanks to TD we will have that now since the flight planner now shows the weather along the route including the wind at the destination. WOW! Did I say THANKS TD?!VII) Ability to customize features you may not care about but others may: a: with my PC I could care or less for cloud shadows, but others might want to check that thingy ON b: did you notice the ability to animate land and water movements of animals, boats, and traffic? Just of the top of my head but I think that would qualify as the great improvement in the feature set, and we know nothing yet of the improvements in panels, VC, ATC, weather, runway conditions, DX10, dual core processor help etc.In short, I am sorry if you can't see the improvements but from what I have seen so far this will be the best FS yet(as it should be since it is the latest:-))Best

Guest JSPuonti

But DX10 is not what allows for those things you listed. Irregardless of DX9 or DX10, FSX will have moving land and water objects, animals, humans (in missions), high resolution textures, high resolution mesh and coastlines, more roads and more rivers.

My system now doesn't give me any problems :-) - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest dpc

I hear ya there!! Give me a Cub and some great emmersion. Good to go :-lol Dave______________________________________System:AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

Guest dpc

I see posts about "what I don't see"", what they haven't shown" etc etc and all I can say is MS FS marketing is doing a great job! Every release is the same. The flurry of activity a few months before release is just like Groundhog Day! I love it because it makes for some great reading.Dave__________________________________________System:AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

Guest Binkles

I find it funny, some people want everything to be shown now, and how widget a really isn't as good as widget b.Oh hang on, lets see there are still a few months to go - maybe, just maybe (I could be wrong) they are still working on the game (yes it's a game - until you can train pilots in a real world situation - it's a game).Of course, I could be wrong, and they've finished the game and sitting back having coffee.If they showed everything now, the game would be finished, and ready for release.When you watch a movie preview do you sit there and ask for the entire plot? - If they did what's the point of watching the movie?As to whether it's going to model rivet B, or even the oily rag, people need to remember, the majority of buyers of Flight Sim are not hardcore - I don't even consider myself hardcore, and I've got no other games installed on my computer, and haven't bought any other games, just loads of controllers and stuff.Microsoft don't make their money from us, it's a small minority, most people just want to think they can fly a 747 or a concorde, or something, leave the good work to the 3rd party people, look at where we are at now with fs9 - lds, pmdg, and I can't remember who made it, but the spinable planes etc.They all worked somewhat around the limitations with FS9, and really there are so few people who can tell us exactly what this plane does, and the mannerisms it has.It's going to be the same with fsx - sure it's going to start fairly bland, but in time the shortfalls will be delevoped by others.How do I know that????Remember when fs2002 (I think) didn't have taxi signs? A group of people joined up and created an easy system to add more. AI traffic wasn't real enough, or the models were too simplistic? A group of people started churning out quality traffic, and models.Planes were too simple - lds, and pmdg (the two best developers of heavy metal - my opinion) created great renditions.FSX will have some shortfalls - and there will be developers who will fill the gaps.As to rigs - well, every new FS I've bought, worked better, and looked nicer than the previous version - with the same hardware. Sure to really take advantage, I ended up buying new parts, but imagine if it ran at 100% with todays hardware? 1 years time people will complain that FSX doesn't work with fangled doodad bingle! Of course, that was terrible of them etc, they should of had foresight etc - they do. My machine is slower, and yes, I think on the lower bounds of what FSX will require, but still I will buy FSX, for the simple fact that one day I will upgrade my machine, and it will seem like magic again.I'm anxious to see what it can do - sure, don't get me wrong, but you know what, I'll accept it for what it is, and enjoy the previews as I would previews for a movie.