Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

What you see is usually what you get....

A flying doodad bingle....I hope it has a VC! lol :-jumpy

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Guest MrBitsy

>I find it funny, some people want everything to be shown now,>and how widget a really isn't as good as widget b.>>Oh hang on, lets see there are still a few months to go ->maybe, just maybe (I could be wrong) they are still working on>the game (yes it's a game - until you can train pilots in a>real world situation - it's a game).I have completed 34 hours of the private pilots license in the UK. Between lessons I use FS2004 to practice procedures time and time again. Using photographic scenery I am able to practice the varied circuit procedures at my local airfield (EGTR), seeing all local landmarks and VRP's as they look in the real world..I use Track IR with vector expansion to accurately simulate the view from the real aircraft. When planning a cross country flight, I fly the route in FS several times prior to doing it for real. I can see accurate local terrain in FS2004, so I am well prepared when I get to the real destination.Using ActiveSky, I can plan for the weather and make a go/no go decision in FS2004 - making my real world weather planning less daunting. Every procedure I follow and every switch I press in the real world, can be done in FS2004.It is not a game for me and I don't use it as such.I will agree with many that I would prefer technical improvements instead of graphical ones. However, the FS series has to be sold as a game, so better eye candy is a must for each new release. Even if FSX does not include what I would like to see - more accurate turbulence, winds, fronts, visibility and better flight modelling, at least the feeling of immersion will improve the experience.I am quite excited about the missions actually! Recently, on only my second set of solo flights at Elstree, I was on finals when a twin ahead had brake failure and went into the hedge at the end of the runway. I had to hold for 40 minutes while the emergency was dealt with. If the mission editor will allow random happenings like this, the immersion factor goes up a notch.Anyway, lets wait and see what we are shown over the next few months.Ray Keattch

I hate responding to these threads, but, I want to offer my support. Every day, I am amazed at what FS9 can do. I am sure FSX will be even better and I am very excited. My only bummer will be that it is likely all the work I have done to improve FS9 will at least have to be improved to get it to work with FSX. Plus I'll likely have to throw out all the research and work I have done finding addons for FS9.I remember when I had done a bunch of work in FS4 and then FS95 came out and I had to do it all over again. I gave up by FS98 and didn't pick it up again till 2 years ago.For those of you who are worried about blurries - Blurries are caused because the hardware can't keep up. Today's hardware is - what - half of what it will be in 3 years. If there are no blurries today, the software will be limited tomorrow. That's what sliders are for.The most important thing to me is practicing procedures I need to know to fly. I can already do most of that, and it is only getting better, and the outside interactivity being added only adds to the immersivity.Thank you for this wonderful tool/toy.Bye.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest grapesh

I welcome all the eye candy in FSX, just because I'm mostly a VFR pilot. Even elephants become very important if you got engine out over Africa!;) Seriously, better graphics means better visual perception, and I'm looking forward to that in FSX.

In so far as the comment about performance in FSX...Yes, work has been done on the weather engine and the sprites have been worked on to improve performance. I'm trying to find the comment in the blogs where one of the MSFT team speaks about that...In so far as other things that haven't been spoken about in the sim, I think tdragger sums it up best:http://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/- No, what you're seeing from the show is not all that's in FSX. We're still saving a few suprises. - Yes, the display settings used for the hands-on machines have been optimized for each mission (e.g., they aren't all cranked up). We haven't done perf-tuning yet. - Yes, you really can own one of those parabolic dome displays--for about $70K. - Did I mention everything you've seen is running under DX9?Guys, quit bashing the MSFT team and just be patient... There is a lot in FSX that we have not been told about yet. The beta team will also be under hush orders from MS soon...Do I know if my chanissle doodading is in FSX, not yet, but it either is, or is slated for FS 11 or beyond...One word: "Chill!"

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR