Sign in to follow this  
debarba

Go-Flight not working anymore

Hi, I'm running FSX-SE w/ MCE and had the Go-Flight functionality working perfectly. I've done a lot to my system including scenery upgrades and somewhere along the line this has stopped working. I've verified MCE.INI has "Use=1" under the Go-Flight section - timeout is 3000. I had FSUIPC4 installed but have removed it completely but Go-Flight never opens the ATC window to start the search for the airport when I tune the tower freq. I have the Saitek radio switch panels. Since I removed FSUIPC, is there something I have to do with the Saitek driver to get this going again? Any help is appreciated...thanks, Bob.

5 hours ago, debarba said:

Hi, I'm running FSX-SE w/ MCE and had the Go-Flight functionality working perfectly. I've done a lot to my system including scenery upgrades and somewhere along the line this has stopped working. I've verified MCE.INI has "Use=1" under the Go-Flight section - timeout is 3000. I had FSUIPC4 installed but have removed it completely but Go-Flight never opens the ATC window to start the search for the airport when I tune the tower freq. I have the Saitek radio switch panels. Since I removed FSUIPC, is there something I have to do with the Saitek driver to get this going again? Any help is appreciated...thanks, Bob.

The feature only kicks in in VFR free flights, with no flight plan.

Thanks Gerald, I had forgotten that no flight plan can be loaded. But that isn't this problem - I just made a flight with no flight plan and when I select another tower freq, nothing happens. I expect it to open the ATC window, select "Nearest Airport List", etc. etc. until it finds the airport I selected but it never starts. I have SAIFLIGHTSIMX.EXE running in Task Manager and I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 installed and running and mce.ini is set to "USE=1". Does all this sound correct? Thanks, Bob

12 hours ago, debarba said:

Thanks Gerald, I had forgotten that no flight plan can be loaded. But that isn't this problem - I just made a flight with no flight plan and when I select another tower freq, nothing happens. I expect it to open the ATC window, select "Nearest Airport List", etc. etc. until it finds the airport I selected but it never starts. I have SAIFLIGHTSIMX.EXE running in Task Manager and I have the registered version of FSUIPC4 installed and running and mce.ini is set to "USE=1". Does all this sound correct? Thanks, Bob

OK, will be checked as soon as possible.

FSUIPC isn't required for the feature to work.

Meanwhile, suggest you reset MCE to factory settings. By default, the feature is enabled, therefore, no need to mess with the config file.

Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

The other possibility is that MCE isn't getting the ATC window content so it can see when "Nearest airport list" is up there and start the auto-tuning process, possibly explaining why nothing is happening.

Suggest you install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Hi, I tried the factory settings reset but no help. It's always been in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder. Then I did an uninstall, removed the .ini file then re-installed, voice training, options setup and it works just as it did. I like this because it's most realistic, tune in the freq, wait a few seconds, start talking. Wish it worked with a flight plan but not the end of the world. I did get several app crashes as I was setting options in the "More Settings" on the "General" tab. This was my first time through and I have to leave it for now. I'll reboot everything and try it again...if it continues, I'll let you know. Thanks much for the help...Bob.