Hello! I am considering building a new PC with the specs below. Thoughts?

CASE - NZXT H500 x 1
CPU COOLING - NZXT Kraken X52 x 1
MOTHERBOARD - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC x 1
GPU(GRAPHICS) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 GHz x 1
POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic Focus Plus 750W Gold x 1
RAM - Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz x 1
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB x 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Excellent system!  RAM brand is sort of generic I'd recommend Gskill but it's probably fine

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very nice, if you can, try to get 32GB versus 16GB. It does make a noticeable difference even you might use no more than 5 GB total Memory.

Please don't go for the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, I returned mine 2 times already for issues and now I'm back to 1080 Ti. The difference is maybe 3 to 5 extra FPS.

Unfortunately P3D is still not properly optimized so no matter what you put inside of your PC case will not make such a big difference. To be noted, with moderate settings you can achieve a very nice outside view and even with PMDG you will get steady 30 FPS at JFK without any stutters.

But I was pleasantly surprised with game performance on XP11 and DCS and that's where the money are well spent. 

A important note please, if you overclock it's very important to know what you do, otherwise expect big issues. On mine I just dialed down to 4.9 GHZ and it runs perfect, CPU temps between 39 to 51 degrees Celsius. I don't hear at all my  1080 Ti fan going crazy versus the 2080 Ti.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

23 hours ago, killthespam said:

Very nice, if you can, try to get 32GB versus 16GB. It does make a noticeable difference even you might use no more than 5 GB total Memory.

Please don't go for the Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, I returned mine 2 times already for issues and now I'm back to 1080 Ti. The difference is maybe 3 to 5 extra FPS.

Unfortunately P3D is still not properly optimized so no matter what you put inside of your PC case will not make such a big difference. To be noted, with moderate settings you can achieve a very nice outside view and even with PMDG you will get steady 30 FPS at JFK without any stutters.

But I was pleasantly surprised with game performance on XP11 and DCS and that's where the money are well spent. 

A important note please, if you overclock it's very important to know what you do, otherwise expect big issues. On mine I just dialed down to 4.9 GHZ and it runs perfect, CPU temps between 39 to 51 degrees Celsius. I don't hear at all my  1080 Ti fan going crazy versus the 2080 Ti.

Another 2080 failure 😔 it’s all I’ve been seeing...I was about to buy a system, but then seen all the problems with the card I was about to also buy and it’s stopped me in my tracks, I didn’t really want to put a older card in a “”up to date” system..but you say p3d only gained 3-5 FPS with it. 

Was performance better in heaven clouds ect?

Either way it seems the 1080 ti, at half the price stacks up very well so I may just go ahead with that.

Luke Pype

Was performance better in heaven clouds ect?

Very little or negligible.  The problem with the 2080 Ti that I also noticed was that in dense clouds you will hear right away the fan kicking in, not on 1080 Ti. 

For sure it is not what everybody hoped for (especially if you search the internet).

On the other note, the upgrade to I9 9900K just for P3D V 4.5, in my opinion, it's something you might want not to jump on, yet. Version P3D V4.5 has issues for a lot of people right now, also it's still not properly

optimized. I would wait for version 5 and see if there are some real improvements. 

I kept on upgrading CPU, GPU, memory, and motherboard for the last 2 years to find out that all the other flight simulator games responded positive to upgrades but P3D.

Every P3D update with glitches and mediocre performance gains.

Thanks Alex

dissapionting.

Think I’m just going to get the 1080 ti and enjoy it the best I can that way.

Luke Pype

Luke,

Please search the internet again, right now I'm back on 1080 Ti and happy, no overheating, no noise from the fan etc but still fighting to get my money back from the PC manufacturer even having the proper documentation.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:17 AM, Le Français said:

Hello! I am considering building a new PC with the specs below. Thoughts?

CASE - NZXT H500 x 1
CPU COOLING - NZXT Kraken X52 x 1
MOTHERBOARD - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC x 1
GPU(GRAPHICS) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 GHz x 1
POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic Focus Plus 750W Gold x 1
RAM - Team T-FORCE Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz x 1
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB x 1

If you decide to go with different RAM one thing to look at would be your motherboard maker's ram compatibility list (most major makers prepare one) as a guide to help you pick known-compatible sticks.  This can be important for your overclock -- but you know that I bet.

I have a white NZXT H700i and love the case, even though its beauty is wasted in my sim pit.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB