Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

What about trains?

We get vehicles, boats, animals and as i understand it even people in FSX, but what about trains? Will we be able to follow say the trans-siberian express for example?Another question. Is it yet known to anyone if the clouds-sets can be changed in-game? Like with ActiveSky we always have to restart FS to get the current weather active.I am very excited about FSX, i've had every version since FS4, but my feeling is that this version will keep me up for many a night, just to explore the whole wide world, to see all the beautifull new things, i'm already thinking of taking a week free from work during that time.Thanks also to tdragger and pixelpoke for their patient contributions.Eric from Eham

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>We get vehicles, boats, animals and as i understand it even>people in FSX, but what about trains? Will we be able to>follow say the trans-siberian express for example?>>Another question. Is it yet known to anyone if the clouds-sets>can be changed in-game? Like with ActiveSky we always have to>restart FS to get the current weather active.>>I am very excited about FSX, i've had every version since FS4,>but my feeling is that this version will keep me up for many a>night, just to explore the whole wide world, to see all the>beautifull new things, i'm already thinking of taking a week>free from work during that time.>>Thanks also to tdragger and pixelpoke for their patient>contributions.>>Eric from Eham>>No trains this release.Cheers,Jason

Is there any support at all for trains in the SDK for 3rd party guys? The concept is not that different to the road traffic..

Guest tdragger

<>There is a big difference--multiple, *connected* simulated objects. But I'm sure the 3rd party guys will fiure it out.

Guest heclak

OSS already has a train in their Shoreham scenery. I think it shouldn't be impossible in FSX.

Guest JSPuonti

But aren't the trains in Shoreham and Mega City Frankfurt just animations? I think what the others have been hoping for is "rules controlled" (AI) trains. Basically, trains that you can tell to follow railroads laid down by the game engine based on rail/road data.An animated train is simply something that has been told to go from point A to B to C to D ..... to point X at an interval, but doesn't actually follow real railroad data. The limitation is that the developer has to create that animation "by hand" for each train and each route, instead of telling the train to follow the tracks between points A and B irregardless of what route they might take.

IM glad that trains were decided not to be put in by Microsoft because some users would have complained that they were arriving at their favourite stations either too early or too late. Of course Microsoft would have had no complaints from British users as we would think that was very realistic of trains to arrive late but of course the Japanese users would have beeen shocked if the the 14:45 to Tokyo actually arrived at 14:46:-walksmile

>it's a FLIGHT simulator. WHAT? Does this mean that no one will develope third partysubmarines?x( Just how in the heck are we supposed to be able to torpedo andsink the Aircraft Carriers without SUBS?:-8 Why the very idea! Some folks are just sooo narow minded:-lol Denny

Guest kurtj

>perhaps in Microsoft Train Simulator X >>:( Microsoft should bring back Train Simulator X. It sure would bring in a new look of realism if they did it like FSX. It's too bad that company Kuju and Microsoft had so much trouble, but I don't think that should have stopped them. There are alot of people that use the old MSTS and then there is Aurans Trainz. I found there was alot more prototype rolling stock and engines in MSTS though. If Microsoft ever considers making a new MSTS I would like to see all of the USA routes installed and lets kinda forget about the other countries. If other countries are desired either freeware or payware designers can take the upper hand and design the routes. Sorry if this dosn't pertain to FSX administrators. I just thought I would put my 2 cents in about another Microsoft production that should be considered in the future.