Sign in to follow this  
newtie

GPS/ILS to button?

Hi all-

Is there a way to assign the CDI button on the XP (toggling between GPS and ILS) to a button on a controller?

I have FSUIPC but couldn't locate the proper assignment description. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark

Can you assign it to the default FS NAV/GPS switch?

Try:

K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1

and

K:GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi,

This is very easy: open the RXP GTN User's Manual in your favorite PDF reader, search for "CDI"

There are many options for this.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

21 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

This is very easy: open the RXP GTN User's Manual in your favorite PDF reader, search for "CDI"

There are many options for this.

Hi Jean-Luc-

I've read the configuration information and looked at the .ini file.

It looks like the .ini file is used to create keyboard shortcuts? I'm looking to be able to cycle CDI/GPs with a button(s) on my stick.

How would I do that?

Thanks!

Mark

13 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'm looking to be able to cycle CDI/GPs with a button(s) on my stick.

How would I do that?

Thanks!

Mark

Did you try:

K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 ?

Bert

Hi Bert-

I’m not sure what that refers to or how to implement it. 😶

Thanks

23 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Did you try:

K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 ?

Bert,

My experience is that the standard K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 event/control does not work with the RXP GTN750.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

Bert,

My experience is that the standard K:TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 event/control does not work with the RXP GTN750.

Al

what about:

K:GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON ?

Edit: I just tested the Nearest Button, and it works :smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

what about:

K:GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON ?

Bert,

GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON works with the RXP unit, but interestingly, it doesn't work with the 'other' major GPS 750, although TOGGLE_GPS_DRIVES_NAV1 does.  Go figure!  😃

BTW, I tested all this by using a small FSUIPC Lua script to send the different control codes. Didn't feel like writing XML code to test this -- to lazy.

I had never noticed the GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON control before and was surprised it worked to toggle the RXP unit between GPS and VLOC. From the name of this control, I thought it probably had something to do with pulling up a nearest airport in the GPS, etc. Live and learn!

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

@ark This is normal and also documented p19 of the RXP GTN User's Manual. The reason it is the 'NEAREST' command is to have both the GTN and the GNS V2 share the same 'mapping' for their common functions, and the closest simulator GPS command available is the NEAREST one on the default GPS 500 (the NRST button of the GPS 500 is the CDI button of the 530).

Please note: this command is not the CDI button, it is the CDI mode toggle discrete in signal. This is the same signal input you'd wire a real switch to with a real GTN or a real GNS V2. This is quite different and also the reason the default NAV/GPS switch command is not intercepted, because the NAV/GPS switch controls the simulator switch, not the GPS mode.

Please note: this command (and the others) only work if you 'Use Simulator GPS Commands'. Otherwise, you'd use the keyboard shortcuts which list is documented in the GTN User's Manual.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)