Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

error info p3dv4.5

2 hours ago, Wennerholm said:

I have just performed a stress-test and find no error or warning.

Your computer is more than powerful to run anything and everything P3DV4.5.  An i7 7700K is very powerful.  You might improve performance if you go into the BIOS and then exit and select, run in Optimal Defaults.  This should give you a turbo boost to 4.5GHz.  That's all you need for great performance.

P3D crashed but it was not P3D's fault.  An addon or utility brought P3D down.  Now you need to find the culprit as it is hidden.  This is why I posted the procedure to get your computer back to the default or near the default condition.  P3D without any addons or utilities will run perfectly.

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

34 minutes ago, SteveW said:

The clr is the common language runtime for .NET

If there's a problem it is most likely in the addon that you installed. However addons using the same system can fail due to another on the system.

In other words it might look like the last item you installed caused the error. But in some circumstances the error is already present from another.

In which case I would slap my sim back to stock to check that out or I would waste a lot of time trying out bits and bobs.

"slap my sim back to stock"=clean re-installation off P3D and all addon?

17 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Your computer is more than powerful to run anything and everything P3DV4.5.  An i7 7700K is very powerful.  You might improve performance if you go into the BIOS and then exit and select, run in Optimal Defaults.  This should give you a turbo boost to 4.5GHz.  That's all you need for great performance.

P3D crashed but it was not P3D's fault.  An addon or utility brought P3D down.  Now you need to find the culprit as it is hidden.  This is why I posted the procedure to get your computer back to the default or near the default condition.  P3D without any addons or utilities will run perfectly.

Thank´s for info! I will take a look at BIOS. I suspect SimElite Solutions new software Real Time Flight Manager. I maybe wrong...

In the sim look for the addon menu, uncheck the addons availability and restart (not the add-ons control menu appearing after help).

Try it out that way first before uninstalling stuff.

Uninstalling and reinstalling can recover some settings but mostly it is a waste of time.

What you can do with P3D and FSX if you are super confident with renaming folders and things, is to rename the proper set of folders and install a fresh copy, check it out to see the hardware and operating system are sound, and after, remove that and rename back. Or perhaps instead with P3D (not FSX) we can move addons back onto the fresh install by renaming back the docs addons folder or moving individual addons into the fresh folder.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

7 minutes ago, SteveW said:

In the sim look for the addon menu, uncheck the addons availability and restart (not the add-ons control menu appearing after help).

Try it out that way first before uninstalling stuff.

Uninstalling and reinstalling can recover some settings but mostly it is a waste of time.

What you can do with P3D and FSX if you are super confident with renaming folders and things, is to rename the proper set of folders and install a fresh copy, check it out to see the hardware and operating system are sound, and after, remove that and rename back. Or perhaps instead with P3D (not FSX) we can move addons back onto the fresh install by renaming back the docs addons folder or moving individual addons into the fresh folder.

Thank´s for info! I will take a look at your suggestions!

• Like 1

You're welcome. Don't plough it all up (uninstalling/installing changing settings around) as this can cause other problems and confusion. just take some easy steps first. See if you can find the culprit with unchecking the boxes in the menu and come back.

• Like 1

The problem happened after installing EF? Did you already have some kind of tools on there that altered the behaviour of the sim, for example shader modifications?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Wennerholm said:

I suspect SimElite Solutions new software Real Time Flight Manager. I maybe wrong...

I suspect you are on target.  They recently released a new version and then posted a couple updates afterwards.  To find out, you need to disable just to see.  If you still get the crash, you can enable again.

Edited by Jim Young
Corrected a grammatical error.
  • Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23 hours ago, SteveW said:

The problem happened after installing EF? Did you already have some kind of tools on there that altered the behaviour of the sim, for example shader modifications?

Yes, PTA but I have uninstall it and also the P3D Client.

After 2 hours of intense testing regarding delete off SimElite manager, the new software (still have SimElite Time Zone Fixer installed) I have no more CTD. Jim, do you have your roots in main land China? You have a common family name in China. I´m visiting Nanchang and Changsha about 5 times every year. My wife are from Changsha, Furong district.

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Like 1

Was it crashing because it did not have access to something maybe a user folder or settings folder. So it might work OK if it can perhaps write out somewhere that is read only to it. That is very often the case.

When an app is found to work better when admin privileges are applied, that is saying the app needs user intervention to help it get along with the system. Usually this means it cant write out it's settings as the folder is read only. I have several apps that work like this, it is a corner cut by the developer. Better methods to enable writing to a read only folder are by applying the modify permission to the users group on the folder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wennerholm said:

but I have uninstall it and also the P3D Client.

The P3D Client is the main P3D Program that makes P3D run.  It must be installed!

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM