Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

AI vehicles and Vatsim

hi alli see there is an option for Airport Vehicles, Road vehicles, cars trucks etc, the question is will we be able to still see these AI vehicles in the Vatsim environment?As currently all AI is removed once you connect to Vatsim will the grond vehicles still be visible even if connected to Vatsim?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest tdragger

When we get FSX working with Vatsim we'll let you know. ;)

Guest tdragger

Sorry, folks, but we're still waiting to spring the news on our overhauled multiplayer stuff so you're gonna have to wait some more. ;)

Hi, for me it doesn't make sense to have AI activatet when in Multiplayermode. This is because of conflicts with the VATSIM ATC Controllers/Pilots and the AI Traffic. Jan-Paul

Guest PZL

I'd just like to be able to use AI and still have the dynamic vehicles at the airports (and/or scenery) available.

and what if the human controller gives you a different runway from the AI controller?AI won't be easily synchronised between sessions, and especially if there's human controlers in the loop as well, who can't control AI aircraft (especially if they're not synchronised between clients).So now you're getting clearance to take off from Schiphol runway 24 from your vatsim controller but there's some AI aircraft landing on 06 and several other ones on short final.If you don't take off you're going to have that controller shout and you and kick you off the network (the Schiphol controllers on vatsim are not the most likable bunch of guys, I've experience with them), if you do take off you're going to crash into an AI aircraft (or fly through them, if you've aircraft collisions turned off).And the next day we're going to read a complaint from you about how unrealistic AI traffic is...

But what if you can control the landing runway from your FS session...and control the amount of traffic and number of planes in line ahead of you....will work just fine with most Vatsim flights, the exception being flyins and then you just turn down the AI to zero.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

i want i want i want i want i want AI traffic in VAtsimlike an option to turn it on or off so if you are flying in an isolated place where there is no coverage let alone ATC like in india then it be awesome to have AI traffic for company on VATSIM.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

By the way, you can do that now to some degree. When in an isolated place, no ATC, just disconnect from Multiplayer session in FS9. Your AI will appear and any multiplayer planes will disappear. You will be seen on Vatsim (TCAS, Serverinfo) and others will see you but you will not see them. Only works with SB3 not FSInn.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

So you'd have to be ATC for your AI and pilot for vatsim at the same time...People'd complain about the lack of realism...

I would just like to have the AI ground vehicles at the aiports and on the roadways in the multiplayer enviroment. I do hope the team can make this happen.Eric

Eric