Sign in to follow this  
Branech

The YOKO+ yoke and the PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4

Hello,

I intend to buy a new yoke.

As I know that the PMDG 747-400 has problems with some yokes, is there anyone who has a YOKO + yoke and who is using it successfully with the PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4 ?

I am waiting for an answer before ordering the YOKO + yoke. Thank you in advance.

Gérard

Edited by Branech

G

I end up with this one, about $500 more. The issue I had with YOKO was related to the forces. Sometimes was OK sometimes will be very light or stiff. So I end up with this 737. I have it for the last 4 years with no issues at all and tension wise is very close to the real airplane (about 80%).

https://flypfc.com/product-category/yokes/column-yokes/

https://flypfc.com/shop/yokes/boeing-737-column-yoke/

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Thank you for your feedback. If I do not get a definitive answer with YOKO + yoke and PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4, I may be looking for yokes from PrecisionFlightControls.

G

4 hours ago, Branech said:

Thank you for your feedback. If I do not get a definitive answer with YOKO + yoke and PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4, I may be looking for yokes from PrecisionFlightControls.

What kind of problems? The Yoko is just a standard HID so it's hard to imagine why it wouldn't work. Unless you just mean you want more buttons or something like that.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

First of all have you tried emailing Virtualfly? I own their TQ6 and have had several exchange with them, they are very responsive and should answer your question quickly.

Second, what kind of problems are you referring to about the PMDG 747 and yokes? Because I haven't heard about anything.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

1/ I made contact with VirtualFly and PMDG and neither can assure me that the YOKO + yoke will work with the PMDG 747-400 FOR P3D V4.

2/ I have been using for a few years a FLIGHT ILLUSION Boeing force feed back yoke and it works very poorly with PMDG aircrafts and not even at all with the PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4.

3/ FLIGHT ILLUSION and PMDG could not do anything to solve the problem. They only returned the ball to each other .

So I do not intend to spend $ 1100 to find the same problems !

G

Maybe you can provide more information on what problems you have faced.

what problems I have faced ? The answer is very simple: absolutely nothing works at all with the PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4 - With the PMDG 737 for P3D V4 the axis works but the 737 autopilot does not work at all.

G

What do you mean by nothing works? We are trying to help you but we need specifics. Is it buttons that don't work? Axis that are not mapped?

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

Is it only with the PMDG or with other aircraft?

Guillaume

Flight illusion force feedback is totally different as I believe it doesn't work like a normal input device. The Yoko just appears as a standard joystick so if you can use a normal joystick without problem then you can use the Yoko.

If you want to save some money, have more travel, more rotation and the ap disconnect on the right side then you will have to wait a bit longer... 😄

Sorry 😛, seriously it looks good and will likely work without issue. The reason neither company will guarantee it is so you won't sue them due to a problem with someone else's product.

Edited by tutmeister

1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

Is it only with the PMDG or with other aircraft?

I only have problems with PMDG with all others aircrafts the Fligh tIllusion yoke works perfectly.

G

Virtualflight agrees to do some tests with the PMDG 747-400 for P3D V4 before I confirm my purchase for YOKO + yoke ... to be continued.

G

2 hours ago, Branech said:

I only have problems with PMDG with all others aircrafts the Fligh tIllusion yoke works perfectly.

Indeed that is strange. I can't really help you there anymore I am sorry.

If that may help in your decision, I own a Virtualfly TQ6, use it as quad jet throttle configured through FSUIPC and they work like a charm on the PMDG 747, reverse axis included.

Guillaume