Sign in to follow this  
TimothyNathan

Too many windows/Popout Issue

There are two issues, sort of interlinked:

1. Once you remove the bezel, you cannot move the GTN around the screen by mouse.
  2. As a result of (1) I popped the window out to move it and then unpopped it and now, whatever I try (and I have tried a lot of things) the GTN causes a separate instance of the X-Plane window to appear and sits on it.  I can only get to the second instance by Alt-Tabbing, and I cannot get rid of it.  Apart from not being able to see the GTN, it also kills my frame rate.

Any idea how to get rid of the second window and get the GTN back on the main window?

Hi,

I'm not sure to fully follow you through. Is there any chance you could post a screenshot/photo of the issue?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It’s a bit difficult to screenshot.  There is a fullscreen cockpit on the screen and then another right underneath it.  Only one of them has a menu at the top.  The GTN is on the one without the menu.  The only way between them is Alt-Tab

I could send a screenshot of each panel when I get home, but I cannot see what it will tell you.  It’ll just look like two x-plane panels, one with a GTN on.

Edited by TimothyNathan

I'm asking because I'm not sure what you're referring to for example with the words "x-plane panels". Are these your screen panels? 2D aircraft panels? something else?

It seems like X-Plane is just making sure there is an X-Plane 'area' underneath a window if I understand what you're describing and this might just be how X-Plane works?

Maybe a photo of both screens if this is feasible then.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Just in case anyone comes across this topic in the future, with the same problem, this is how I fixed it:

I added another monitor to the computer, made that monitor a normal 3D panel.  I then set the main monitor to Unused.  I had to do this twice.  When I first set it to unused, it was still a  normal panel, so I did it again.  Presumably, that was killing both instances.  

Then, of course, the additional screen was the main monitor for X-Plane, so I set the original screen as a normal screen, then made the additional monitor unused, and so ended up with just one instance on the original screen and could unplug the extra monitor.

What a palaver, as we say over here!

I don't know what caused the original problem.  It felt like it was popping out the RealityXP GTN, then popping it back in again, and X-Plane being confused by how many windows it was managing, but who knows?!

That still leaves the problem of how to move the unbezelled GTN screen around.

Hi,

I was about to ask you further questions but you've answered most of these. It must be a hiccup either with X-Plane multi-monitor support  or with Windows which X-Plane most likely just uses the multi-monitor APIs.

As for moving the 'nobezel' GTN popup window, there isn't much you can do for now because it doesn't work. In effect, the plugin is supposed to disable resizing with the top edge and make this the handle to move the window instead, however, it seems it doesn't work. .

I'm not sure whether this is a new bug with the X-Plane popup windows or a problem with the GTN code but I'll let you know, otherwise this will be fixed one way or the other in the next update.

Please note 'nobezel' popup windows usually are meant to be positioned once only because they are generally used for remote screens for real hardware for example. In the meantime the best is this:

1. manually set nobezel = false in the .ini
  2. position the window
  3. set nobezel = true back

As for when is due the next update, until there is a breaking change, not before the G600/500!

Edited by RXP

I was actually amazed by the power of the internet.  Initially, I looked for a two key USB keyboard almost as a joke to myself, but, sure enough, one popped up on Etsy.  It is called a Basic Osu! Keypad, so it is easy to search for.

There was a choice between a two key keyboard with the two keys next to one another and a five key one with them all in a row.  I wrote to the guy, called Jack Reitano, to ask if he could do one with two keys on a five key base (thus separating the keys as you see above) and he did so at no extra charge.  It was about $20 (I only have it in £s).

When it arrived, my wife look at in in some surprise, until I explained that it was a special keyboard for two finger typists ;-)

• Like 1