Sign in to follow this  
basys

Another new FSX Video!

I agree, a real Hi-res version irrespective of file size would be appreciated.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outta

That's fantastic!I saw animals, birds, cars... the trees look great. I'm not sure butthere might have even been cloud shadow (that scene with the islands near the beginning). great coastlines and water too. Moving vehicles at airports will be nice as well.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Nice find and nice video...I wonder a couple things tdragger or someone may be able to answer?1. The explosions scene with the heli, etc. Is that a "pre-video" of the mission (i.e. kind of like the pre-mission videos in a shoot em up game like Call Of Duty) or is that footage from the ACTUAL simulated gameplay?2. The water and lighting effects look great! However, is this the "spiced up" version running DX10 or is that the DX9 version? Sorry I am not up on this, maybe DX10 is not even in aplha or beta mode so if it's obvious DX9 I am sorry for asking/being ignorant of that fact.Thanks in advance!

The DX10 sdk is available for download from msdn as part of the directx sdk.scott s..

Guest sonicbaz

I saw elephants....and and it had people......*breathe*....baggage cars....there were baggage...

Guest PC509

I see a lot of new things and opportunity for add-on's there. :) One thing I think FSX is bringing is the immersion factor. It's becoming a very dynamic world, rather than so static as before. I know a lot of people are going on and on about flight dynamics. That seems to be something that can't be shown really. More to the point, it's more of a hands on feel. I've seen a lot of video and screenshots to showcase the newer graphic updates, and I must say: I am VERY impressed and looking forward to FSX.Of course, I'm still interested in the little tweaks and such done to the rest: difference in AI, ATC, sound (other than 5.1 :) )... Video is hard to demonstrate that, though... Any official/non-official word yet?So, now that E3 has a hands on, does it go to the Beta testers? ;) ... :)

My, my.....what is that tingle I feel when I watch this video. Oh I know, its my cell phone in my pocket!! :)Nonetheless a tingle inducing video, exciting stuff my friends!![hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, FX5900 128MB, XP SP2.[br /][br /]

>2. The water and lighting effects look great! However, is this>the "spiced up" version running DX10 or is that the DX9>version? Sorry I am not up on this, maybe DX10 is not even in>aplha or beta mode so if it's obvious DX9 I am sorry for>asking/being ignorant of that fact.Since there is still no DX10 hardware available, I'd say it's a safe bet that the video is the DX9c version... ;)Since it takes MINUTES to render a single frame using the DX10 software emulator, that video would have taken a very long time to create... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't see why it should take that long. Where did you get your facts from?

Guest tdragger

>1. The explosions scene with the heli, etc. Is that a>"pre-video" of the mission (i.e. kind of like the pre-mission>videos in a shoot em up game like Call Of Duty) or is that>footage from the ACTUAL simulated gameplay?It is *all* in-game footage.>2. The water and lighting effects look great! However, is this>the "spiced up" version running DX10 or is that the DX9>version? Sorry I am not up on this, maybe DX10 is not even in>aplha or beta mode so if it's obvious DX9 I am sorry for>asking/being ignorant of that fact.As I mentioned on my blog, *everthing* is DX9.

Guest tdragger

From me, probably, though it's more like seconds than minutes.

Guest tdragger

Well when you wake up you'll see them at all major airports in the world *and* coming up to your aircraft to unload. ;)

>>1. The explosions scene with the heli, etc. Is that a>>"pre-video" of the mission (i.e. kind of like the>pre-mission>>videos in a shoot em up game like Call Of Duty) or is that>>footage from the ACTUAL simulated gameplay?>>It is *all* in-game footage.>>>2. The water and lighting effects look great! However, is>this>>the "spiced up" version running DX10 or is that the DX9>>version? Sorry I am not up on this, maybe DX10 is not even>in>>aplha or beta mode so if it's obvious DX9 I am sorry for>>asking/being ignorant of that fact.>>As I mentioned on my blog, *everthing* is DX9.Thank you so much for answering - and thank you for what looks to me like the BEST FS version ever created! Hmm- as they say, save the best for last!

That makes more sense. Mr Leaming is getting a bit carried away in all the excitement ;)