Sign in to follow this  
basys

Another new FSX Video!

Is it true the users will be able to drive the vehicles, or perhaps thats another secret?

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Nice find and nice video...>>I wonder a couple things tdragger or someone may be able to>answer?>>1. The explosions scene with the heli, etc. Is that a>"pre-video" of the mission (i.e. kind of like the pre-mission>videos in a shoot em up game like Call Of Duty) or is that>footage from the ACTUAL simulated gameplay?>>2. The water and lighting effects look great! However, is this>the "spiced up" version running DX10 or is that the DX9>version? Sorry I am not up on this, maybe DX10 is not even in>aplha or beta mode so if it's obvious DX9 I am sorry for>asking/being ignorant of that fact.>>Thanks in advance!Everything in the video was captured from in game, using DX9. We don't use "cut scenes." :)Some of the scenes have been sped up for faster paced editing.Cheers,jason

>Is it true the users will be able to drive the vehicles, or>perhaps thats another secret?Nope.

The oil rig part reminds me of the opening video from SimCopter. Anyone remember SimCopter? Circa 1997? Now there was a great game... Microsoft, I can see you are doing a great job following the footsteps of Maxis lol.Just kidding, the video looks spectacular. MIssions are going to add so much to the game, especially with the built-in editor. The possibilities are endless... and heck, I'd shell out $50 bucks just for that water! And I always did want a SimCopter II... :D -ScottP.S.- if you need betatesters I'm right down the road in Woodinville... about 15 minutes north of Redmond... eh?? Whaddya say????;-)

Is it true any number of users can join someone else's flight as virtual passengers and be able to see each other and chat?

>The oil rig part reminds me of the opening video from>SimCopter. Anyone remember SimCopter? Circa 1997? Now there>was a great game... Microsoft, I can see you are doing a>great job following the footsteps of Maxis lol.>>Just kidding, the video looks spectacular. MIssions are going>to add so much to the game, especially with the built-in>editor. The possibilities are endless... and heck, I'd shell>out $50 bucks just for that water! And I always did want a>SimCopter II... :D >>-Scott>>P.S.- if you need betatesters I'm right down the road in>Woodinville... about 15 minutes north of Redmond... eh?? >Whaddya say????;-) SimCopter? Not Choplifter?http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=n...ter&sa=N&tab=wi

Choplifter... Wow, that's beyond my day. I'm a college student, when Choplifter was around I was more interested in Duplos and Pablum than videogames. No, SimCopter was one of the games in the Sim series put out by Maxis during the 90s and I played it religiously back in elementary school, along with Silent Thunder: A-10 Tank Killer II. You could build cities with SimCity2000 (yet another timeless classic) and then import them into SimCopter and "Fly Missions in the Metropolis" as the slogan went. You could put out fires, disperse riots, assist police, transport people, etc. They even used real helicopters. And if you didn't like someone that was riding passenger in your chopper, you could simply toss them out! Ahh, the good old days...-Scott

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Now I don't want to be a wet blanket about this FSX and it's moving baggage trucks and everything, but is there not a risk, (quite a large risk in fact) judging from previous experience of AI pilots, of the baggage handlers putting your bags on a plane to San Fran when you are actually going to Los Angeles? As real as it gets!!? Andy.

>Hi,>Now I don't want to be a wet blanket about this FSX and it's>moving baggage trucks and everything, but is there not a risk,>(quite a large risk in fact) judging from previous experience>of AI pilots, of the baggage handlers putting your bags on a>plane to San Fran when you are actually going to Los Angeles?>>As real as it gets!!? >Andy.Lol. I can't wait to see enormous convoys of baggage trucks driving all over the place every time you load a flight at a busy airport. :-lol Seriously though, with all the new moving objects there must be a lot of work that goes into keeping it all working together. What happens when a flock of birds flies in front of a landing AI 747 for instance? What happens at freeway intersections with all the moving cars? And beyond that, what happens when the elephants cross freeways!?!-Scott

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Well, that was a great arcade video, only wish it was in a bigger resolution, but am thinking that is available somewhere or sometime.The initial sequence including oil rig, wasn't as exciting for me as the race with the fire truck with its pants on fire, thats when I 'cued' in and the elephants in a Sahara setting was even better!(Having lived some years in Africa, brought back memories.)The step-shift sequence of planes to the beat of the bassdrum, made me wonder what audio gear was used in the demo.The choir voice at the start, followed by arco strings, sounded like a Korg machine of sorts, but in this day of samplers, hard to tell.I know American culture is more fond of acoustic instrumentation, so it was nice to hear odd-bits of electronical now and then.I didn't notice any "night action" or sunrise/sunset features, but thats just something more to look forward to.Did anyone notice the sun diffusing with gloom increase through the clouds in the first 3 sec's? Great detail!

>From me, probably, though it's more like seconds than>minutes.Hmmm... I distinctly recall you used the word "minutes..." ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

Maybe I was refering to minutes on Mercury.

Hi FolksLove the oilrig.Much improved over the fs9 default.Jason & Mike -Does this video indicate we'll be gettingtime-related, sequenced, & triggered, effects in FSX ?Can these be applied to other models ?Or are they library specific ?Can we get those water effects anywhere ?We've a need for them now. LOL.ATBPaulhttp://www.basys.f9.co.uk/resources/images..._sig_500x94.jpg

>Well when you wake up you'll see them at all major airports>in the world *and* coming up to your aircraft to unload. ;)Cool!One question: do the service vehicles come automatically, or we have to call/signal them?-Emerson