Sign in to follow this  
Guest dandan2005

FSX FOR SALE!!! ?????

Guest TomLiAirplane

""This item will be released on January 2, 2007. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier.""What's the point.:D

Online retailers are notorious for making ballpark estimates of release dates, simply to increase the number of preorders. Could be correct, but I highly doubt it.

>Online retailers are notorious for making ballpark estimates>of release dates, simply to increase the number of preorders.>Could be correct, but I highly doubt it.It might not be an estimate. I'm sure MS tells retailers the planned release dates and prices well ahead of time. It doesn't help if the product gets delayed, obviously, but it lets everyone plan for the release.- Martin

There is no possibility that MS is planning to miss the Christmas holiday sales season and release on January 2nd. This is pure hype to generate pre-orders. Besides, pre-ordering is the worst way to get FSX early. You're much better off reserving it from a local retailer and getting it on the day of release. The stories of folks waiting weeks after the release date for a pre-order are almost legendary.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Who knows? Maybe it gets released in Europe later than N.A. Also, I agree that this is a poor way to try to get it early, since they probably can't even mail it out until the release date, so, yeah, if you want it on the first day it's best to reserve a copy at the local store. Amazon is different than the usual suspects when it comes to pre-orders though, and I wouldn't group them in with the plethora of online (and mail-order, from the olden days) retail stores which made promises of deliveries they couldn't support.

Guest dandan2005

Bear in mind this is the UK release for FSX, I'm sure the US release will be around mid-December. When FS9 was released I remember that the US version was released mid-July and the UK version released on 1st August 2003.

Regarding the pre ordering, I've pre ordered a few things from amazon before and always have had it on the release date. They send it a few days before the official release date estimating the time it takes to get to you so you'll hopefully get it on release.

Guest moonkey

Yeah seen the top retail price at 49.99 GBP - so anyone guess what the US price is gonna be? probably 49.99 USD. i can see it : 1GBP = 1USD:(

Guest dandan2005

probably $80