Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

So many Complaints/Problems in the P3Dv4 Forum

since the 4.5 release almost every post in this forum is negative.  I haven't ugraded yet to 4.5(waiting for hotfix) but this week i re-installed Win10 and FSX SE on a new 2019 Alienware Desktop with all my $$$$$$$Payware ADDONS and FSX SE runs Fast and Smooth maxed out with over 60-100FPS..NO Blurries/NO fps issues/ NO crashes/ etc.  I'm having a great time with good old FSX SE which Dovetail did an amazing job in tweaking for modern pc's.

Will also install P3Dv4.5 after hotfix release👍

• Like 1

Guess you see what you want to see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Happy to hear it!

Most satisfied users do not bother to post.. but for the record, I am flying P3DV4.5. and enjoying the experience :cool:

FSX (which is still installed but getting little use) disappoints me every time, mainly because of the popping autogen...

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Bert

Also hard to really compare after you did an OS reinstall and a fresh sim install.   Maybe there were background programs running bringing down FPS.  Maybe it was just one rogue addon in P3D dragging the FPS.   Maybe you had the sliders too far right.  Report back in a year and i'm sure the results will not be the same.  Also sounds like you bought a new comp.  Maybe P3D would run just a smooth on new comp and OS.  

FPS is a very subjective topic since it has literally infinite variables.  

• Upvote 2

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

56 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Happy to hear it!

Most satisfied users do not bother to post.. but for the record, I am flying P3DV4.5. and enjoying the experience :cool:

FSX (which is still installed but getting little use) disappoints me every time, mainly because of the popping autogen...

Check out any flight sim forum and you find the same thing. People almost always post about problems, because they are looking for solutions. But they only occasionally post and say, "Gee I'm really enjoying this product and I'm not having any problems." That's the whole point of online support. It's to solve problems.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

And the reason you felt compelled to post this in the P3D forums is...?????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No problems with 4.5 with me,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

21 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Hopefully reasoned debate on the increasing trend of releasing defective product and or updates.  Just a guess. 

In before the lock!

• Like 6

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Is the glass half empty or half full?...4.5 is the best release so far.. no issues, smoother. My glass is half full

• Like 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

Thanks, Bob!  I was wondering that also. :blink:  This topic may have a VERY short run if it gets out of hand. ☠️

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well software gets more and more complex, so sometimes thing go a bit wrong once in awhile.  IDK if I would call it a trend for P3D,though; it's just a hiccup and a fix is already being tested and it's real easy to roll back the client to v4.4 for now which is what I did.

Still flying and having fun being educated, which is the whole reason for having it.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, argosafe said:

Hopefully reasoned debate on the increasing trend of releasing defective product and or updates.  Just a guess. 

• Not a very good one thought. For the majority of forums that I have ever visited, and Usenet groups for that matter - MOST posters are there seeking help or information on how to solve a problem. The rest attempt to answer the problem posed or
  • a) post a me too or
  • b) post an "it works for me"

Occasionally you'll see a few positive review posts but by comparison, they are few and far between.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The bigger the user base, the bigger is the amount of complex questions via forums.

Some people might see it as negative posts, but most of them are really just complex questions, and the ones with real issues get addressed quite fast by Lockheed Martin engineers.

They will be at the Flight Sim expo in Orlando this year meeting developers and users during the exhibition, I will make sure to give them the positive feedback they deserve alongside with a big thank-you for their prompt support. I hope more people do the same.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I have to say my experience is really positive since i switched from FSX to V4.....Few things here and there, no fixing at all since I switched. Some add-ons are not as advertised but even that is not big of an a issue... with recent update my CPU is getting abused to 90%  average but have no stuttering, sometimes here and there, but no concerns...Overall happy.

See....no negative comments.....😊 

Edited by cyyzrwy24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic