AlphaInfinity

Looking for a study Level GA Aircraft

Hi All,

Looking for a study level GA aircraft with the following features:

1. Simulated icing with visible icing effects

2. rain effects on the windshield

3. Top notch sound

4. TCAS  and TAWS(or at least reality XP compatibility 

I would prefer a turbo prop but I am trying to keep an open mind. I already own a few of the A2A products and the Vertx Da62 doesn't have icing or rain effects. 

Edited by AlphaInfinity

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

There isn't anything out there in P3D 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The A2A ones are the best ones you're going to find for P3D, but no visible icing on them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Milviz 310 Redux 

Flight1 B200

You need X plane 11 and the TBM900

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

You need X plane 11 and the TBM900

+1 and the AFL King Air

Matt Wilson

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 is amazing, top level simulation despite being years old. Couple of things to note, it is compatible with the GTN 750 but no icing effects and the only rain effects are the default P3D ones, better than nothing though!

If you can hold out at all, Milviz's B350i & B350-not-i will be coming which will feature everything you asked for! And as a sidenote, the Airfoillabs (AFL) king air in x-plane uses the same visual model as the Milviz's one, so it will look just as good in P3D but with a glass cockpit and more detailed systems (steam in the non-i variant) just depends if you can wait a couple more months for release

Hope this helps

DO NOT BUY THE F1 KING AIR whatever you do ... 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

That one is pretty good actually...as long as you have a strong system.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

That one is pretty good actually...as long as you have a strong system.

I have a good system I think. 

The guage refresh rate on the G1000 is awful. 

Its a total port over from FSX. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

18 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I have a good system I think. 

Its a total port over from FSX. 

+1

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Works great on my 4790K, GTX 970, one of my all time favorites, perhaps there is an issue with your system or settings? Never had an issue with it or the F1 Mustang?

Edited by MartinRex007

11 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The F1 King Air is very good IMHO. The refresh rate on the G1000 is lacking yes, however generally speaking it models most of what you need. VNAV is not implemented, but who would use that anyway? It's a beast of a turbo prop, with amazing performance, it handles very nicely and lends itself really well to hand flying instrument approaches.

Basically I use the autopilot simply as a heading/altitude hold for the cruise. Using it for anything else would be missing the point entirely of this hugely upgraded B200.

For a study level, it's close.. it is not perfect but it will give you lots of enjoyment.

Edited by BusheFlyer

1 hour ago, BusheFlyer said:

The F1 King Air is very good IMHO. The refresh rate on the G1000 is lacking yes, however generally speaking it models most of what you need. VNAV is not implemented, but who would use that anyway? It's a beast of a turbo prop, with amazing performance, it handles very nicely and lends itself really well to hand flying instrument approaches.

Basically I use the autopilot simply as a heading/altitude hold for the cruise. Using it for anything else would be missing the point entirely of this hugely upgraded B200.

For a study level, it's close.. it is not perfect but it will give you lots of enjoyment.

So to be clear, this aircraft has rain effects, visible icing and tcas or taws capability?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

13 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

The trick with G1000 is to switch off the map view when taking off or taxiing around the airport.  I switch to the system info page and the FPS goes back up by 20 or 30. Only the map view kills your FPS. It’s a little ghetto but it will make the FPS experience a lot better. Once you get some altitude and FPS headroom you can have the map displayed. 

• Upvote 1