Sign in to follow this  
AlphaInfinity

Looking for a study Level GA Aircraft

32 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

The trick with G1000 is to switch off the map view when taking off or taxiing around the airport.  I switch to the system info page and the FPS goes back up by 20 or 30. Only the map view kills your FPS. It’s a little ghetto but it will make the FPS experience a lot better. Once you get some altitude and FPS headroom you can have the map displayed. 

FPS had nothing to do with the G1000 refresh rate. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FPS had nothing to do with the G1000 refresh rate.

There is a video of the framerate on the info page at 80 FPS and then switching to the map and watching it drop to 46-47 FPS.

Per the discussion a year ago on this the explanation was:

"Other addon vendors have settings to reduce update rate on these kinds of displays like PMDG 737 and Majestic Q400 for this reason.

To be clear it's not because of increased GPU or CPU usage but the syncing of the framerates of the display."

Might not specifically be "refresh rate" as you are describing it but the performance issue is entirely related to its update rate with the map and the framerates don't sync so you get a massive performance issue.

Edited by TravelRunner404

3 hours ago, AlphaInfinity said:

So to be clear, this aircraft has rain effects, visible icing and tcas or taws capability?

It has visible icing which is also modelled on performance (up to a point anyway). It also has TCAS and TAWS. The one thing it doesn't have is rain effects, although it does have wipers.

I would recommend any of the A2A aircraft. They go above and beyond with the maintenance hangar and the aircraft aging and the need of maintenance really brings a high level of immersion and of course they are RXP compatible.

I would LOVE to fly my A2A aircraft, but they are having some serious issues with the a2asimulations.com site at the moment and are heads down trying to get that resolved. Hopefully I can download my purchases once the troubleshooting is complete. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

All,

Thank you for the suggestions! It does in fact look like A2A has the market cornered for GA.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

On 5/2/2019 at 7:48 PM, MacSalisbury said:

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 is amazing,

Unfortunately, unless OP already owns it, he can't legally obtain it.

4 hours ago, AlphaInfinity said:

All,

Thank you for the suggestions! It does in fact look like A2A has the market cornered for GA.

Yes all of A2A's aircraft are excellent, I also use their AccuFeel for non-A2A aircraft. I am hoping one day they add a turbo prop. Until then the Flight1 B200 is the best around.

I am so grateful for developers like A2A, much of the sim world is resolved to modelling the most boring tube liners with ever more automation. I also consider it highly unfortunate that in the real world boeing and airbus pump out increasingly profit seeking models at the expense of actual flying enjoyment. The Concorde remains as the last great airliner.

Anyway I digress.. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

I also consider it highly unfortunate that in the real world boeing and airbus pump out increasingly profit seeking models at the expense of actual flying enjoyment.

As a passenger on those boring tubeliners, I'm much more interested in getting to my destination safely than in making the job more exciting for the pilot.

And honestly, hand-flying an airplaine at FL400 at proper econ cruise speed isn't interesting, it's just a pain in the butt. That's true even in a "cool" plane. Blackbird pilots will tell you that flying mach 3 at 80,000 feet is cool in concept, but in practice flying a Cessna at 100 kts 500AGL feels faster and there's more variety of stuff to do.

Plus, there's a certain satisfaction to meticulously planning something and then orchestrating the execution. Some people really like that, and that personality type isn't terribly unusual in airline pilots.

Edited by eslader

5 hours ago, eslader said:

Plus, there's a certain satisfaction to meticulously planning something and then orchestrating the execution.

I agree with that, I know that GPS is king but, I've been flying VFR, VOR and Dead Reckoning most of the time without GPS and it makes things much more interesting.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD