Sign in to follow this  
SquawkModeCharlie

For as bad as people say Carenado are

They gave me three Aer Lingus Commuter legacy turboprops and one Aer Lingus Regional(Stobart Air) so I can't complain😁.

fa0731691eaeb8f148a895affd9ad02b.jpg

Even though Aer Lingus operated all four aircraft, Carenado never released any in an Aer lingus livery, so thanks to the community @Flieger-Marius and @jankees for painting them (ATR repaint from inibuilds).

Edited by SquawkModeCharlie
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful shot!  Go Irish!

Is the Carenado ATR-42 worth it to you?  Do you recommend it?  Nowadays, $45.00 ain't much. I don't need exact number to manufacturer specifications.  The Carenado for me would be more of a looker that gets up in the air quickly and is at least somewhat involved with start-up procedures etc.  For example the B1900 is fine for me in it's level of complexity.  When I want complex I fly the Maddog etc.   

Edited by Phillip Gallagher

6 hours ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Beautiful shot!  Go Irish!

Is the Carenado ATR-42 worth it to you?  Do you recommend it?  Nowadays, $45.00 ain't much. I don't need exact number to manufacturer specifications.  The Carenado for me would be more of a looker that gets up in the air quickly and is at least somewhat involved with start-up procedures etc.  For example the B1900 is fine for me in it's level of complexity.  When I want complex I fly the Maddog etc.   

It is worth it to me because as you can tell from the shot I wanted an ATR(Sorry VirtualCol I'm not that desperate), yes it's simplistic in it complexity but still fun to fly. it is also another plane that justifies my F1 GTN purchase!.

• Upvote 1

I have them all, too. They can't compete with a MJ Dash in any way for sure but they all have their charme. They are Carenado and you get the (known) quality they deliver. I'm currently doing some test flights with the ATR and it is doing its job by the numbers... As said: looker that gets up in the air quickly and in that way perfectly fine.

Cheers

T.