Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Translucent Gauges

Guest tdragger

I think that's the 2D panel and they won't get lighting effects. VCs will, of course, and they look great! ;)

Guest tdragger

My pleasure. 2D panels will get one new thing, though. It's seen in one of the pics from E3. ;)

You can change the transparency of the entire panel.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>You can change the transparency of the entire panel.Bingo! Ed takes the prize home! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

That's why I like this place--smart people. ;)

I've looked around, but I must be dumb this afternoon, where is this picture?

Alaister Kay

>I've looked around, but I must be dumb this afternoon, where>is this picture?Fourth screenshot down, in the long thread about "Hands On, Part 2". Note the bottom left quadrant of the screen, showing the slider for 2d Panel Transparency... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Regarding user-settable transparency on 2D panel:Release week AVSIM FSX Forum post..."Why can I see through my panel? I couldn't see that before in FS2004!! FSX SUCKS!":) /just sayin'-Greg

> Bingo! Ed takes the prize home! ;)does he win a copy of fsx?

>> Bingo! Ed takes the prize home! ;)>>does he win a copy of fsx?Nope. We'll allow him an extra hour outside the cave sometime next week... ;)

Fr. Bill    

>>You can change the transparency of the entire panel.>>Bingo! Ed takes the prize home! ;)A semi-transparent panel can solve a few problems, since a one screen monitor is very compromised. It add's a dimension of peripheral vision, that a full panel, sometimes stealing over half of the screen, takes away from.IMO, a virtual cockpit with reduced sizing for instruments, MFD's, etc. is not the best display for a glass panel system such as the Avidyne Entegra or Garmin 1000; when you actually require the info on the PFD & MFD.In a real cockpit, the eye can quickly scan & focus over the glare sheild to the outside enviroment, side to side for peripheral vision, and back to important information on the panel in a fraction of a second. With an optional semi-transparent panel, you're still getting a good runway view for approaches, while seeing the instruments at the same time; as well as added peripheral vision from the side which adds to the sensation of yaw, speed, as well as reducing the overall effect of tunnnel vision.L.Adamson