Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

2019 - a great year for flying with P3D?

I may be adding 2+2 and making 100, but 2019 looks shaping up to be a fantastic year for new facilities for the P3D user.

A speculative look at what may be around the corner really excites me. You may have other ideas or think that I am talking nonsense, but here goes....

- P3Dv5 delivers much improved graphic definitions and speeds, new scenery functions, and improved AI functions.

- Orbx deliver openLC Africa, openLC Asia and Australia v2, Global Buildings and improved Global Trees, and some new free airports

- POSCON will release V1. Will this upstage VATSIM and IVAO?

- Navigraph release new ARINC navigation database to support radius-to-fix turns, etc.

- PMDG release the PMDG 737 NG3, ACARS for their whole fleet, and GFO to support links to VAs, pilot clients, QualityWings 787, FSLabs and Aerosoft A320 family

- FS2Crew release UGCX, providing pushback and tugging operations, other ground operations?

- Turbulent provide the high definition ground vehicles to support UGCX.

If only some of these things are delivered, I shall be a very happy simmer. What are your predictions? 

Happy dreams,

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

My hopes for 2019 are.......

• ORBx TrueEarth GB Central and North (with 5m mesh) for P3D v4
  • MK Studios EIDW Dublin (I can't get the Aerosoft version to work properly)
  • Texture and other updates for some UK2000 airports
  • a quality developer finally decides to take on EINN Shannon (massively overdue)
  • a lottery win so that I can purchase a new high performance PC!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,

I was thinking more of predictions than requirements👨‍✈️

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

richard

no predictions, just wishes & only one really ...... airport scenery developers understand (& include the "importance" for many) that daytime low vis lighting and jetway docking are more of a consideration than "see thru" terminal windows and walking zombies in the jetway.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Just one. New airport releases will become absolutely fabulous once the devs discover and learn all of the new SDK/PDK tools and techniques available to them. Umberto mentioned a few of the new tricks his team has up their sleeves. The folks at Flytampa seem to have really enjoyed incorporating them into their latest. If you have KLAS, take a real close look at some of they things they did with the new features on the strip. I just picked those 2 as examples, not knocking any devs not mentioned...

I think what we've seen so far is just the beginning. After years of slow steady progress, I think LM finally took the brakes off.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I predict that I will have less money and less disk space.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Texture and other updates for some UK2000 airports

Amen to that.

Fine sceneries, but really showing their age...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Amen to that.

Fine sceneries, but really showing their age...

Agree, very thankful to Gary but updated textures would be great to see.

PMDG NG3....O yes 🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

More Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck airliners!

Also, the terrific folks at HiFi are working on some excellent things (I won't speak for them, but I'm excited!).

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

39 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

More Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck airliners!

Also, the terrific folks at HiFi are working on some excellent things (I won't speak for them, but I'm excited!).

Best wishes!

Stop teasing us Dave, or spill the beans (just ignore that NDA)

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

FSlabs A321 is likely to be out this year. That is my main excitement!
I am happy not only due to the fact it is my favourite short/medium-haul airliner, but also because it is said to bring new cool features.
The truth is, though, their current A319/320 are so much packed with the coolest features ever that I cannot even imagine what more A321 could bring in! 😀

Flightbeam/Jetstream Designs Toulouse LFBO should be out this years which, again, makes me a happy camper.
Except for being a very interesting location, close to the Pyrenees and Spain, it is for Airbus what Seattle is for Boeing.
And... Flightbeam, my all the way favourite scenery developer!

Just Flight 747 classic should also be out this year, featuring the -100, -200 and -200F variants and maybe also -SP.
While I admit not to be a hardcore oldschool aircraft fan, I have personal sentiment for this plane, so yes, I am interested.

LHSimulations Budapest LHBP is going to see version 2, probably this year also.
I am still using verion 1 (works fine in P3Dv4) and simply love it, so I can't wait to see what version 2 brings.

I guess Flytampa may revisit their European sceneries: Vienna LOWW, Athens LGAV and Copenhagen EKCH, adding the latest bells and whistles.
These are three of their airports I use in my sim, especially LOWW, and while they are already very nice, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them even better.

Also I am 100% positive Digital Design and Justsim will bring us some new surprise airports this year.
I love their quality (especially Digital Design) and airport choice (both) - it suits my simming needs very well.

FSDT GSX is seeing a big update soon. While it seems to me to be mainly visuals oriented (hence I might not be as excited as some fellow simmers are), I hope it only foretells some more changes later.
I would love to see improvements in the vehicles logic. I am sure Umberto is aware of the problems vehicles face (driving crazy, colliding into objects and each other, appearing out of the blue or vanishing, etc.).
And while I know it is also the result of external AFCADs and maybe some sim engine limitations, I believe in Umberto's skills of making impossible possible, and hope to see a great improvement here.
As far as I remember, two important changes have already been promised for a later date: improved pushback and GSX L2 pax walking directly from/into nearby terminals without unnecessary busses. Cool!

So, yes, 2019 seems to be a very exciting flightsim year! 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't have many predictions, more some wishes and what I'm interested in.

I'm personally looking forward the revisited FlyTampa Copenhagen. Right now, it's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster of additional things you can install, patches, third party additions for dynamic lights and now it doesn't even adhere properly to P3D's 'receive shadow' setting. Plus, it would be nice to get it under their new installer.

Also can't wait to see PMDG's new 737, if that's even slated for 2019?

What developers can do with the new dynamically refreshed shaders is also a very interesting prospect.

As for P3D itself, I'm really curious what the big ticket item is for V5. It seems like the platform has evolved a lot lately and outside of the unrealistic "Completely new engine, new everything!" demands, I'm having a hard time imagining what they could add, that would get simmers really excited, though I'm sure there's a lot of suggestions. Perhaps limited DirectX 12 / Vulkan re-writes is in its future?

Hopefully the next big focus is on improving rendering autogen, as that seems to be the perpetual headache for the platform, how it looks and the resource requirement. Especially when we've seen the future in how densely populated developers can make it via large amounts of OSM data.

That would also enable better night lighting, which would be a big win for P3D.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

57 minutes ago, Rafal said:

LHSimulations Budapest LHBP is going to see version 2, probably this year also.
I am still using verion 1 (works fine in P3Dv4) and simply love it, so I can't wait to see what version 2 brings.....

Also I am 100% positive Digital Design and Justsim will bring us some new surprise airports this year.
I love their quality (especially Digital Design) and airport choice (both) - it suits my simming needs very well.

FSDT GSX is seeing a big update soon. 

So, yes, 2019 seems to be a very exciting flightsim year! 👍

Rafal, just in case you weren't aware...... There's an excellent GSX L2 configuration for the LH Sim LHBP scenery here... https://www.inibuilds.com/gsx-hungary 

I'm using this now, it's easy to install and works perfectly, and it really improves what is already a very nice scenery.

I'm really looking forward to the new offerings from DD/JustSim, so thanks for the heads up...😎

The GSX update will be worth it to me just for the ability to quickly and easily import and apply custom graphics to the jetways and vehicles, this is a huge plus for my purposes, and the other new features are just the icing on the cake.

I agree... 2019 looks to be a very promising and exciting year for us...😀

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

There's an excellent GSX L2 configuration for the LH Sim LHBP scenery here... https://www.inibuilds.com/gsx-hungary

Yes, I'm aware and happily using it. Thanks for the heads-up anyway. I'm sure some folks will find out about it thanks to your post.
As for the GSX updates - great stuff becoming even greater is always a great thing! 🙂