Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

2019 - a great year for flying with P3D?

2 hours ago, LH340fan said:

TBH i think imo it looks word not allowed old, and seeing bgl jetways that can see-trough sometimes like at KSEA makes me feel bored. I hope it will get reworked in the next months

The BGL jetways are an easy fix with GSX L2, you can quickly and easily change them all to SODE jetways, and i've done that for my own use, and the results, while not perfect, are quite satisfactory....

6BcfIIE.jpg

Two things that would make me a happy camper in 2019:

PMDG JS41 finally gets into V4.

Thats not going to happen so I have to look forward to the Carenado EMB-120....which hopefully won't be terrible (it doesn't have the terrible collins pro line or g1000's so I actually have high hopes for this)

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I predict Prepar3d to go on loosing market share and my only hope is it will remain a contender for X-Plane into 2020.

I myself see Prepar3D going from strength to strength so don't worry about a P3D vs X-Plane situation! The platform is not being developed as a hobby flight simulator, its actually a complex vehicle and environmental simulation for one of the worlds leading defence companies. So many new functions are being added, and I can imagine there is a lot going on behind the scene.

The main purpose of P3D would appear to be for battle simulations etc. We all had a chuckle when 4.5 added a donkey and cart (I think as AI?), of course the donkey is not likely to be used in our use of P3D - however such an object would be valuable in training pilots of aircraft (or drones) to avoid collateral damage during missions.

We are in a really unique situation to be able to ride the back of this investment in simulation by one of the largest aerospace companies in the world and apply it for our personal educational use. I think Prepar3D has a massive future!

Edited by mfahey
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Is there any particular reason you don't like the FSDT KDFW..??

Just curious.

while it does work … its from 2013 so would like to see it get a refresh with the p3dv4 sdk and pbr

Pmdg Ng3 and or the New Feelthere/Aeroplane Heaven Embraer E-jets🍺

Simon

5 hours ago, mfahey said:

I myself see Prepar3D going from strength to strength so don't worry about a P3D vs X-Plane situation! The platform is not being developed as a hobby flight simulator, its actually a complex vehicle and environmental simulation for one of the worlds leading defence companies. So many new functions are being added, and I can imagine there is a lot going on behind the scene.

I believe we are all hobbyists here and not the typical Lockheed costumer, which have much different needs. Does SimDirector and similar features excite you?

For that reason, I totally agree that P3D will continue to loose market share. The biggest reason for that is that it is not on Steam.

Hopefully the remaining old-timers and more hardcore ESP community will be enough to keep the 3rd. Party ecosystem going. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

6 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

Two things that would make me a happy camper in 2019:

PMDG JS41 finally gets into V4.

Thats not going to happen so I have to look forward to the Carenado EMB-120....which hopefully won't be terrible (it doesn't have the terrible collins pro line or g1000's so I actually have high hopes for this)

Yes the EMB-120 would be great with SLC/PDX hubs and all recent ORBX small regional airports released around

15 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Pmdg Ng3 and or the New Feelthere/Aeroplane Heaven Embraer E-jets🍺

++1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]