Sign in to follow this  
knightracing

Com switching Xplane 11.3... Changed? Not working?

HI Dave. Been a while. Just wondering, since the XPlane11.3 run ( currently on 11.33 ) the comm switching seems to be...... kinda broken? I'm not really sure what's changed.

I fly the FF767 and P2A used to boot up and follow the radio config I had set up. If I had VHF L Mic Selector selected P2A would display Com1. When I selected VHF R, P2A would switch to Com2. Since 11.3 P2A now boots up on Com2 and seems locked there. The frequencies follow the aircraft but the displayed Com channel doesn't follow the aircraft radio selectors anymore. If I want to have Com1 on P2A I have to go to Config and reverse com channels. If I press the Com1 button on P2A it switches immediately back to Com2.

Any idea what may have changed? The aircraft is still using the datafref "1-sim/mic_sel/1/1/button" which it always has for VHF L Mic Selector & "1-sim/mic_sel/1/3/button" for VHF R. P2A has been working flawlessly with this for the 2 years I've been flying this aircraft until now.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. 

p

Always the way, you spend 3 hours trying to figure something out. Type a post to try and get some help and then find a solution 10 minutes later. Ok, so for all you 767 pilots out there, there may have been a change in Xplane or the 767, who knows but there are now two data refs at work here, not just the one like before.

1-sim/mic_sel/1/1/button controls what you are listening to and now..

1-sim/mic_sel/1/1/button_volume controls what comm channel P2A is displaying. Set to 0 you get com1 and set to 1 you get com2.

These may have been linked earlier but are now separate. Problem solved, sorry Dave for getting you involved..... although I suppose you never really were 😉 

Thanks mate,

p

I just read both posts.  Glad you were able to figure out the answer.  There are several aircraft  that don't implement the comms system the "normal" way and require work-arounds.

Thanks for posting the update.  It will help others.

Dave