Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

P3dV4.5 FPS issue

Just wondering if there's any further news on this....I've been watching and sen nothing for awhile. I have a new machine and waiting to download and install once there's a fix. Thanks.

Dave

Still waiting for the hotfix. Has to go through the usual testing cycle(s), as there's also a few other items being added. So it's hard to say when we'll see it. Hopefully within the next week or two?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I am using 4.5 and like a number of people I am not seeing any issues, but I may just be lucky looking at some of the posts.

• Like 1

Just now, Kwarazi said:

I am using 4.5 and like a number of people I am not seeing any issues, but I may just be lucky looking at some of the posts.

or because you're flying with different addons, different settings, different regions, have more overhead to negate the problem, could be a million reasons.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Be interesting to know which add-ons, if any, that are causing the problem some people are seeing. There's got to be something concrete if LM are putting together a hotfix. My new machine has a 9900k and 2080 so I'm probably good for power to deal with any slowdown.

Dave

my sim is unuabsle with 4.5

im so glad they gave their beta to other companies to test with.  oh wait a sec.

14ppkc-6.png

Have the same issue here. 30-40% FPS loss in high autogen areas.

Even at default  there are issues , but anything Orbx just makes it worse.

I have a high end system and for example KSEA even with the FSL A320 with fairly high settings I would hold 30-40 FPS steady with PNW , DD KSEA and that includes dynamic lighting active. And with 50% AI traffic UT live.

With 4.5 my system has now been transformed into a 2011 era 2500k with FPS in the 20s and quite stuttery.

However ,when flying away from high autogen and scenery areas, FPS go up to normal again. Looks like something with custom scenery or autogen objects .

Updates to software should NEVER degrade performance. Either staying the same or a slight decrease ( as long as settings are kept the same )

Lets hope the upcoming hotfix fixes this and lets hope that FPS in general stay the same as 4.4 or even a bit better. Good that LM has a fix on the way as it has been proven that even the stock sim's performance has decreased. 

If not , will stick with 4.4 permanently since it runs flawlessly on my system. at least all of the addons including the Airbus is 4.4 compatible and I have all the installers saved . 

Edited by planechaser

Does anyone else think they were really quick with the hotfix plan and getting on it because this 4.5 release will need to go through the end of the year and possibly into 2020 as it will be the last update before v5?

4 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Does anyone else think they were really quick with the hotfix plan and getting on it because this 4.5 release will need to go through the end of the year and possibly into 2020 as it will be the last update before v5?

no i just think after the fslabs keylogger debackle they threw aload of people of the beta team and now its bitting them in the bum

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

4.4 worked well for me on my previous machine. I think I'll give it another week or so and if no sign of a hotfix for 4.5 I will simply use 4.4 till V5 makes it arrival.

Dave

In the last couple of days a LM spokesman in the P3d forums has commented on a number of things that are being fixed in the upcoming hotfix. I was just viewing their forum. It sounds like this hotfix will be worth waiting for.

Dave

He's hardly going to say,

yup 4.5 was a nightmare, we didn't test it properly and now we are in a mess. So heres a patch with the stuff we didn't test properly. 

It's a common thing nowadays to bash something out quick and as I said before the more we accept it the more it will become to norm

14ppkc-6.png

We appreciate those of you who have braved the waters for the less intrepid among us (me). I'll stick with 4.4 for now. I can't afford to lose any more fps.

3 hours ago, Kwarazi said:

Same here. No problems at all.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Three addons definitely suffering a fps drop are ORBX GEN/GES and ORBX TE GB. While others (like ORBX NCA) only suffer a quite mild drop from 4.4 to 4.5.

That's on my system and my settings. Others may react differently.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11