Sign in to follow this  
ols500

30fps but still blurry panning (video)

26 minutes ago, ols500 said:

So is there anything I could do to improve the strobe effect?

Aside from building a computer than can sustain a higher frame rate, I guess you just have to pan more slowly. There are programs that will change the views for you, such as EZCA and Chase Plane, so these would give more consistent results. TrackIR has a smoothing algorithm you can tweak. More simply, I think you can adjust the pan rate when using the hat switch to change the view, so you could try turning it down.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Ok, I do use chaseplane, not sure if you do, but if you do would I do pan more slowly?

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

5 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

That’s odd cause I can clearly see what the OP is describing.. Having said that I think you explained it well on what is actually happening.

Thanks, glad someone can see it and its not just me 😄 You have a similar system, but do you run 60hz?

35 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Ok, I do use chaseplane, not sure if you do, but if you do would I do pan more slowly?

Sorry, I don't. I have EZCA and it has an option for smooth transitions between views. I'm pretty sure you can also control the time it will take to complete the switch.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

4 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

I'm pretty sure you can also control the time it will take to complete the switch.

Yes, you can do that in chaseplane. smooth transitions is on as well. Do you have a 30/60hz monitor?

Heres another video, hopefully its more clear and I have panned more slowly: 

48 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Heres another video, hopefully its more clear and I have panned more slowly: 

Yes, I can see it is indistinct while the view is in motion. The same happens if you drag a window (an Explorer window, for example) around the WIndows desktop - it only stays sharp if you drag it really, really slowly. I don't know what can be done about this. In fact I see the same effect on my iPad Pro, which runs the display at 120Hz.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

3 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

The same happens if you drag a window (an Explorer window, for example)

Yes. How can I increase my FPS? A better CPU or GPU? In a few weeks, I'm getting a professional to delid my i5 8600K and install a Kraken X62 AIO, so I can overclock my CPU to 5 or 5.1Ghz.

8 hours ago, MarkDH said:

It sounds like you are expecting magic. You are panning the view so fast that features of the VC in the middle foreground are moving across the screen by about 45cm in less than a second. Your frame counter shows you are achieving about 22fps, which means that this distance must be traversed in about 17 frames. Hence on average each frame will be drawn about 3cm to the left or right of the previous one. There is no interpolation, so you're going to see a strobe effect, which I assume this is what you are calling 'blurring'. If you were maintaining 60fps your frames would be, on average, 1cm apart and it would look a whole lot smoother. (Incidentally, this is a good counter to the frequent assertion that frame rate is somehow irrelevant.)

That’s a perfect explanation and would think this is exactly what is happening.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Ok yes I agree with that. What can I do to improve it in terms of hardware upgrades?