Sign in to follow this  
Guest cybr

FSX Video

simply amazing.. judging from the animations on the oil rig, expected frame rate can range from 1-7. :) Great job microsoft!lol, no, really though, it really does look good. Looking forward to this one.

Guest Three Greens

Wow - Hope I can land and get extra energy up to power my Liquid powered ray gun that will no doubt be an option that I can attach in the 'Pimp my Jetranger' Option.THATS A GAME - NOT A SIMULATION, as it says. "games for windows"....who cares if towers collapse and explode! It might Look amazing - but looks arent everything (so my wife tells me :( )Scott

Guest Boogie

I noticed the "games for windows", and also read elsewhere of some of the new features. It does seem that Microsoft are hoping to attract 'gamers' to FSX, in addition to us 'simulators'. I've no problem with that, so long as: (1) 'reality' is not diminished and (2) we do not miss out on new/improved 'real-world' features due to the developers spending their resources on the 'gaming' aspects.As for frame rates, I just hope my PC will be able to cope - I can't afford another upgrade yet! ;-) Boogie.

Guest Three Greens

Agreed Boogie - Dont sell our realism (for what it is) to get gamers, I have enough games I play now without FS becoming one of them.Scott

Agreed, but the game "tag" may help attract a larger customer base, and therefore more investment in future R&D, which hopefully is a good thing. Certainly, the oil rig mission does look rather gamey, but on blogs and in the gamespot interviews MS certainly claim to have not forgotten us reality-junkies.A significantly improved adventure engine might be quite good. Perhaps in the future VA can send adventures for flight assignments..On a separate note, the shadow of the rig on the water looks superb. Looks like I`ll be buying a pair of Crossfire video cards and a new mobo / cpu ! Roll on 'Holiday 06' - I`m assuming they mean the Buddhist holiday of Vesak or Visakah Puja ("Buddha Day") which is just days away!! LOL CheersJames

Guest Traffic

>simply amazing.. judging from the animations on the oil rig,>expected frame rate can range from 1-7. :) Great job>microsoft!LOL. That's too funny. But seriously, I'm beginning to wonder what kind of hardware we're all going to have to have to run this thing stutter free if it

Guest Boogie

Just a quick post to apologise to the General Forum moderator for posting this thread in the wrong forum, and to Tim for repeating the information - forgot about the FSX Forum! :-roll Boogie.

Thanks for the link - very nice look to the new sim.FS has always been promoted as a Microsoft 'game' - nothing new about that, it's just more hyped for FSX - no matter as long as I can still fly complex birds with realistic AI around.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

If they're willing to go to the extent of an oil rig fire and I can see animated birds in the sim, surely they'll have bird strikes.

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Based on public viewing of the oil rig diaster depicted in this video, crude oil futures have just surged again based on fears of shortages in domestic production. President Bush promises more tax cuts for oil companies in addition to another $10 billion dollar aid package to the petroleum industry.Thanks a lot for posting this, I hope you people are happy now.

I can see bush flyers like me are going to be thrilled - no i wont be rescuing people off of oil rigs ill save that for you all, but did you notice the POTENTIAL?!!thats what has me excited - i can see that 3rd party developers will be programming complex missions that we will be able to buy - let alone great freeware ones as well also to note: was animals and the guy waving on top of the oil rig, oh man i can dream up all sorts of ideas that might be - just maybe we might see people boarding the plane??? - i don't think they will be ther in the vc but maybe walking in and out of the plane? who knows. fun to imagine, i hope my rig is up to it. i don't think ill be flying any iron soon at all. - low and slow the whole way for meciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest Captain Behrentzs

Dono if i will be able to leave my computer when FSX ship :D A lot of things have to be done(*G*) , i.e complete the missions, explore the world, fly the iron and make some bush-flying :-sun1 *:-*One thing is sure: The MS guys does a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkALL NEWS FROM FSX COLLECTED AT ONE PLACE!MY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com http://pic.piczo.com/img/i167876616_71278.gif

Guest cybr

In the video there was a glimps of the Shockwave Jet Truck. I wonder if that truck will be useable in the game. And the oil rig fire could also be something that MS just added only to make the video.