Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

F-35 simulator.. :D

My daughter came back from a recent holiday and gave me this totally random present.

original.jpeg

A modern reproduction of an old tinplate toy

At least it gives our Royal Navy something to play with until our new carriers get the real thing 😄. Even if the toy is more beautiful than the lift-fan-hovering abomination. (other opinions are available).

It was a nice, quirky, aviation-themed surprise. There's enough oomph in the mechanism to get the planes into a 90 degree bank - these early aviators were hardcore!

Oh the irony that on the box there is a warning that this is not a toy and for adult collectors only! Well, before the internet, and even before TV, these WERE toys complete with burred metal edges and no soft rubber nosecones .. and the human race still survived 😉 I was born in '66 so plastic toys were on the increase, but I still had my share of tinplate stuff (not one of these though).:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

8 hours ago, HighBypass said:

At least it gives our Royal Navy something to play with until our new carriers get the real thing 😄.

Now Mark....

That could be seen as a 'political' statement...😀

See the thread above....

Only kidding !

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 1

Well, whoever has the purse strings needs to hurry up and buy something to get our carriers operational, Bill. :laugh:

I've just been looking for another tinplate toy which sticks in my memory from when I was about 3 or 4 years old. OK, it doesn't stick too well because I'm sure it was a friction drive station wagon. The car definitely had Fire Chief livery, but google isn't showing me what I thought I had LOL! :wacko:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)