Sign in to follow this  
michal

FSX update article from E3

Guest sssummer

This is a second article posted at SimHQ about FSX at E3. http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_020a.htmlSome interesting quotes;"I already noticed the improved clouds and haze effects. I was told that the overcast cloud problem in the current version will be addressed. It may not get resolved totally, but improvements should be significant. Same story for the current visibility transition issues. We should get a more gradual change between varying values of prevailing visibility."and"I was told that we should see significant enhancements to the generic non high detail airports which for me is a very big deal."Brian S.

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>This is a second article posted at SimHQ about FSX at E3. >>http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_020a.html>>Some interesting quotes;>>"I already noticed the improved clouds and haze effects. I was>told that the overcast cloud problem in the current version>will be addressed. It may not get resolved totally, but>improvements should be significant. Same story for the current>visibility transition issues. We should get a more gradual>change between varying values of prevailing visibility.">>and>>>"I was told that we should see significant enhancements to the>generic non high detail airports which for me is a very big>deal.">>>Brian S.>>Of course *I* think some of the most relevant quotes are these..."...Microsoft is using this to effectively show how it can really be fun. This is really going to help them pull in first time simmers in my opinion

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Good morning Jason, rather early I'd say :)

>I was>told that the overcast cloud problem in the current version>will be addressed. It may not get resolved totally, but>improvements should be significant. Same story for the current>visibility transition issues. We should get a more gradual>change between varying values of prevailing visibility."That would be a very, very welcome news.Michael J.

Guest JSPuonti

Jason, can you comment on the bit about better visibility handling?In FS9 I might be approaching an airport and see it clearly in the distance, then suddenly get sucked into a thick fog because that airport is currently experiencing fog but the route I'm taking in is reported as "clear". This is because (apart from the clouds) the weather engine only considers the visibility of the area *I* am currently in and applies a uniform visibility in EVERY direction accordingly.Will FSX make it so that if I'm coming from a "clear" area and heading towards a "fogged in" area, I can see for miles and miles behind me and to the sides but ahead of me there's a thick fog cloud low over the ground? In other words, will FSX feature variable visibility instead of the simple model in FS9? (via, for example, ground-level cloud / fog objects that create a fog cloud that can be seen from distance)

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

"Will FSX make it so that if I'm coming from a "clear" area and>heading towards a "fogged in" area, I can see for miles and>miles behind me and to the sides but ahead of me there's a>thick fog cloud low over the ground? In other words, will FSX>feature variable visibility instead of the simple model in>FS9? (via, for example, ground-level cloud / fog objects that>create a fog cloud that can be seen from distance)"No. Not this time.Cheers,Jason

Guest JSPuonti

Alright - thanks for clearing that up Jason!