Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Lorby's flashlight CTD in 4.5

Anyone else? Almost certain it's related to it, I'm unable to complete a flight, always CTD on take off when this thing is on. It's also the only thing I've installed along with 4.5.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

so  what happens  when  you turn it  off  after  you  started  aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Anyone else? Almost certain it's related to it, I'm unable to complete a flight, always CTD on take off when this thing is on. It's also the only thing I've installed along with 4.5.

Hi,

can you please be more specific about what happens (aircraft, scenery, settings, other addons, shader mods, what flashlight, which mode)? So I can reproduce it?

I haven't had any reports about this until yours. I am running 4.5 (complete reinstall, I always do those) on a test computer right this moment, default Robinson with a green Spotlight on the center console flying circles above LIEO - doesn't want to crash on me. Anything special I need to do? When exactly would I expect the crash?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Apologies for not enough detail. 

4.5 (Client and content)
FB's KDEN, 16L or 34R around dusk and tried at night too
NGX, PTA (Gerald's April preset), AS, SF for clouds, Radar Contact, AIGAIM traffic, TIR

Tried all possible scenarios, turning add-on's on and off and the only way I can actually take-off is with Spotlight off. I'm very limited on testing time as I just had a baby boy, so my responses may be delayed heavily. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hello Jacek,

Congratulations for the baby!

Does the crash happen only in that combination? What about default aircraft or the NGX at default airports? And did the same work in 4.4 for you?

What do you mean by "on" and "off" - light on/off (which one?  what mode?) or are you disabling the whole addon?

The thing is, that the flashlight doesn't have a lot of logic to it, and I find it hard to figure out a scenario where it could cause any crash at all. I can imagine something going wrong with shader mods though, since the flashlight is a dynamic light effect. Unfortunately I am not into shader mods, that is just not my cup of tea, so I can't offer any expertise with them. As your write "...April preset" I suppose there are more presets available? Could you just try another one? I have TIR too, but don't have problems - but nevertheless, try the same scenario with the flashlight in a frozen position and/or with TIR turned off (F9).

If it gets too much to write, please consider sending me an email. Address is on the last page of the manual.

I have a support forum here on AVSIM, maybe moderators would like to move this thread there?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, I don't think my issues are related to the Spotlight. I am going to get another thread open in the CTD forum. I was able to take off and take the flight about half way through when it CTD'ed abruptly without the Spotlight. 

Jacek G.

42 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Hi Oliver, I don't think my issues are related to the Spotlight. I am going to get another thread open in the CTD forum. I was able to take off and take the flight about half way through when it CTD'ed abruptly without the Spotlight. 

Hello Jacek,

did you get any information about the cause of the CTD, maybe from Windows event log?

In any case, I can build a version of the Flashlight for you with the 4.5 libraries if you want to try that. Most developers try to maintain a broad spectrum of SimConnect compatibility and compile with lower versions (4.0 will theoretically work for every version 4.0 to 4.5). Maybe something has changed and 4.5 SimConnect isn't really compatible anymore. That would affect all addons that use SimConnect, so most likely for example the NGX. Or it could be a general incompatibility that affects ActiveSky. Or...

I also noticed new CTDs related to AI aircraft (I have already reported them on the P3D forum but no reply yet). Many of my apps make extensive use of the SimConnect Ai object methods, for example LorbyLiveTraffic (obviously). And after discovering one cause for crashes in 4.4 (a certain type of FLAI Airbus A320 would crash the sim in most circumstances), there are new ones in 4.5 that I haven't figured out yet. It would be really nice if the sim would just report issues with AI models or config files instead of just crashing...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver. I posted a new post in the CTD forum to have some more people looking at it. I am seeing the event view errors related to FSUIPC and UTL. I am sorry to quickly jump into conclusions blaming your Spotlight as it was the only thing I've installed along with 4.5

Jacek G.