Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

REX EF and SF3D weather engine

Guys I just bought REX SF and EF as a bundle and I'm a bit confused about the settings of EF in regard to weather engine (please read carefuly).

1. REX Sky Force 3D has a build in Weather engine which (as we know from REX themselves), is based on standard API, thus not beeing that great. Those having 3rd party weather engines should use those instead.

The option can be found under Settings -> Engine -> Enable REX Sky Force Weather Engine and it should be turned off if you use another weather engine.

2. REX Environment Force has under Automated Environment Controls also a setting called Enable real-time weather data read. I thought that this setting is responsible to read the weather that is injected into the sim BUT, the manual that came with EF states on page 43:

"Enable Real-Time Weather Data Read
When this feature is enabled it downloads the most recent real-time weather data from
NOAA to be used to interpret how other elements of automation adjust based upon real
weather conditions. When disabled it will read weather that has been injected into the
simulator to adjust the automation elements."

I conclude that EF itself has a weather engine!???!?!!!??

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1  turn  sf  weather  engine  off   if  your  using  asp4

2   ef  is  no  weather  engine   it  only  reads  which  source   you have  selected  being  noaa  or  asp4 or  what ever  weather  engine  you have

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Gerald,

From your Sig, I see you have ASCA/ENVTEX/ENVSHADE. From what I saw last night all 3 of them are now redundant. Am really not sure how PTA/TS/ENVSHADE fits now as EF seems to take control. I could be wrong but it sure did take over my TS R&D profile. But I still need TS for Reflections.

With ASP4 you need to turn off the first two option on the Auto page in EF. as ASP4 does both of them things. 

I suggest you rename ASCA exe to OFF so ASP4 does not start it but easy to reinstate it if you wish.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Gerald,

From your Sig, I see you have ASCA/ENVTEX/ENVSHADE.

Yes David, I purchased REX5 not even 24h ago and did not yet updated my signature. 

I did restore and disabled ENVTEX/ENVSHADE and I did rename ASCA not to launch. It was just the settings above that intrigued me.

PS: Another setting that is misleading is the Weather smoothing option. In the GUI REX states you should turn that off in case you use ASP4, the manual states it is compatible with all 3rd party Weather apps 😨.

@pete_auau are you also familiar with the the above seting? 

Gerald K. - Germany

18 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Yes David, I purchased REX5 not even 24h ago and did not yet updated my signature. 

I did restore and disabled ENVTEX/ENVSHADE and I did rename ASCA not to launch. It was just the settings above that intrigued me.

PS: Another setting that is misleading is the Weather smoothing option. In the GUI REX states you should turn that off in case you use ASP4, the manual states it is compatible with all 3rd party Weather apps 😨.

@pete_auau are you also familiar with the the above seting? 

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50827-ef-with-hifi-active-sky-weather-engine-yes-or-no/

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Exactly what I needed! Thank you!

Gerald K. - Germany