Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado PA42 Cheyenne IIIA Mod v1.2

This is a small update to the Cheyenne IIIA modification. 

1.  Minor fixes to cockpit sounds.

2.  Autopilot update.

3.  Added propeller drag at very low power settings.

4.  Updated the ADF to facilitate easier frequency changes.

5.  Activated the Carenado Radar in the Carenado GNS530 panel.  This can be easily done for any of the panels in the panel.cfg files. 

It will be on the street shortly as a complete mod update. 

If you are not on the distribution list and would like a copy, please send my a PM here with your email address. 

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I just noticed that the overhead master panel light switch doesn’t seem to function. Also the overhead amp meters don’t seem to work either..

The other thing is in v1.2, I couldn’t use the model folders as it is missing a line in the model.cfg file. Eg normal=PA_42

Cheers Fred

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Bill... as allready discussed in the 1.0 thread but not followed up, I still get the:

This WX is locked: rootpath\simobjects\airplanes\carenado pa42_cheyenne_iiia\pa42a.air

I have the latest WX installed but I'm allready on p3dv4.5 and there is no Rex WX update for that version yet. Mivliz just rolled out updates so it will take a few days I assume.

Otherwise will do a testflight now 😉

Cheers and Thx

Thorsten

6 hours ago, Fearless said:

Hi Bill,

I just noticed that the overhead master panel light switch doesn’t seem to function. Also the overhead amp meters don’t seem to work either..

The other thing is in v1.2, I couldn’t use the model folders as it is missing a line in the model.cfg file. Eg normal=PA_42

Cheers Fred

Fred, Lighting seems to work fine for me. If I use the master switch first to dim or bright I can use the panel light switches after that without problem. amp meter showing load and changing when switching on/off pitot for example. And I don't see a problem with the model folder. Whats your problem there?

Cheers

T.

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Bill... as allready discussed in the 1.0 thread but not followed up, I still get the:

This WX is locked: rootpath\simobjects\airplanes\carenado pa42_cheyenne_iiia\pa42a.air

I have the latest WX installed but I'm allready on p3dv4.5 and there is no Rex WX update for that version yet. Mivliz just rolled out updates so it will take a few days I assume.

Otherwise will do a testflight now 😉

Cheers and Thx

Thorsten

You can select either radar by changing the panel.cfg file.   If you don't have the MILVIZ radar, you can change the panel back to the Carenado unit like this.

1. Open the applicable "panel.cfg" file in notepad.

2. Find the following lines:

-------------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_4

gauge00=MV_WX!WX,  90,35,335,245
//gauge00=WX_Gauge_3D_PA42III!WXGauge,  9,9,492,309
gauge03=TOGGLES!ToggleWxAdvantage,  0,48,513,450

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change to look like this and save the file:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=MV_WX!WX,  90,35,335,245
gauge00=WX_Gauge_3D_PA42III!WXGauge,  9,9,492,309
//gauge03=TOGGLES!ToggleWxAdvantage,  0,48,513,450

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Carenado radar should now show in the VC panel. 

Regards,

Bill

Edited by whamil77
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Torsen said:

Fred, Lighting seems to work fine for me. If I use the master switch first to dim or bright I can use the panel light switches after that without problem. amp meter showing load and changing when switching on/off pitot for example. And I don't see a problem with the model folder. Whats your problem there?

Cheers

T.

Hi Torsen,

Thank you for the response. Indeed the lights work fine if I use the master switch located on the front post between the windshields however the switch located above near the seatbelt and no smoking sign switches does not function as well as the ammeters not functioning. 

I do however run FSX-SE not P3D.

Cheers Fred

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Want to try out these mod's Bill has done but am getting a "whamil77 cannot receive messages" message trying to PM him here.  Are these files publicly available somewhere?

Harold

Harold Henderson

I tried to send a PM request to Bill (Wahmil77) as well...same message as above. It looks like Bill hasn't been on Avsim for several months now (early June).

Would anyone else have a copy of Bill's mod for the Cheyenne III that they could share?

Thanks, Rob

I also just purchased the PA42 during the recent sale. Would appreciate it if someone could send me the files.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I too cannot send Bill any private messages.   Has anyone had success getting this mod?

Jack

If anyone would like Bill's mod for the Cheyenne III/PA42, pm your email address to me and I'll send it to you.

Cheers!

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 1/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, StewartH said:

If anyone would like Bill's mod for the Cheyenne III/PA42, pm your email address to me and I'll send it to you.

Cheers!

Stew

Thanks for the offer, Stew. Do you have any of the other mods?

5 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Thanks for the offer, Stew. Do you have any of the other mods?

I have Bill's latest Cheyenne II mod, v. 2.1, but no others.  I understand there's his mod for the Carenado Turbo Commander, the 690b, which I'd be interested in getting, though.

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 1/26/2020 at 11:07 PM, StewartH said:

I have Bill's latest Cheyenne II mod, v. 2.1, but no others.  I understand there's his mod for the Carenado Turbo Commander, the 690b, which I'd be interested in getting, though.

Stew

Hi stew, Hope you are doing fine

Can you share the Bill mod 1.2 for the PA42 cheyenne III (T tail demon)

Thanks in avance

RB