Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

I use it with Envshade and it looks great, but I have to disable the EF own HDR setting, with that on I burn my eyes.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

I'm very disappointed with the purchase.

After the installation cockpits are greyed out and outside view is very bright and washed out. I followed what the other people were instructed to do on their forum to no success.

Now after I followed what it was supposed to fix the issue and uninstalled the program I'm left with washed colors and a strong possibility of re-installing the whole P3D V 4.5 and all the add ons plus other problems associated with many installations issues.

Strongly suggest for the moment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!   

We are looking into the cockpit issue and hope to have a patch asap.  The washed out may be a bloom issue.  Try reducing your BloomBlurSigma or ExposureKey functions.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I still don't get what's the purpose of this product. To dynamically change the environment wouldn't mean that the dynamics would be kind of duplicated considering that we have already a dynamic weather program like ActiveSky, injecting weather into the simulator every XXX minutes, working together with another app, this one, that "dynamically" changes the textures injected to the simulator?. Wouldn't be enough a dynamic change on the weather alone, calling at each time the corresponding static textures into the sim?.

Cheers, Ed 

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I still don't get what's the purpose of this product. 

Let me try two examples that might help...

1. Water color changes pending on the cloud cover in real life. Land at KSFO on a foggy day and the water will have much less saturation if it’s cloudy. It will look dull and colorless. But if the sun comes out it looks nice and blue. This program changes the water saturation so it reflects and saturates with cloud cover and sunshine looking more natural. It does this dynamically as weather is reported. 

2. Weather slowly forms around you over time as it’s reports. Instead of a thunderstorm popping up out of no where it can slowly form around you as you move along.  Also clouds morph as you move so weather doesn’t simply instant change as it’s injected.

Basically as weather changes the lighting and world change. This helps that along in the simulator. The one thing I think Rex is fighting against with people right now is that most simmers are used to iPhone level saturation, clear horizon blue skies. That’s simply not real but can be fun in sim. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Let me try two examples that might help...

1. Water color changes pending on the cloud cover in real life. Land at KSFO on a foggy day and the water will have much less saturation if it’s cloudy. It will look dull and colorless. But if the sun comes out it looks nice and blue. This program changes the water saturation so it reflects and saturates with cloud cover and sunshine looking more natural. It does this dynamically as weather is reported. 

2. Weather slowly forms around you over time as it’s reports. Instead of a thunderstorm popping up out of no where it can slowly form around you as you move along.  Also clouds morph as you move so weather doesn’t simply instant change as it’s injected.

Basically as weather changes the lighting and world change. This helps that along in the simulator. The one thing I think Rex is fighting against with people right now is that most simmers are used to iPhone level saturation, clear horizon blue skies. That’s simply not real but can be fun in sim. 

Well said.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

So I am a PTA user and what I did was restore my default shaders before opening EF.  I chose Auto mode as I don't really want to mess with things in flight. EF does not give a VC lighting option so I went back to PTA and enabled a new profile with ONLY the VC lighting option enabled as I prefer a darker VC for more contrast and looks much more realistic.  I then got the greyed out flightdeck like others are getting so it appears PTA is also not compatible at the moment.  I restored my original shaders again and this fixed the issue but I will need to be able to use the VC lighting tweaker as the VC's are way too bright for me.  It could be an idea down the road to maybe add that shader option to the program.  Otherwise, hope to see a fix for the 'grey' as the program does look interesting.

Edited by Flic1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

it appears PTA is also not compatible at the moment

I thought so....I like PTA but have a trouble properly adjusting, no matter what always dark. So, in PTA you restored original shaders? And after only you had VC lighting checked, nothing else? But if not compatible you still let that enabled?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Before jumping into conclusions it's wise to experiment for some hours/days after a release. A first impression can be bad due to a number of reasons, including wrong settings. In my case I installed EF in a default P3D shader configuration. What I noticed instantly was that the bloom was too high and colors too bright and washed out. However, instead of running here and screaming "don't buy this product !!!!!" I thought this can't be what it is supposed to do. Spending some time playing with the settings, I realized that EF has its own HDR. Reading the manual, the HDR option is clear in the settings description: "Turn OFF HDR: This section must remain on when HDR is turned on in the simulator.". 

So guys, even if you use the "Auto" option doesn't mean you shouldn't read the manual. You can have either P3D's HDR or EF's HDR, but not both, or you'll get a mess. Using one of the two will result in normal bloom and brightness. 

Good information.  I’m still seeing stars

Matt Wilson

3 hours ago, killthespam said:

I'm very disappointed with the purchase.

After the installation cockpits are greyed out and outside view is very bright and washed out. I followed what the other people were instructed to do on their forum to no success.

Now after I followed what it was supposed to fix the issue and uninstalled the program I'm left with washed colors and a strong possibility of re-installing the whole P3D V 4.5 and all the add ons plus other problems associated with many installations issues.

Strongly suggest for the moment STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!   

Update on my situation.

As I mentioned I did un-install the software, later today I re-installed the software and had the same issues. I decided just to install again, this time I was presented with a few options and one of them was to "repair". After I restarted my PC and launched again everything worked

as advertised without any hiccups.   

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I thought so....I like PTA but have a trouble properly adjusting, no matter what always dark. So, in PTA you restored original shaders? And after only you had VC lighting checked, nothing else? But if not compatible you still let that enabled?

I started a new PTA profile with only the VC lighting enabled and figured I would let EF take care of the rest and see how I liked it. Just having only the VC lighting option enabled caused the grey-out in the sim. So now I am back to my normal PTA shaders and will hold on EF until there is a fix for that.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

After a couple one hour GA flights I am pretty impressed.  You still definitely need PTA or Envshade to make the sim look realistic.  I use Envshade and EF set to auto.  No settings to worry about and they work well together adapting to the environment without tweaking it at all.  I think most were expecting more in terms of exciting visuals myself included.  At first I was disappointed flying at my home airport with dark, gloomy, and overcast weather.  Just seemed very dull and lifeless.  I then looked outside my window and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  It was an almost perfect representation of what was being rendered in the sim.  The lighting, cloud color, visibility, and atmosphere in general was very well represented. I think it is well worth the price.  

Edited by mpw8679
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Matt Wilson

4 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Before jumping into conclusions it's wise to experiment for some hours/days after a release. A first impression can be bad due to a number of reasons, including wrong settings. In my case I installed EF in a default P3D shader configuration. What I noticed instantly was that the bloom was too high and colors too bright and washed out. However, instead of running here and screaming "don't buy this product !!!!!" I thought this can't be what it is supposed to do. Spending some time playing with the settings, I realized that EF has its own HDR. Reading the manual, the HDR option is clear in the settings description: "Turn OFF HDR: This section must remain on when HDR is turned on in the simulator.". 

So guys, even if you use the "Auto" option doesn't mean you shouldn't read the manual. You can have either P3D's HDR or EF's HDR, but not both, or you'll get a mess. Using one of the two will result in normal bloom and brightness. 

We seem to have quite a different understanding on their wording.

The way I understand this is: if you have HDR on in the simulator, you must keep the HDR on in EF as well, and not the other way around.

What do you guys use? P3D HDR or EF HDR? Cause I tried turning off P3D HDR and everything looked dull.

• Upvote 1

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

I just hope the patch is release tomorrow or later today . 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I can confirm, if you turn off P3D's HDR, HDR will be completely disabled.

Try turning off P3D HDR, and adjusting HDR settings in their mini UI, there would be no effects whatsoever.

I changed my P3D settings to low [0.5 / 0.0 / 0.5] and handle the tweaking on EF's mini UI. I finally got rid of the excessive bloom.

Edited by jmrtlara

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png