Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Am I right with the following assumption?

For a complete visual environment improvement with weather implementation we need currently: Environment Force + Sky Force 3D + Active Sky for P3D (or any other weather engine) -

Active Sky Cloud Art + TOGA EnvTex are not "needed" anymore?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Anyone ( Tim, Reed ) knows if using Automation on 2 different pc’s will lead to the same look ( same Dynamic settings ) ?

And do I have to buy 2x EF or can I install it on both pc’s in the network ?

For my WidevieW setup I have to use FSGRW instead of another weather engine as that is currently the only that is able to sync clouds over the network.

Thanks,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

42 minutes ago, Nemo said:

For a complete visual environment improvement with weather implementation we need currently: Environment Force + Sky Force 3D + Active Sky for P3D (or any other weather engine) -

That's a question I'm interestedt too. The next question is: Will you get better results when using SkyForce over ASCA or ENVTEX?

And what about the combination of ActiveSky + ASCA? Do we no longer need this package for dynamical weather or cloud changes?

Patric

Edited by pscharff

3 hours ago, glider1 said:

Do the live shaders work in VR?

Thanks in advance

For me they do.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

If I fly in real time with real weather and have no desire for tweaking shaders and I already use Active Sky, Sky Force and Envshade, what exactly will I get with EF? What exactly will be different, how will I see EF in action? Seriously, I asked this question quite a few times and sadly I still didn't get a straight answer. I will buy it but I kinda have to know what it does, right?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

If I fly in real time with real weather and have no desire for tweaking shaders and I already use Active Sky, Sky Force and Envshade, what exactly will I get with EF? What exactly will be different, how will I see EF in action? Seriously, I asked this question quite a few times and sadly I still didn't get a straight answer. I will buy it but I kinda have to know what it does, right?

That's easy:

Before Environment Force: you had to install your clouds, sky textures, ... before, Active sky and other are using only the installed ones (even Sky Force). Remember: You have to install an texture set before you start P3D (maybe you installed it only once)

With Environment Force: things will be installed when P3D is running (like Sky, Clouds), If you start in when it's raining it's darker (sky, clouds, ...) and maybe when you'll land it's more sunny (everything is looking differen - brighter), that wasn't possible before. The textures will be installed when P3D is running. And much more.

Really nice, I'm testing. It will not work (nothing will work) from beginning 100%, you have to learn how to use everything together (and the developers have to get the user experience to become the product better)

Regards

Urmel

Edited by Urmel81
  • Like 1

Environment Force looks quite nice at the moment, I'm on a flight from SCEL to the new SEQM Quito.

The only thing I've to learn is how to use Tomatoshade togeter with EV and the HDR Feature.

HDR on in P3D and on in EV, everything is too bright for me. I made some test's and decided to turn it off in EV (but the manual says it need's to be on when P3D HDR is on?), and now it's looking better, not so bright. Not sure if this is supposed to be in this way. And I think I have to much haze, not sure about the settings for this.

Be patient guys, we need to learn how to use it and the REX Guys need to learn from the users about the experiences. And don't say after 24hours: Don't buy!!! - be patient.

Regards

Urmel

Edited by Urmel81
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:
15 minutes ago, Urmel81 said:

With Environment Force: things will be installed when P3D is running (like Sky, Clouds), If you start in when it's raining it's darker (sky, clouds, ...) and maybe when you'll land it's more sunny (everything is looking differen - brighter), that wasn't possible before. The textures will be installed when P3D is running. And much more.

Ok... WOW! So EF will be injecting sky, clouds, water,... textures literally on the fly from Sky Force even if I'm using AS for weather depiction? So, it's like ASCA but much more? Ok, I'm sold!

Edited by 0Artur0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

May I repeat my question/assumption? Would be nice if any EF user could answer it. Thanks

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

Ok... WOW! So EF will be injecting sky, clouds, water,... textures literally on the fly from Sky Force even if I'm using AS for weather depiction? So, it's like ASCA but much more? Ok, I'm sold!

That's what I understand. Maybe you read the REX homepage, you'll get better information.

But for me: I like it., but I need to learn how to use it with everything together.

3 minutes ago, Nemo said:

May I repeat my question/assumption? Would be nice if any EF user could answer it. Thanks

I don't think you should use Cloud Art together with Skyforce, It's the same. (ok, Skyforce is also an weahter engine - but I disabled it - AS is better)

It will becoming for me: Active Sky + EV + Sky Force + Envtex + Tomatoshade

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Yes you are right; it's now my combination of choice. It offers a complete visual environment improvement. (Unless one would prefer ASCA textures, then their full dynamic theme would offer the same dynamic changing of weather by injecting textures and cloud structures based upon weather data. But then you would still need to manually edit your shaders, with Envshade or any other shader tool, and these would then be static).

SF/EF is an alternative for ASCA's full dynamics theme with the added bonus of dynamic shaders. Because I like the REX SF textures and structures better then the ones in ASCA EF is the ideal tool for me now.

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

14 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

EF injects cloud and sky textures based upon AS weather data. It does not inject water textures, but it manipulates the look of the already installed water textures (default or third party) with shader technology that is injected dynamically based on AS weather data.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS