Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, kurtb said:

you don't need skyforce, it will work fine with your adons

You mean ASCA and Envtex as well?

20 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

Hi there,

I'm a Active Sky+ASCA+Envtex user. If I buy REX Environment Force, I also need to buy REX Skyforce? And I have to get rid of ASCA+Envtex, or can Skyforce be replaced by any combination of my current software + Rex Environment Force?

(Sorry, I always feel REX products are very confusing regarding their proposition and overlaps with other addons)

I've just tested SkyForce+EF. OK, EF seems to be an overall improvement in P3Dv4, but I don't understand what all the people like about the REX clouds. 

I've switched from REX SkyForce to ENVTEX+ASCA textures a few months ago, and I think I will deinstall SkyForce again. In my opinion the 3D-clouds are far too big. It seems like REX clouds are made to be dramatically and not to be realistically. The "Blue" of the sky looks more natural too, when using ENVTEX sky textures. So I will take a look at the combo AS+ENVTEX+ASCA+EF.

Patric

Edited by pscharff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

Yes. That will work as well

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, jmrtlara said:

I had this problem also.

I just lowered all the relevant HDR settings in the in-sim GUI.

BloomThreshold 2.70
BloomdMagnitude 0.770
BloomBlurSigma 0.725
TimeDelta (unchanged)
AdaptionScalar (unchanged)
SaturationScalar 1.060
ExposureKey 0.275

Thanks! What are you settings in the HDR lighting in P3D? Also which Preset are you using? I am using RD Preset on PTA. I agree with you that everything is too bright until we find a balance we like!

Giorgio La Pira

45 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

(Sorry, I always feel REX products are very confusing regarding their proposition and overlaps with other addons)

Indeed. This topic shows there is a quite a bit of confusion about what REX EF actually offers. Take this for instance:

35 minutes ago, kurtb said:

you don't need skyforce, it will work fine with your adons

31 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

27 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Yes. That will work as well

Not exactly! The shader options will 'work' with ASCA and ENVTEX (just like PTA will work with ASCA and ENVTEX) but NOT the dynamic loading of textures. From the REX EF site:

"Load cloud and sky textures live on the fly or allow full automation dynamics. Requires Sky Force or Texture Direct."

So the answer should actually be 'No, REX EF won't WORK with ASCA and ENVTEX', at least not as ASCA and ENVTEX work dynamically with AS. Saying that REX EF 'works' with ASCA and ENVTEX is the same as saying REX EF 'works' with PMDG aircraft or Orbx scenery.

Funny thing is that most people won't even notice differences when cloud texture actually are being loaded on the fly... 😉 It sometimes reminds me of the emperor's new clothes tale...

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, radial360 said:

Thanks! What are you settings in the HDR lighting in P3D? Also which Preset are you using? I am using RD Preset on PTA. I agree with you that everything is too bright until we find a balance we like!

I disabled HDR in the EF UI, looks nice

Edited by Urmel81

Same here, REX HDR off at the moment while testing EF out on a flight from PANC to KLAS with PMDG 747. Thankfully no probs so far with the aircrafts PBR textures...I have no other 3rd party shaders installed. Currently the environmental conditions as I pass over Portland look real nice.

I tried REX EF HDR on, even with ExposureKey set to 0.275, it's is still too bright for my liking, both in the cockpit and outiside during the my night departure out of PANC, but like I said, more testing necessary imo.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

27 minutes ago, radial360 said:

My P3D HDR are settings are 

0.5 (brightness)
0.0 (bloom)
0.5 (saturation)

PSA: After clicking 'Save Variable' in the in-sim GUI of EF, you have to click 'Load Variable' each time you start a new flight. I just noticed that it somehow defaults back to its factory settings, so you will notice each time you load a flight, everything is out of whack. Until you load variable, which contains any prior parameter changes you saved in your last session.

I don't use PTA or any other shaders or any of the EF presets. I am just using auto-mode and tinkered with the in-sim GUI to achieve best results. Also, if you are using NVIDIA video card, you can do this:

1. Open NVIDIA menu
2. Under displays tab -> change resolution
3. Scroll down to item 3
4. Change from 'use default color settings' to 'use nvidia color settings' 
5. Change output dynamic range from limited to -> full

This helped heaps 😄 

Edited by jmrtlara

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

28 minutes ago, J van E said:

Indeed. This topic shows there is a quite a bit of confusion about what REX EF actually offers. Take this for instance:

Not exactly! The shader options will 'work' with ASCA and ENVTEX (just like PTA will work with ASCA and ENVTEX) but NOT the dynamic loading of textures. From the REX EF site:

"Load cloud and sky textures live on the fly or allow full automation dynamics. Requires Sky Force or Texture Direct."

So the answer should actually be 'No, REX EF won't WORK with ASCA and ENVTEX', at least not as ASCA and ENVTEX work dynamically with AS. Saying that REX EF 'works' with ASCA and ENVTEX is the same as saying REX EF 'works' with PMDG aircraft or Orbx scenery.

Funny thing is that most people won't even notice differences when cloud texture actually are being loaded on the fly... 😉 It sometimes reminds me of the emperor's new clothes tale...

Thanks for specify the answer. You are right of course. I depends on how the questions was defined. No dynamics with asca and envtex. But also no conflicts between them. EF does dynamic light changing etc....EF does not inject dynamic the clouds. Even NOT with skyforce. Skyforce has a function to inject dynamcly. I assumed that that difference was clear, probably a false thought from my side. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

EF does not inject dynamic the clouds. Even NOT with skyforce. Skyforce has a function to inject dynamcly.

Sorry to correct you once more 😉 but EF does actually inject cloud TEXTURES (and sky textures) dynamically. See the quote in my previous post. This is a NEW option that EF brings. But only in combination with SkyForce! The dynamic injection option SkyForce already had, and which you refer too, only has to do with cloud MODELS. Something different entirely. 

Edited by Guest

No problem. I thought they blend them in or out. But after reading this in the manual...you seem to be right. That one goes to you Jeroen! 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

After reading this thread, thank heavens I comply with the "KISS" pincipal with my simulator...I'm too old for this type of thing...straight forward P3D v4, ACSA, ASP3D....and that's it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Did they ever release the before and after video? I saw the brief time lapse video, which isn't showing me anything of significance unless I'm completely missing the point of this software.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |