Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, jmrtlara said:

I had this problem also.

I just lowered all the relevant HDR settings in the in-sim GUI.

BloomThreshold 2.70
BloomdMagnitude 0.770
BloomBlurSigma 0.725
TimeDelta (unchanged)
AdaptionScalar (unchanged)
SaturationScalar 1.060
ExposureKey 0.275

Along with the above settings, what are your P3D settings for Brightness, Bloom, Saturation? Were these the same P3D settings as prior to EF? If I may, what were they prior?

just trying to get an understanding of your changes, for when I start the EF adventure this weekend.

Mike

I just tried the combo AS+ASCA+EF. For the moment I can not use ENVTEX because there is a problem with starting ENVDIR. Btw. I'm always in "HDR off" mode in P3Dv4.

The first test looks really promising. The clouds are not as big as SkyForce clouds - so I'm satisfied at the moment. If ENVTEX texture can be used again, the results will be more better.

The cloud sync and sky sync is managed by AS+ASCA again, and the "lightning sync" is managed by EF.

More tests are needed...

Patric

Edited by pscharff

2 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

After reading this thread, thank heavens I comply with the "KISS" pincipal with my simulator...I'm too old for this type of thing...straight forward P3D v4, ACSA, ASP3D....and that's it!

I am inclined to agree. I have not yet updated from 4.4 to P3D v4.5 let alone purchase REX Environment Force. However I do intend to make the purchase once the dust settles a bit and I have a better understanding of what’s going on. Currently I enjoy using ASP3D + REXSF + TS with the R&D Preset (I wish they would clarify whether their latest v1.7 Preset is fully compatible with P3D v4.5 rather than simply making that assumption because so many of you seem to be using it already).

My understanding is that the aforementioned R&D v1.7 Preset relies on their recommended selection of Sky Textures from REX SkyForce along with their recommended HDR settings in P3D. Certainly the results are stunning and better than anything I’ve seen to date with other Presets.

If REX Environment Force is introduced into the equation then I’m assuming that you should revert to the default P3D shaders and allow REXSF to manipulate shader settings on the fly from a known developer base rather than risk confusing the issue by starting with a shader Preset that has manipulated the shader settings already only to have further adjustments made dynamically on top of these changes. This could lead to weird results. Alternatively, it may be that the application of a previous shader Preset does not matter as REX Environment Force will back up those affected shaders before applying its own Preset values. This would be the simple solution and allows you to restore your previous shaders should you wish to do so.

This, of course, is all speculation on my part. 

If REX Environment Force is capable of injecting cloud and sky textures on the fly automatically then we would not need these same textures from other Addons. It may be that all we would need are the cloud structures as supplied by REX SkyForce and so it would need to be running concurrently.

Does any of this make sense? As I stated, I have still to purchase REX Environment Force so have not read the accompanying user manual. The current levels of confusion beg the question as to why some effort has not been made to provide us with a clear understanding of how these products interact in a way that provides us with an optimised end result. Perhaps the user manual does satisfy this requirement and these problems are arising simply because nobody is feeling inclined to read it! 

Mike

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Does any of this make sense? As I stated, I have still to purchase REX Environment Force so have not read the accompanying user manual. The current levels of confusion begs the question as to why some effort has not been made to provide us with a clear understanding of how these products interact in a way that provides us with an optimised end result. Perhaps the user manual does satisfy this requirement and these problems are arising simply because nobody is feeling inclined to read it! 

Hey Mike - I have bought EF and am a PTA user.  I have spent a lot of time tweaking my preset within PTA to what I finally think is nearly "perfect" in my eyes.  The problem I am seeing now with EF is we have shaders on top of shaders on top of shaders.  I restored my original P3D shaders before opening and messing with EF as I did not want to make a mess of things.  I am also confused because I am unsure what EF is using as the "base" for example in Automatic mode.  I am unsure if their tweaks are overriding my presets or is it based on default settings? I had decided to make a new PTA profile only consisting of a couple key settings that EF was not going to effect such as VC lighting and the HDR luminance effect.  Applying that and then running EF casued me issues similar to what others have with the greyed out VC.  Now I am unable to restore my original PTA preset as it seems like EF has overridden everything (even with it off!) and I cannot get back to my old settings.  Their support is great and I know they will figure it out but to your point....this entire thing is getting confusing and I tend to have a good grasp on this stuff😄

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I think that now the answer is pretty much simple - if you're deep into PTA/TS for a long time, EF is something you have to give a pass for at least now. It's good software for those folks who aren't involved into PTA/TS tweaking.

• Like 1

And still no screenshots, before and after...

I tried to find the user manual and was unable to find it...

• Like 1

Patrice Dubois

10 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

I think if you watch their stream of it in action, that’ll do more than any screenshots could. I’ve found screenshots to not do any justice for the experience of the environment. 

And for those who don’t like the size of SF3D clouds, aren’t you able to change them with EF now? Haven’t done more than 20 minutes of farting around with it but I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen so far. I’m coming from just Texture Direct + ActiveSky to now Texture Direct + SF3D + EF + ActiveSky. No shader programs.

Edited by pvupilot

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

7 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Screenshot for dynamic weather/environment won't tell the story.

• Like 3

The EF manual has been available on the REX web site since last week before release to down load, I downloaded it over the weekend.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have exited out of the In-Sim UI tweaker interface.....  --  How do I get it back.... ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I have no in sim mini ui. I start EF before P3D, but still no menu. Anyone has resolved this?

Maybe the wrong thread for this but could REX post a how-to video for those of interested in this product.  Not so much on what it does (or how it makes it look) but how to merge/use it with other tools (I use Active Sky, ASCA, REX, REX airports, PTA with a preset I found online, and ENVTEX) as an example.

I'm interested in the product because I'm not a tweaker and have been looking for something that can take/use all those other products (except WX engine since I know EF is not a WX engine) and make the sim look really nice.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I was really looking forward to getting hold of this but I use PTA and i just don't have hours of free time to muck about getting it all to work.

I find it frustratingly odd that these issues were not picked up in Beta testing!

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

1 minute ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I was really looking forward to getting hold of this but I use PTA and i just don't have hours of free time to muck about getting it all to work.

I find it frustratingly odd that these issues were not picked up in Beta testing!

There are no big issues for an product like this. It's working. Don't hear to everybody who is complaining, listen also to guys who are saying: it's nice, but ...

I use Tomatoshade, I use Active Sky, I use Sky Force and also I use the new Environment Force! And yes, I'm happy. There are some things, but this is normal. REX and the Beta Testers have done a great job.

The only thing I've adjusted in the automatic mode: I turned of HDR in EV Mini UI, and now it is looking great, not to bright!

They can't find everyting: everybody is using a different adjusted PTA/Tomatoshade Preset and different graphics setting.

And the rest will come!

Regards Urmel

• Like 1