Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I got a 24-hour ban for using "X's" Sorry to anyone who that might have offended.

LOL....don't worry I was banned longer than that...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I got a 24-hour ban for using "X's" Sorry to anyone who that might have offended.

Two things to report.

If you find you have lost control of your lighting within the sim. In my case, nothing, even a client re-install did not put it right. Goto manual page 32, Enable manual lighting, turn it ON and you should be OK again. You will have to delete shaders etc and start again.

The second thing you all did read the manual?

Did you spot this

EF.jpg

It also says on the next page.

rex2.jpg

But you have to follow the first one, So if you're using ASP4 turn that option off.

Am still waiting for a TS fix....

dump question, where do i find this "weather automation control" thing ?

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If you find you have lost control of your lighting within the sim. In my case, nothing, even a client re-install did not put it right. Goto manual page 32, Enable manual lighting, turn it ON and you should be OK again. You will have to delete shaders etc and start again.

Hey David - I replied to your post in the REX forum....I enabled manual lighting, closed everything out, flushed the shaders and this did not help my issue as I am still stuck with hijacked shaders when I restart P3D.  I cannot reapply any PTA presets either as EF is overriding everything even with it turned off.  Frustrating to say the least!!  I would be happy just to wipe whatever EF shaders are lingering and get back to default until they can fix the issue but I cannot...   

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Open EF in manual mode also see page 32 of the manual.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Hey David - I replied to your post in the REX forum....I enabled manual lighting, closed everything out, flushed the shaders and this did not help my issue as I am still stuck with hijacked shaders when I restart P3D.  I cannot reapply any PTA presets either as EF is overriding everything even with it turned off.  Frustrating to say the least!!  I would be happy just to wipe whatever EF shaders are lingering and get back to default until they can fix the issue but I cannot...   

This is what I did.

Turn on Enable manual lighting.

Open the sim, forget about the grey VC and anything else for a moment.

With Enable manual lighting now on go into P3D setting and turn light etc to there extremes if you see a change your OK!

Now do a P3D Client un-install and reinstall. 

Open the sim you now should be ok.

Now reset you PTA. 

Wait for a hotfix from EF.

I really hope that fixed it for you.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

30 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Two things to report.

The second thing you all did read the manual?

Did you spot this

EF.jpg

rex2.jpg

But you have to follow the first one, So if you're using ASP4 turn that option off.

Thank you for this as it has influenced my decision. The only thing I was interested in is EF’s weather smoothing which seems incompatible with ASP4 (which makes sense as why would it override ASP4’s own.) 

Edited by UAL4life

7 hours ago, Daedalus said:

You are right. I have to take back my previous statement of what I understood. The solution to excess blooming is to decrease the ExposureKey in the MiniUI. This was what Reed suggested also in REX forums, keeping both HDR on. The manual description should be more clear on that HDR OFF setting. However my statement still holds that the complaints are settings problem, not a reason to bash the software from day one. 

If I decrease the ExposureKey to the minimum allowed value, the excess brightness is gone. What is left is a transition brightness, when you move from a dark scene like the pedestral part of the cockpit to the bright sky. This is what our eyes experience too, as a perfectly balanced exposure wherever we look is not what happens in real life. Everyone using a camera knows that.

Personally, I don't like the transition bloom.  I usually have it disabled in PTA or Tomato.  Dialing back the values in the UI helps, but perhaps they can allow it to be dialed back even more, because there's still a lot of bloom to my liking.  In P3D, my bloom is 0 now, and it's still too much.  I really enjoy most features of EF, but the conflict with Tomato or PTA's aircaft and VC lighting is too annoying for me to enjoy flying with it now:-(

3 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Thank you for this as it has influenced my decision. 

Your welcome.

The biggest problem I see is with the Enable lighting options if this is set wrong you have a huge problem to solve if you don't know the solution. Because you can do everything we normally do but you will not get back your lighting and P3D lighting will not work.

This really should come with a big warning and how to solve it within the EF manual. But the guys over at REX seem to be jumping on everything and trying there best.

But the lighting "bug" to me is a huge pitfall and needs fix so this simply can't happen.

Another small thing that I think will come in an update is you profiles etc will stick so you don't have to load every time you load the sim.

45 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I

EF.jpg

rex2.jpg

What do you mean with "first one ... off?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Can you turn off ALL of the shader stuff from EF and just have the clouds ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

The EF manual has been available on the REX web site since last week before release to down load, I downloaded it over the weekend.

Ok, found it at the very bottom of the web page.

Patrice Dubois

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

What do you mean with "first one ... off?

If your using ASP4 turn the option off.

39 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

With Enable manual lighting now on go into P3D setting and turn light etc to there extremes if you see a change your OK!

Thanks David...sadly even with manual lighting enabled I have lost all control of my P3D HDR lighting via the menus with EF turned off and default P3D shaders restored...this is fascinating😕  I'll have to wait and see what their solution is but not sure how I am going to get back to a default state.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If your using ASP4 turn the option off.

Sorry, I still don't get it. What "OPTION" you speak from? I use ASP4, so I switch off what? "Enable Smoothing"

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).