Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

disable hdr in Ef and enable in Prpd, see if that helps

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Thanks David...sadly even with manual lighting enabled I have lost all control of my P3D lighting via the menus with EF turned off and default P3D shaders restored...this is fascinating😕  I'll have to wait and see what their solution is but not sure how I am going to get back to a default state.

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Sorry, I still don't get it. What "OPTION" you speak from? I use ASP4, so I switch off what? "Enable Smoothing"

15 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If your using ASP4 turn the option off.

Stupid old man me  ... got it .

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Sorry, I still don't get it. What "OPTION" you speak from? I use ASP4, so I switch off what? "Enable Smoothing"

Based what I see it looks like that you have to turn off in EF.......somehow that make sense.

Alex 

If it wasn't for the noise of my graphics card I would set P3D up as moving ambient picture on my screen. Just watched the environment changing in auto mode for 30 minutes after landing.

Don't forget that REX is planning to improve EF even more. I am pretty sure the guys from TOGA Projects will get Envtex running in no time if they get the opportunity. And ENVSHADE and EF do work pretty well together.

I hope HIFI will eventually make a option for AS4 to get the weather smoothing done by EF. AS4 does a good job and so far I am pretty happy but REX did something completely new. Much better in my opinion when it comes to weather smoothing.

• Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

In browsing this topic, more and more I'm concluding this is not a product I would need.🙂

• I don't need to run the sim at 16X speed to watch the clouds come and go, I'm too busy flying.
  • I don't need the ability to tweak how the sky looks, we can't do that in real life, and I'm too busy flying.
  • I don't need to try and become a sky texture artist, I'm an aviator, I'm too busy flying. 

I have ASP4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE (like many if not most others), all running great, automatically, looking different everyday everywhere, very realistic and awesome in P3D 4.5 😁

To me this is a another case of rex coming to the game too late, and providing a product in which much of it involves time away from the cockpit....I'd rather be flying.👨‍✈️

Maybe this rex 'force' series will develop into something useful to me later.🙂

I hope that simmers who choose the rex method will enjoy it, but I can tell you, that you will enjoy it more, if you just read the manual! 😖

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, kurtb said:

disable hdr in Ef and enable in Prpd, see if that helps

Thanks....I have HDR off in the EF UI and HDR on in P3D.....I cannot control it at all at this point.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I got a 24-hour ban for using "X's" Sorry to anyone who that might have offended.

Two things to report.

If you find you have lost control of your lighting within the sim. In my case, nothing, even a client re-install did not put it right. Goto manual page 32, Enable manual lighting, turn it ON and you should be OK again. You will have to delete shaders etc and start again.

The second thing you all did read the manual?

Did you spot this

EF.jpg

It also says on the next page.

rex2.jpg

But you have to follow the first one, So if you're using ASP4 turn that option off.

Am still waiting for a TS fix....

There is not need to use the weather smoothing with ASP4 because they have their own function.  However, it works with all other weather engines.  It does work with ASP4 but seems a little redundant.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Did I mention the emperor's clothes already?

You did - ad nauseum...don't like it, don't buy it.

So how to start a flight? Nothing in the manual about it!

Start EF, then SF then P3D or the other way around. Do I need to start SF at all or does EF "know" that I have it. What settings do I need/can I adjust in SF when EF is in automated mode.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I support REX because they have products I like or think have value and because REX is a big supporter of the FS community.  While I DON'T use live Wx I would still probably buy EF except that I will be leaving the hobby indefinitely.  

In any case people need to chill and enjoy FS.

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Can I ask what the lighting option really does?

Regards 

Simbol 

I think it allows EF to change the lighting along with HDR, but I could be wrong Simbol.

58 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Thanks David...sadly even with manual lighting enabled I have lost all control of my P3D HDR lighting via the menus with EF turned off and default P3D shaders restored...this is fascinating😕  I'll have to wait and see what their solution is but not sure how I am going to get back to a default state.

I feel for you, I really do, I wish I could help more, sorry 😞 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

So how to start a flight? Nothing in the manual about it!

Start EF, then SF then P3D or the other way around. Do I need to start SF at all or does EF "know" that I have it. What settings do I need/can I adjust in SF when EF is in automated mode.

I suggest you start SF, start EF choose Auto or manual, make both go into your tray, Start P3D.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I suggest you start SF, start EF choose Auto or manual, make both go into your tray, Start P3D.

REX states "If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D." in another thread.

• Upvote 2

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 hour ago, pracines said:

In browsing this topic, more and more I'm concluding this is not a product I would need.🙂

• I don't need to run the sim at 16X speed to watch the clouds come and go, I'm too busy flying.
  • I don't need the ability to tweak how the sky looks, we can't do that in real life, and I'm too busy flying.
  • I don't need to try and become a sky texture artist, I'm an aviator, I'm too busy flying. 

I have ASP4, ASCA, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE (like many if not most others), all running great, automatically, looking different everyday everywhere, very realistic and awesome in P3D 4.5 😁

To me this is a another case of rex coming to the game too late, and providing a product in which much of it involves time away from the cockpit....I'd rather be flying.👨‍✈️

Maybe this rex 'force' series will develop into something useful to me later.🙂

I hope that simmers who choose the rex method will enjoy it, but I can tell you, that you will enjoy it more, if you just read the manual! 😖

Did you watch the twitch stream?

None of what you have can give what EF can do, de-saturate the water and land class under overcast. De-saturate water to be very dark in overcast and in good sunshine makes water/sea blue. Give overcast that gives Dense Cirrus overcast layer, not done before. The layer also went as far as the earth curve at a high of 70,000ft that some coverage.

Changers how the water reflects light and how high the waves are given the wind speed. All done on the fly as the wind weather changes.

All this is done of the fly so when light hits the water/land it all looks natural. 

I Run Envtex only for sky colors with ASCA, ASP4, SF but none of them gives me what I've seen EF does. But if you don't see it will your own eyes your just making assumptions, it's a product you need to see running on your own PC Paul to see what it really does as no screenshots are going to show its magic.

I Suggest you watch the steam as that's the best way to see what it's about.

Edited by Nyxx

9 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

REX states "If you are using Environment Force you do not need to open SF3D." in another thread.

Yes, it confusing somewhere I read you need SF open for? it might be for structures?......REX are not the best for making things clear that's for sure. Am sure I heard they going to make EF start SF automatically in an update?

Edited by Nyxx