Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Did you watch the twitch stream?

None of what you have can give what EF can do, de-saturate the water and land class under overcast. De-saturate water to be very dark in overcast and in good sunshine makes water/sea blue. Give overcast that gives Dense Cirrus overcast layer, not done before. The layer also went as far as the earth curve at a high of 70,000ft that some coverage.

Changers how the water reflects light and how high the waves are given the wind speed. All done on the fly as the wind weather changes.

All this is done of the fly so when light hits the water/land it all looks natural. 

I Run Envtex only for sky colors with ASCA, ASP4, SF but none of them gives me what I've seen EF does. But if you don't see it will your own eyes your just making assumptions, it's a product you need to see running on your own PC Paul to see what it really does as no screenshots are going to show its magic.

I Suggest you watch the steam as that's the best way to see what it's about.

is there a link to the twitch stream talking about the automatic mode? wherever I search, I only get the latest stream that talks about manual mode. I can't find the other stream anywhere.

Can anyone post some screenshots showing how this addon changing the color of the water, atmosphere, lighting...  to make the sim looks better? I watched a video "First look at REX Enviroment Force" in Youtube and I am not impressed.

• Upvote 1

Im deciding to get either Rex Sky Force 3D or Environment Force for P3D. What would be the best option for me to get because Im not entirely sure how these two products differ other than being in Real Time and shaders. Will these products change my sky texture and colors?

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Isn't the cloud building and dissipation part of "weather smoothing"? Because I thought that was the biggest selling point of EF. I certainly don't want to give that up when I install EF, but I'm not giving up ASP4.

Pete

We really need this question answered; if true, it’s antithetical to the nation that EF ‘works with all programs.  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

So if environment force is dynamically changing shaders on the fly and also you can manually adjust them it seems, is there even a need to be using the likes of PTA in the first place?

What can PTA do that EF doesn't?

Edited by Matthew James de Bohun
Punctuation.
  • Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

@cyyzrwy24 Sorry man...you made me laugh.

After 6 pages of topic, where you actively posted comments, you just now realise that EF has a problem and the VC turns grey??? LOL

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

As someone with a LOT of experience in manipulating visual scenes  - including PhD and postdoc work in graphics and machine vision - it amazes me how particular people are about the visual appearance of a scene. People seem to be incredibly defensive about their particular choice of shaders and settings. People often post "tweaked" images using Tomatoshade or PTA to show how "fantastic" they look and the vast majority of them are hyper-realistic (too much contrast and vibrance given the lighting). I think this is the beauty of what EF has to offer - the scene looks appropriate given the lighting conditions. These changes are applied with respect to the atmospheric conditions present at the time. Now, if you want highly vibrant scenery with a high contrast at all times - including under conditions of diffuse lighting (heavy overcast), there is no value in the dynamic lighting offered by EF. This is all highly subjective... but if your objective is realism there is NO question that EF is a step in the right direction.

On top of that, the dynamic cloud growth and changes in textures adds a lot to the immersion. Even in the half hour I left the sim sit at KDFW with severe thunderstorms nearby it was great to see these storms evolve over time - the shape and texture of the cloud base evolved in quite a realistic way. Is it perfect? No, but this process in real life is extremely complex and there is a severe limitation of what can be done with 2D sprites. Overall, however, I feel this was well worth the $25 US I spent. Again, if you want static, high contrast, "pretty" scenery at all times under all conditions, this product will disappoint. I feel that Rex has been more than clear about what the product delivers - and I think it does a reasonable job. 

I do have PTA and I use it to make subtle adjustments to the scene - mostly to fix inadequacies in my monitors - and it might be nice to use these shaders as a base upon which EF could provide adjustments. Perhaps this is why so many are pushing for compatibility with PTA and Tomatoshade. Certainly, advertising compatibility and then running into obvious bugs upon release is a bit embarrassing. However, overall, either you have realistic dynamically adjusted shaders according to conditions or you have static definitions over all conditions, "tweaked" to how an individual "likes" them. In many ways these are mutually exclusive. Perhaps that will help some that are trying to decide whether this product is appropriate for them. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@cyyzrwy24 Sorry man...you made me laugh.

After 6 pages of topic, where you actively posted comments, you just now realise that EF has a problem and the VC turns grey??? LOL

What is this VC turning grey? My VC cockpits are bright and clear, in fact better than they always have been.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

What is this VC turning grey? My VC cockpits are bright and clear, in fact better than they always have been. 

Well Ian,

just on the first page of this topic (and many other places) you can find this:

Many users are complaining about grey VC. It has not been said why this is hapening (might be due to HDR or Shaders or....) and REX is investigating this.

I replied to @cyyzrwy24 because he wrote about his experience with EF (which is great) but then wondered about the grey cockpit.

He (and you) obviously did not read the entire topic, which I always find sad (and frustrating to myself) because topics often get cluttered by those who ask or report the same thing over and over again......

Gerald K. - Germany

Hello guys,

Just flying now with EF.

After some negative responses from some people I have to say:

It is a great product! Using it in combination with Envtex Envshade and ASP4 / Asca.

Amazing how the light and cloud changes now in the sim, it really gives you the feeling you are flying in a dynamic environment now! Amazing!

Definitely worth the money.

Gr.

Robert

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

We really need this question answered; if true, it’s antithetical to the nation that EF ‘works with all programs.  

It does work with AS4.

11 hours ago, rstough said:

There is not need to use the weather smoothing with ASP4 because they have their own function.  However, it works with all other weather engines.  It does work with ASP4 but seems a little redundant.

I have done some hours with AS4 and had the option switched on and of. The results are nearly the same. How ever when switched to on it might be a little bit out of sync. with the cloud drawing. But altimeter/baro, tempratur, winds are the same on or off.

Cloud morphing works independently off the smoothing function. Clouds are forming dynamically with and without smoothing. I like the injection method from REX a little better. But as far as I could test it, both REX and Hifi do nearly the same. They let the clouds fade into the scenery.

The cloud growing comes with a separate function and seems to work very good.

To be corrected 🙂

Raster

• Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

19 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Just flying now with EF.

After some negative responses from some people I have to say:

It is a great product! Using it in combination with Envtex Envshade and ASP4 / Asca.

EF should not be used with ASCA (they do the same thing mostly)!

Gerald K. - Germany

32 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

EF should not be used with ASCA (they do the same thing mostly)!

That is not true!

It works great with Asca in my simulator, definitely a difference.

The cloud morphing works! And also the lighting etc.

According to REX support you have to disable the weather smoothing and real time data read.

Edited by rob0203

34 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

(they do the same thing mostly)

Thats more or less completely BS, sorry.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I found in auto mod adjusting the BloomBlurSigma and the Exposure Key toned down the over Exposure being to bright, left click your mouse pointer over them and then circle round to adjust to your liking. 

I don't know why some users are going off on one over this product if your happy with what you have you don't have to buy it, stick with what you have slagging a product days old makes no sense, constructive feed back on the REX forum good or bad makes sense.  

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg