Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

EnvShade modifies and recompiles a number of the shaders when it is run prior to P3d running (as do TS and PTA). In automatic mode, REX EF supposedly uses atmospheric conditions to recompile certain shaders dynamically, while the sim is running, at least that's what the REX literature says it does. When REX EF is combined with either EnvShade, Tomato Shade or PTA, those three utilities provide the initial shader conditions to the sim.  Obviously, REX made a few incorrect assumptions about how widely variable that those shader tweaks could be in those three other add-ons. I admit to being biased here, because I'm really negative about PTA and TS. They allow the user a ton of flexibility without preventing the user from gumming up the works. There's a reason why PMDG says don't use any shader mods and that could apply also to EnvShade and REX EF. The difference is that those two add-ons have automatic modes, which prevent the user from playing around too much.

In any case, the visual effect in REX EF is the most natural I've seen in any sim. Dawn and dusk never looked so realistic.

Jay,

Its good to hear your feedback, since am INOP till a TS hotfix, I've read a lot and value your thoughts above. Am coming to the conclusion that from TS I need the lighting on aircraft for refections it a must-have for FSL. I also like my personly setting for the lighting within the VC something that EF does not do.

But I think you right having shaders over shaders a recipe for trouble. So am going to try and make a new profile for TS giving me the VC I won't and the reflections for the model. All other lighting terrains etc I plan to turn off living EF to hopefully be free to look as you described. I've read others say what you have found and personly think this is the way to go so there is no conflict with landscape/cloud/water lighting/shaders.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, bosflo said:

is there a link to the twitch stream talking about the automatic mode? wherever I search, I only get the latest stream that talks about manual mode. I can't find the other stream anywhere.

Not that I know of, Auto will just do what you see in the stream automatically

4 hours ago, Oliver Ooi said:

Can anyone post some screenshots showing how this addon changing the color of the water, atmosphere, lighting...  to make the sim looks better? I watched a video "First look at REX Enviroment Force" in Youtube and I am not impressed.

The link to the stream is above your post. just look at the reply above yours.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

40 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Thats more or less completely BS, sorry.

No it's not and please see that I included also the wording "mostly" (which is not meaning always).

ASCA is used to inject textures (sky and clouds) on the fly acc. to ASPv4 weather report.

EF will do the same thing MOSTLY, injecting textures for clouds and sky PLUS other textures AND changes also light.

50 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It works great with Asca in my simulator, definitely a difference.

You can use them but it is redundant for sky and clouds. You clearly don't understand what the products are meant to do.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

49 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

That is not true!

It works great with Asca in my simulator, definitely a difference.

The cloud morphing works! And also the lighting etc. 

According to REX support you have to disable the weather smoothing and real time data read.

Hi Rob,

how did you configure asca.
I think all checkboxes are off.
Only the checkbox for Sky on for ENVTX.

Do you use global automatic or global dynamic.

Settings in EF
Enable weather smoothing - OFF
Enable real-time weather data read - OFF or ON

Currently I have turned off HDR in the MINI UI

ENVSHADE is active

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hi folks,
If you own REX SF, do yourselves a favor, don't read the negative comments, try EF by yourselves.
It brings a new dimension to the sim, something we have never seen: dynamism.
Together with AS, the result is outstanding.

1DG8Kd.jpg

Uvb416.jpg

6P2OL3.jpg

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

14 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Rob,

Settings in EF

ENVSHADE is active

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

Hello Frank,

I have everything turned on in Asca. But if you use Envtex skies uncheck sky.

Asca I have Global Automatic.

(EF morphs the clouds! Asca injects textures)

In EF according to REX support:

Weather smoothing OFF

Enable real time weahter read OFF

EF i use in automation mode.

HDR should be turned on in Sim and in EF.

Gr.

Robert

Edited by rob0203

9 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Rob,

Settings in EF

ENVSHADE is active

Thanks

Frank from EDDM

I might be able to help you, Frank.

"how did you configure asca.
Do you use global automatic or global dynamic."

This is the set up to use only the Envtx sky colours and nothing else, I use ASCA just for this and you can use global automatic or global dynamic, both work.

Settings in EF

Enable real-time weather data read would be OFF as EF does not need to read the weather as it been given it by ASP4.

launching the sim at KSEA with Active Sky for P3D v4 and EF, in AUTO mode  I find the clouds to be way too bright..   am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help,

too much, too soon....

1 hour ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Cloud morphing works independently off the smoothing function. Clouds are forming dynamically with and without smoothing.

Good, that's what I needed to know. Thanks!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Robert,

i forgot to write i take the Clouds from Sky Force 3D.

Then i must untick all Clouds and Textures. If is ticked on the Clouds where used vom HIFI

I think if you use Envtex Skies you must turn it on in ASCA. 

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

1 minute ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Robert,

i forgot to write i take the Clouds from Sky Force 3D.

Then i must untick all Clouds and Textures. If is ticked on the Clouds where used vom HIFI

I think if you use Envtex Skies you must turn it on in ASCA. 

Frank

Ok yes you are right, I use Asca clouds! Then you must untick them indeed!

46 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Hello Frank,

I have everything turned on in Asca. But if you use Envtex skies uncheck sky.

Asca I have Global Automatic.

(EF morphs the clouds! Asca injects textures)

In EF according to REX support:

Weather smoothing OFF

Enable real time weahter read OFF

EF i use in automation mode.

HDR should be turned on in Sim and in EF.

Gr.

Robert

I'm on EF+AS+ASCA, too - and it seems to be a good combo.

In ASCA I have all options turned on, theme:"Global Automatic", but I have HDR switched off (in P3Dv4). Perhaps I should try to turn on HDR in P3Dv4.

Patric

4 minutes ago, pscharff said:

I'm on EF+AS+ASCA, too - and it seems to be a good combo.

In ASCA I have all options turned on, theme:"Global Automatic", but I have HDR switched off (in P3Dv4). Perhaps I should try to turn on HDR in P3Dv4.

Patric

I think you should turn on HDR otherwise the HDR lighting effects don't work with EF!

Edited by rob0203

4 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I think you should turn on HDR otherwise the HDR lighting effects don't work with EF!

Hello Robert,

Up to now I wasn't a fan of HDR. I will check this option when I'm at home from work.

Patric

Hi everyone

I bought Rex Env Force and I am very, very happy !

Its like I have a new simulator now... what an incredible job they do.

Hope everybody get this product working right.

My installation was like that :

Dowloading REX Env Force.

Restore my original shaders from PTA.

Uninstall PTA. 

Repair my  P3D client (with install_Client.msi)

Install Rex Env Force

Set it in AUTOMATIC MODE

Launch it

Launch ASP4

Launch P3D

Turn OFF HDR in sim

and bim... just perfect realism with no more fps cost !

My rig :

RYZEN 5 1600X

GTX ROG STRIX 1070Ti

16 G0 RAM

SSD 250 go SAMSUNG

CH Product FlightSim Yoke

Prepar3D 4.5

REX SKY FORCE

ACTIVE SKY P3D4

GSX

FSDG SENERY

Sorry, English is not my natural language.

Captain Leuyab

• Upvote 2