vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

He said he did not want to uninstall 🙂 

Oops, missed that part, my bad. 

Edited by hollow1slo

Matej Stavanja

@leyab

Thank you Sir. Your post got me on the right track to enjoy EF. Did it nearly as you described and now EF +SF + AS4 + ENVSHADE + ASCA + ENVTEX p3d v4.5 runs as I hoped for.

Anyone struggling try this:

Delete shaderfolder

Restore original ShadersHLSL

Repair or just uninstall/reinstall 4.5 client (what I did)

Run p3d once without anything else and confirm that it looks as before EF got on your system. TURN HD ON in the p3d settings menu (you don't have to but it makes a difference!)

Restart Windows and start EF + p3d

Close p3d and install Envtex Envshade

Now my settings; they work for me and you might not like them but give it a try before complaining about them. I set this up quite differently from most what I read in this thread 😊.

AS4:

maximum surface visibility 200, maximum upper visibility 200, fog layer generation on, suppress local weather changes off

ASCA:

global automatic, enabled content just sky colours, I only use envtex sky textures because I like them more then any

SkyForce:

Installation option settings 3d cloud textures on, cirro-type cloud textures on, lightning effects on, sound effects on, everything else off if you want ENVTEX sky only.

EnvironmentForce:

Automated environment controls ALL ON EXCEPT real time weather data read OFF, automation mode ON, HDR in the EF UI window on, HDR options visible, adjust HDR options in the UI as you wish.

It works and I like it more. Go back in this thread and you will get an answer to why it is stated that it has to be turned off. Please try before arguing if you are curious, thanx.

Now run SF EF AS4 ASCA before you start p3d. Works for me

As long as it isn't clear whether or not it is needed for the cloud structures I run it. Doesn't seem too hurt.

I love it. Sure it will get more awesome over time. Sorry for everyone how still can't run EF trouble free. I had my fair share of trouble until now with v4.5 and now EF, so hang in there.

By the way, is it just me or did my so loved and missed wet runways came back in v4.5? Even with effects set to low now the runway looks amazing when it is raining. Thx LM

To be corrected

Raster

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

I just installed it I'm not pleasantly surprised I like it.

Just the bloom of the bloom that strikes my eyes! Is there a way to stop the adpatation of the bloom?

The worst is when I look overhead and then in front of me I can not see anything just a white curtains with a lot of bloom! and I have to wait a bit to see it again normally this is the only problem I have.

@Axis3600

Several. Until the brightness get adjusted you can always  turn off HDR in the EF UI or dial down the exposure. Or you change the adapting speed and the delta. It is super bright at first. but it is suprisingly realistic if you can tune it down. Disable lens flare  in the p3d settings.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Rasterfahnder said:

@ Axis3600

Nombreuses. Tant que la luminosité n'est pas réglée, vous pouvez toujours désactiver HDR dans l'interface utilisateur de EF ou réduire l'exposition. Ou vous changez la vitesse d'adaptation et le delta. C'est super brillant au début. mais il est étonnamment réaliste de pouvoir l’accorder. Désactivez la lumière parasite dans les paramètres p3d.

The trouble when I disable the HDR in EF it cancels all the effects it's like I had nothing.

the adptation time I see no difference in moving it from 3,000 to 1,750

the timedata 0.250 and it does not change anything ...

I just did a test night if I turn on the dome of the airbus I do not see any button on the pedestal = 0

And same day sky clears I see no blue sky but a white sky so the bloom is powerful = S

And it's normal that he does not record the values? if I do save I have a P3D crash

So I'm not alone in having this bloom problem that aggrieves the eyes?

Edited by Axis3600
Error

57 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks, and already installed.

Did the patch solve your problems?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks, and already installed.

Did the patch solve your problems?

Yes, Harry thank you.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Im still stuggleing with the amount of bloom/light. Looks like a nuclear bomb has gone off on the horizon its so bright

40 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

the adptation time I see no difference in moving it from 3,000 to 1,750

the timedata 0.250 and it does not change anything ... 

That's is the time it takes for your eye to adept. Try 0.170 and focus the sky it should reduce the bloom effect after several seconds it doesn't affect the light perception emediatly. As suggested by others in this thread lower exposure key to 0.275 I have mine at 0.307. And make sure to get the patch. For the CDT you probably should ask in the rex forum for support.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Ok thanks for the advice. If I reinstall the client, does it restore the original shaderHLSL folder or not?   because i had envshade before i just uninstall

Edited by Axis3600

45 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Ok thanks for the advice. If I reinstall the client, does it restore the original shaderHLSL folder or not?   because i had envshade before i just uninstall

Yes it does.  Make sure and make a back up copy before altering anything.

Matt Wilson

I don't own/use Tomato Shade.  Will this product still work?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I don't own/use Tomato Shade.  Will this product still work?

No problem. It does not require any shader utilities like either EnvShade, PTA or Tomato Shade.