Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

Frederico, whats up? You invite me to a constructive discussion in quite a boastful manner and now you are ignoring me? 

Before i put our lively and fruitful discussion to a rest, let me give you a free life advice: If you come to a public forum to accuse a customer of spreading false facts, you should either back this up with evidence or apologise. It makes you look a bit bad otherwise...and the company you are representing as commercial member

I am busy working on the next fix.

I will reply when I have some time but if you re-read my answer is that some facts said are inaccurate and incorrect - nothing wrong with it.

I can tell you as I coded the product along with Reed. I spent 3 years in it.

Federico

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3

Federico Sucari

12 hours ago, fs1 said:

I am busy working on the next fix.

I will reply when I have some time but if you re-read my answer is that some facts said are inaccurate and incorrect - nothing wrong with it.

I can tell you as I coded the product along with Reed. I spent 3 years in it.

Federico

Should have been 4....don't bother responding, focus on fixing EF!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Should have been 4....don't bother responding, focus on fixing EF!

Harsh, you only have to read there support forums to see how hard the guy is working lars.

Every question I've asked on their support forum has been answered. I've asked a lot too.

How can you expect a guy to give support in a topic that starts with "Support questions should go to the Rex support forum." and is 20 pages deep?

Try their forums and if you don't get a reply there then fire away.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Harsh, you only have to read there support forums to see how hard the guy is working lars.

Every question I've asked on their support forum has been answered. I've asked a lot too.

How can you expect a guy to give support in a topic that starts with "Support questions should go to the Rex support forum." and is 20 pages deep?

Try their forums and if you don't get a reply there then fire away.

well said  David  if users got an issue or need support they should post In the  rex  forum as  you  have  had😊

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

What I'd really like to see is some before/after screenshots or videos but can't find any. Does anybody know of something like that?

Screenshots will show nothing. Watch twitch streams from Chewwy he is using EF.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Screenshots will show nothing. Watch twitch streams from Chewwy he is using EF.

What do you mean nothing? Even with a straight before (default) / after (using EF) screenshot comparison of the same image? No visual difference?

7 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

What do you mean nothing? Even with a straight before (default) / after (using EF) screenshot comparison of the same image? No visual difference?

Static screenshots will not do justice to SF or EF.

Just now, Nyxx said:

Static screenshots will not do justice to SF or EF.

Since EF also changes the visuals there must be some visual difference that can be seen even on screenshots. I'm not looking for justice, I just want to see the difference.

I did also mention video comparison though 😉 

What did you check in SF as an option?

I explain I have to leave the 10 days of cycles activated?

Because I am testing and I always find myself with the same lift and sunset

It should be different for every flight and weather ...

5 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Since EF also changes the visuals there must be some visual difference that can be seen even on screenshots. I'm not looking for justice, I just want to see the difference.

I did also mention video comparison though 😉 

Here are 4 I took for you tonight. I did a flight into LPPT

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 6:08 PM, Rasterfahnder said:

did you check the texture size settings in EF? By default it is 2048 I think. Try DTX5 and 512. You can do so in manuel mode. I use ASP4/ EF/ SF/ ENVSHADE with out frame drops.

Yes suddenly to be on I put on the 2 software (SF / EF) I descended on 512 DTX5.
And sincerely I tried to do several tests to see the difference I do not see at all ...
It's odd but good to leave as much as 512 and gain performance.

Sorry, still a little confused.  If I buy/use EF, should I uninstall PTA?  Do I need PTA?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sorry, still a little confused.  If I buy/use EF, should I uninstall PTA?  Do I need PTA?

It's all a matter of preference. I was okay with just using EF, I liked the looks of the automation mode. It's not really that big of a deal to open up PTA, return your shaders to default, give EF a try and experiment with it. You may find it does a great job to your liking, or you may want to restore your PTA shaders to work with EF, or maybe just use a few additional features that PTA has to offer. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?