Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

We are aware of a problem with the Uninstaller. We are in contact with Advanced Uninstaller to see the issue. We will keep posted.

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL... At Frederico's request I just installed the beta fix and it COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY P3D! Client, Content, Scenery, Add-ons, SimObjects, etc I am BEYOND INFURIATED! I am now going through a COMPLETE Re-Install.  REX is DEAD to me.

Thank you for the warning.  I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I know how maddening these things can be.  Sometimes I just want to give up on this hobby.  

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

17 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

What's interesting/bothers/scares me about EF is that this is supposed to be a "hands-off" product, especially in auto mode.  But after reading 22 pages, folks have to keep making all kinds of changes whether it be to EF, the sim, etc.

The only changes that are being made manually when in auto mode is adjusting HDR bloom/brightness, at least in my case. I haven't tested the new updates myself yet but it seems HDR has been fixed, which would mean you (or me) wouldn't have to touch a thing and could just leave it running in the background letting it do its thing.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

17 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL... At Frederico's request I just installed the beta fix and it COMPLETELY WIPED OUT MY P3D! Client, Content, Scenery, Add-ons, SimObjects, etc

I have unistalled the Beta also (before the announcement) but it luckily did not wipe anything from my install. Pooooh

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

From the things I managed to test I can tell that HDR / Bloom has indeed been corrected (or it performs way better).

The issue where the scene brightens up after looking at a bright light in the cockpit, was still present in this Beta.

For those not understanding what I wrote:

You sit in the VC and look outside -> everything looks ok.

You pan the view and look at something bright e.g. flood lights then return to the previous view -> the scene is much brighter and does not return to normal.

You have to switch to an outside view then go back to get it to the initial level.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

New to EV Force.  Everything seems fine EXCEPT FOR THE TERRAIN BRIGHTNESS!  Is there a manual way to get my scenery back to normal P3d levels?  If I'm reading this thread correctly, it seems brightness is an issue.  Has anyone come up with even a partial solution?

I wanted an automatic EV Force....seems that is not going to happen.

Stan

Edited by spilok

9 minutes ago, spilok said:

New to EV Force.  Everything seems fine EXCEPT FOR THE TERRAIN BRIGHTNESS!  Is there a manual way to get my scenery back to normal P3d levels?  If I'm reading this thread correctly, it seems brightness is an issue.  Has anyone come up with even a partial solution?

I wanted an automatic EV Force....seems that is not going to happen.

Stan

The HDR has been worked out. We are working out the Beta installers and will be available soon.

Federico

Federico Sucari

Thanks for the response.  Look forward to the results of your hard work.

Stan

Guess i am all in soon then 🙂 ,

Anyone using ENVSHADE with EF as well,  or totally not-needed anymore ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Guess i am all in soon then 🙂 ,

Anyone using ENVSHADE with EF as well,  or totally not-needed anymore ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Does Envshade have VC lighting? If so keep it. If not then Just let EF do it’s magic.

I need TS for VC and reflections or I would delete it

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On my system EF doesn't seem to work well with v4.5 hot fix. Way too bright at night. And I lost 8-10 frames. Hopefully REX will  fix it in the next months. I really like what it does. Until then I stick to competitive products and enjoy the great performance and visuals in v4.5.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

I, too, had a brightness problem. But after the 4.5 hotfix, the brightness seems to be toned down a bit.  Maybe a coincidence, but scenery not too bad.  Got my brightness in the sim down to 86.

Stan

Edited by spilok

37 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

On my system EF doesn't seem to work well with v4.5 hot fix. Way too bright at night. And I lost 8-10 frames. Hopefully REX will  fix it in the next months. I really like what it does. Until then I stick to competitive products and enjoy the great performance and visuals in v4.5.

We released an open beta which we will restoring soon. This should fix brightness.

Thanks

Federico

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

@spilok witch version of EF are you using? brightness in p3d 86 was around my setting too. But now after the v4.5 hf that does not work any more. The day is manageable in the UI but there is just no night anymore. The clouds are white (ore get a weird look when te brightness is set to low) and the terrain just blue-ish bright. Did you had any issues with frames? I think it might be my system. But currently so happy with v4.5 I dont wont to tinker with EF any more. First addon I gave up on in a while. But I am sure REX will get it right eventualy. They just had such bad luck with the release of EF. Wonderfull product but I think envshade just gets the job done right. Sad that it is not possible to disable all the modifications you dont want, and keep the stuff that is working.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

The latest version of EF is what I'm using....since updates are rather automatic.   I had the problem with "night" yesterday, but using SimElite Time machine makes the time exact wherever you fly.  I combine that with Time Zone Fixer and it seems to work OK.

Stan

• Like 1