Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

Hello, I do not understand I have a problem with the dynamic injection of sky textures ...

After several flights test I always have the same sunset always the same pink for 3 days ...

And the same for flights in full day always the same blue after a flight of 3 hours from the beginning to the end is exactly the same blue ...

(Option 10 day sky cycle unchecked in SF)

13 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

And the same for flights in full day always the same blue after a flight of 3 hours from the beginning to the end is exactly the same blue ... 

Did you change the location? EF depends on the weather in auto mode. It is possible that the weather did not change enough so EF selected just the same textures. Try to check if it changes in manual mode. Also I can be wrong but you can check the selected textures in the EF menu when you switch from Manuel to auto. Load a different airport maybe Sydney YSSY afterwards Tokyo RJAA.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

8 hours ago, LarryImler said:

My sim was also way too bright, even after the EF hotfix and the resent P3Dv4 hot fix, but its good to go now, try this.

in the UI panel, under the REX enhanced HDR, "ExposureKey", I put mine at .25 I think by default its at .27.

Using Active sky for weather, ASCA, Skyforce and EF.

After that setting my sim looks great now, great job REX team!, I love it.

Sorry...I can't find exactly where you made this change.  WHERE exactly is this REX enhanced HDR "Exposure Key"?   I can't find it. Please direct me to this specific location.

Stan

21 minutes ago, spilok said:

Sorry...I can't find exactly where you made this change.  WHERE exactly is this REX enhanced HDR "Exposure Key"?   I can't find it. Please direct me to this specific location.

Stan

This has to be done during flight. Scroll down the EF Mini UI which appears on the upper left corner when you have started a flight. There is also an option that keeps the HDR settings so you don't need to do it every flight.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

22 minutes ago, Nemo said:

This has to be done during flight. Scroll down the EF Mini UI which appears on the upper left corner when you have started a flight. There is also an option that keeps the HDR settings so you don't need to do it every flight.

Save variables.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, Rasterfahnder said:

@Jeff_Fortuna

Which version of EF are you using? Also is your night dark, especially the ground? Even default p3d is darker. Do you have wave animations? 

Images are from version .0506 but it doesn't matter - I didn't have a problem with any version I have used. I have wave animations with ultra, as designed. I usually turn them off, because they aren't worth the CPU cycles, IMHO. 

KLAX day:

C75CE4ED8D4C6385CD0E999D4250E06179055B32

KLAX night

4F525869B27F46611A92938C069DEA49F9E139EB

btw, is there any offical statement about P3D v4.5 HF1 compatibility with SF and EF? Found nothing in the rex forums and user reports are contradictory. Seen a few mentions of cloud model issues in SF and excessive bloom in EF with HF1 but no acknowledgment or confirmation from the devs. I'm currently holding back on updating to HF1 due to the lack of information.

Which brings me to my next question: Did any open beta participant ever receive the updated uninstaller? You know, the one that doesnt try to wipe your P3D root folder? The last email i got from rex is the acknowledgment of the issue, but thats it. And the dedicated forum for open beta participants has been taken down apparantly as the link leads to an error. 

So if i update to HF1 and run into any major issues with EF, i cant remove it as i'm sitting here with a rogue uninstaller thats just waiting to nuke my entire sim if i'm not careful

Thanks.  That really IS a "mini menu".  I'll try that.

Stam

25 minutes ago, Woozie said:

btw, is there any offical statement about P3D v4.5 HF1 compatibility with SF and EF? Found nothing in the rex forums and user reports are contradictory. Seen a few mentions of cloud model issues in SF and excessive bloom in EF with HF1 but no acknowledgment or confirmation from the devs. I'm currently holding back on updating to HF1 due to the lack of information.

Which brings me to my next question: Did any open beta participant ever receive the updated uninstaller? You know, the one that doesnt try to wipe your P3D root folder? The last email i got from rex is the acknowledgment of the issue, but thats it. And the dedicated forum for open beta participants has been taken down apparantly as the link leads to an error. 

So if i update to HF1 and run into any major issues with EF, i cant remove it as i'm sitting here with a rogue uninstaller thats just waiting to nuke my entire sim if i'm not careful

I dont think there is no uninstaller ready. I had no issue when uninstalling. But I crossed my fingers and had mustard on my belly. That might have helped. But to be fair I was aware of the problem and REX informed everyone. So uninstall on your own risk, what REX also told me before I signed up. It might be that you dont run into the wipe thing. I did not.

@Jeff_Fortuna call me picky about the looks of my sim. But you got the same blue night as everyone. You just dont care and thats okay.

It looks like I have cat eyes and can see the markings of the runway and the terrain up to the horizon. Water is animated in High without the performance hit that comes with ultrasettings (thats a bug REX is working on). Without EF I got true night. Just Take a look at the sky nextime your outside of a city and you should not be able to see a single cloud unless a full moon is shining. No offence it might also be the settings of my monitor. But that is calibrated and I like it calibrated as it is. I wait for the patch. REX will fix it and than every one is happy and hope they make a lot of sales. Because where it works it is awesome and will be a must have in the futur.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

I have not had a chance to read through this entire post yet, so I am going to address some generic items here:

1.) If you have issues with Tomato Shade, EnvShade, or PTA with EF we ask that you address what within our support forum (http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums).  However, we will need specifics such as what presets you are using as well as other add-ons you are using.  

2.) In regards to P3D v4.5 HF1 -

a.) Environment Force -  Technical Update 1.1 is currently being reviewed by our QA team and Insiders. We will be publishing a "public beta" for our verified members that want to test that build.  We will be opening it up tomorrow.

b.) Sky Force - Technical Update 2.1 has been released. However, we are going to be testing Technical Update 2.2 with our QA, Insiders, and Public Teams.  However, it is compatible with P3D v4.5 HF1

c.) WX Advantage Radar - Technical Update 7.0 addresses both P3D v4.5 and v4.5 HF1 - We received the fix for HF1 yesterday and we will start testing with our QA, Insider, and Public teams.  

REX Worldwide Airports and REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds is compatible with P3D v4.5 + v4.5 HF1.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

4 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

I dont think there is no uninstaller ready. I had no issue when uninstalling. But I crossed my fingers and had mustard on my belly. That might have helped. But to be fair I was aware of the problem and REX informed everyone. So uninstall on your own risk, what REX also told me before I signed up. It might be that you dont run into the wipe thing. I did not.

@Jeff_Fortuna call me picky about the looks of my sim. But you got the same blue night as everyone. You just dont care and thats okay.

It looks like I have cat eyes and can see the markings of the runway and the terrain up to the horizon. Water is animated in High without the performance hit that comes with ultrasettings (thats a bug REX is working on). Without EF I got true night. Just Take a look at the sky nextime your outside of a city and you should not be able to see a single cloud unless a full moon is shining. No offence it might also be the settings of my monitor. But that is calibrated and I like it calibrated as it is. I wait for the patch. REX will fix it and than every one is happy and hope they make a lot of sales. Because where it works it is awesome and will be a must have in the futur.

We have tested all the uninstall processes of all the full build with the patches and we didn't have an issue.  The installer is built to automatically place the files in the proper location - unless the user is not using a standard installation practice. In other words, the installer could not find the P3D AppPath within the registry.  Then the user is required to manually install it. We have placed prompts on the installer where to install, but if not followed correctly then this is where the issue happens.

All the circumstances so far have been related to improper installation.  There is just no way to plan for each scenario.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Currently have P3D 4.5 installed-waited a month to move from P3D4.4

Active Sky,SkyForce and EnvForce plus PTA

Running as per P3D Tips instructions (J van E etc)

Milviz Planes have working WX Radar( Flysimware Falcon 50 and Learjet await updates-cannot fly them-crash sim)

Otherwise all is good 

Got a Folder sitting with P3D 4.5 Hotfix Update ,Active Sky P3D 4.5 Hotfix update plus Milviz WX Radar P3D 4.5 Hotfix update ready to install when the dust settles

Rex SkyForce seems to have problems with P3D 4.5 Hotfix Update 

Gonna be another month?

Exciting for developers-tough on customers trying to fly!

BUT the Simulator gets more and more realistic/exciting-sticking with it so far but feel I am turning into a Developer!

Forgive the rant-all done now

xxd09

Thanks for your reply Reed, much appreciated. In regards to the "uninstaller-gate", the most recent bit of information i have was your email to open beta participants, stating that we shouldnt uninstall in red bold letters. So just to recap: If i installed EF open beta using the default location i can be 100% certain that EF wont touch my sim install when uninstalling? 

And for HF1 compatibility, you advise to wait until both technical updates (SF and EF) have been released, is that correct? Or are both apps generally compatible and the technical updates are not directly related to HF1?

Edited by Woozie

57 minutes ago, Woozie said:

So just to recap: If i installed EF open beta using the default location i can be 100% certain that EF wont touch my sim install when uninstalling?

I just did it with no harm 🙂

22 minutes ago, gaab said:

I just did it with no harm 🙂

pff, that was simply luck, wont convince me! 😉  do it two more times please - for science!!

Edited by Woozie