Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

I dont think there is no uninstaller ready. I had no issue when uninstalling. But I crossed my fingers and had mustard on my belly. That might have helped. But to be fair I was aware of the problem and REX informed everyone. So uninstall on your own risk, what REX also told me before I signed up. It might be that you dont run into the wipe thing. I did not.

@Jeff_Fortuna call me picky about the looks of my sim. But you got the same blue night as everyone. You just dont care and thats okay.

It looks like I have cat eyes and can see the markings of the runway and the terrain up to the horizon. Without EF I got true night. Just Take a look at the sky nextime your outside of a city and you should not be able to see a single cloud unless a full moon is shining. No offence it might also be the settings of my monitor. But that is calibrated and I like it calibrated as it is. I wait for the patch. REX will fix it and than every one is happy and hope they make a lot of sales. Because where it works it is awesome and will be a must have in the futur.

It is true, they probably overdid the blue tint a bit near the horizon at night. It is about 13/255 near the horizon in the image I uploaded. That image was with vibrance on because my monitor is a bit dull but it is likely somewhat overdone on my part. Now that you mention it, I could probably drop the blue a bit. At night, overhead, from the same scene, the blue value was 2/255. The clouds are a bit bright as well. They come in at a whopping 2/255 red, 3/255 green and 5/255 blue. That is for some standard cumulus. So is there a "problem"? No. It doesn't matter how your monitor is "calibrated". It also doesn't matter if you have "cat eyes". It is easy to check the values at each pixel in the game and that is independent of how you have your monitor "calibrated". Note that a small blue tint can easily be corrected for - and even then my monitor may not be calibrated - and neither are my eyes! 

That's the thing - I can prove that you are, in fact, picky about the looks of your sim. More importantly, your opinion about how it looks isn't more correct - it just is what it is. I don't think REX needs to fix much at all and I hope that they don't. Chasing opinions about visual appearance is not going to be productive. As I mentioned before, people are very particular about the way the sim looks and that has nothing to do with reality. 

The bottom line is that when no additional shaders are applied, short of it being a tad too blue and maybe a bit too much cloud illumination at night, there doesn't seem to be a problem. These are small things that can be OBJECTIVELY pointed out and fixed. Instead, there seems to be comment after comment of people using shader upon shader, setting things up for crazy results and then complaining that their sim doesn't look "right" with EF. If I were REX, I would totally ignore all of this, set it up to realistically depict a scene in auto mode with no additional shaders and leave it at that - and basically that is exactly what they have done. They have provided plenty of adjustments that can be made to compensate for monitor variance. After that, users should be on their own. 

I would argue that it is extremely rare that there is NO ambient light at night. Therefore, the sky should be blue tinted at the horizon due to Rayleigh scattering. Clouds should also be slightly visible for the same reason. Short of living in far northern regions or perhaps in the great plains (from a North American perspective), there is ALWAYS illumination at night (so called "light pollution) from below. The effect might be slightly overdone in EF due to HDR, but it is present and will be most visible on the horizon which will be brightest AND bluest due to the increased atmospheric scattering as the viewer looks through more air. In fact, I would be disappointed if the horizon was black and the clouds were not visible at night. It would indicate that the atmosphere and reflected light from ground illumination was not modeled correctly. 

• Upvote 1

@Jeff_Fortuna Point taken, you are right. Let me apologize for beeing a smartypants. Good thing about it - I learned from your posts and it had helped me a loot. So thank you and my apologie to @rstough and @fs1 about the negativity in my last posts.

2 hours ago, rstough said:

All the circumstances so far have been related to improper installation.  There is just no way to plan for each scenario.

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

OK, so If I want to uninstall EF and bring everything back again like shaders etc, how would I do that? So far EF does not work for me. It does not look real to me and my average fps 10-15. I do use 3 monitors however but even with low settings it just does not work for me. AS+SACA works for me very well. I have spent 2 weeks tweaking EF and I think I am done for now. 

Thanks  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

10 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

OK, so If I want to uninstall EF and bring everything back again like shaders etc, how would I do that?

Uninstall EF. Run the p3d repair either by installer or in windows (settings -> apps & features -> Prepar3D v4 click on modify) then use the repair function. After that Shaders are restored and you can apply any shader you want. That´s how I have done it and worked. Same goes for reinstalling EF. Reset with repair and then instll it when the next update is available.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Do I repair P3D professional or Client or Content? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

1 minute ago, skysurfer said:

Client

/\

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hmm, that did not work out..

46942141455_2e36cc162d.jpg

I hope you have extracted the files before you started them, have you?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

17 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Hmm, that did not work out..

Okay I did this with the full installer but it works with the client. Download the p3dclient (filename: Install_Client.msi). Run it. click next click repair.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

First, I want to clear up that all versions of REX EF will uninstall properly IF installed according to the standard requirements.  If in doubt then ask our support team at our forum or support@rexgamestudios.com.  

Secondly, if you look within you root director of Prepar3D and see a folder REXModules you are fine to uninstall with no issues. We have had 3 testers test each full build with patches and no issues.

Thirdly, IF you do not have a REXModules and you installed all the REX files among your other files that is where the problem lies.  This is not the standard procedure.  This where we ask that you contact our Tier 2 support at support@rexgamestudios.com.  We will walk you through the process.  If we have to set up a One on One support session to help we will do that.

• Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

What I believe happened to me is I had already uninstalled EF when I signed up for the beta. I then installed the beta (without the base EF installed). The beta installed into the P3Dv4 folder but there wasn’t a REXModules folder yet. I realized that EF hadn’t been reinstalled so proceeded to uninstall the beta. That’s when the deletions occurred. I had no idea I couldn’t uninstall the beta. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Well, repairing didn't help much. I fear there is something else. I guess now ingested SF themes are not compatible with PTA presets I use. I will have to do more research. 🤕

At least I have got good fps back after uninstalling EF. 

Edited by skysurfer

If you have your REX Files filtered throughout all your flight simulator files or another folder with add-ons and there is no REXModules folder then you will need to follow the following procedure:

1.) Please remove all Environment Force files located within your folder:

Folders:

files
images
SDK

Files to remove are:

ef_icon
EnvironmentForce_x64.dll
LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll
rexcheck.dll
rexcore64.dll
rexenvforce.exe
rexenvforce.exe.config
rexenvforce.mdf
rexenvforce_log.ldf

2.) Do a search for the regedit "Registry Editor" window.  

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall

Delete the following entry:  {439BB43E-88A8-426C-BE9A-AF4688606A1B}

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: support@rexgamestudios.com

Edited by rstough

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 minutes ago, rstough said:

1.) Please remove all Environment Force files located within your folder:

Folders:

files
images
SDK

No REX module folder. Also no that registry entry as well. 

Where are these 3 folders located?

Thanks 

Just now, skysurfer said:

No REX module folder. Also no that registry entry as well. 

Where are these 3 folders located?

Thanks 

What build did you have installed?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com