Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Do I have to uninstall my current SF or will the hotfix correct the errors.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Are  you  talking  about  the  EF  hotfix   than  there is  no  need  to uninstall sf

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Excuse me.
I'm totally confused reading the errors of SF3D and EF. Have read that SF also gets a hotfix.
SF I have just installed the days. it seems that the cloud textures have errors.
Just want to know if I have to uninstall SF again or if the hotfix fixes the error.
I'm looking forward to the new version of EF.
Can EF be switched off or do I have to completely uninstall it if I do not want to use it?
It may be enough to rename the folder.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

No errors, incompatibilities with current versions of EF and SF and P3D 4.5HF! I've done a complete update of P3D (4.5->4.5HF) and left EF and SF untouched.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

Excuse me.
I'm totally confused reading the errors of SF3D and EF. Have read that SF also gets a hotfix.
SF I have just installed the days. it seems that the cloud textures have errors.
Just want to know if I have to uninstall SF again or if the hotfix fixes the error.
I'm looking forward to the new version of EF.
Can EF be switched off or do I have to completely uninstall it if I do not want to use it?
It may be enough to rename the folder.

Frank

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51300-rex-sky-force-technical-update-21/

if  you  would  have  gone  to the  rex  forum  you  would  have  found  your  answer

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i decided to deinstall EF cause form me it looks like standard P3D shaders, allthough i uses pta with Geralds preset and tried different User presets within EF, but nothing allways the same look.....

Carsten U

2 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

i decided to deinstall EF cause form me it looks like standard P3D shaders, allthough i uses pta with Geralds preset and tried different User presets within EF, but nothing allways the same look.....

Well, I must say that there are some (large) differences between EF rendering and the P3D shaders.

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Well, I must say that there are some (large) differences between EF rendering and the P3D shaders.

Federico

may be. But i don't like the greyish look and honestly i have no time to tweak this thing arround. I thought Auto mode will do this but no..

Carsten U

45 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

may be. But i don't like the greyish look and honestly i have no time to tweak this thing arround. I thought Auto mode will do this but no..

The greyish look is and old bug already fixed. Visit the forums for this. Thanks, Federico

Federico Sucari

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:18 AM, LarryImler said:

My sim was also way too bright, even after the EF hotfix and the resent P3Dv4 hot fix, but its good to go now, try this.

in the UI panel, under the REX enhanced HDR, "ExposureKey", I put mine at .25 I think by default its at .27.

Using Active sky for weather, ASCA, Skyforce and EF.

After that setting my sim looks great now, great job REX team!, I love it.

It's actually defaulted to .37, and I can't get it below 27.5 where it stops.

QUESTION:  HOW do you SAVE this setting so you don't have to keep adjusting the mini UI?

Stan

2 hours ago, spilok said:

It's actually defaulted to .37, and I can't get it below 27.5 where it stops.

QUESTION:  HOW do you SAVE this setting so you don't have to keep adjusting the mini UI?

Stan

In one of the technical fixes we already implemented a button in the in-sim menu called "Save Last State". This should be ticked so your last state is loaded when you load a flight.

It will also be available in the hotfix we will issue very shortly.

Federico Sucari

I have notice a huge difference in FPS when using AS weather engine instead of SF weather engine. AS+SF+EF=10 FPS. SF+EF=65 FPS. Same arpt, same weather, same clock time, same A/C and same P3D settings. I don´t know why but it is how it works in my sim. The issue seams to come with the latest AS update or P3D hot fix.

The trick to not letting AS cause performance issues is to limit it to one or two cores.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

Me too.  I wish I had never bought it!  Active Sky and Sky Force are enough for me.  PLUS, I have no problems with a night sky.  I really don't need all these REX programs to make the sky a "little bit better".  NOT NECESSARY IMHO!  Deleted EV Force and I don't miss it!

Stan

• Like 1