Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, timest said:

We'll take it along with the negatives @pete_auau 😉

We ARE listening folks. It only gets better from here. 

@bean_sprout @pvupilot @Rasterfahnder Thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy. 

Cheers!

I'm doing a test flight from Christchurch to Perth now with the new build. No tweak mode.

I can already see the adaption time between head down in cockpit and looking outside adjusts much more quickly now.

The exposure isn't as bright, whites no longer look washed out. My HDR settings in sim are 1.00, 1.00 and 1.00. I'm still on v4.4

EF settings are default. So far very happy that the ExposureKey and BloomBlurSigma are obviously much better at default.

I'm using ASv4, SF along with EF. No 3rd party shaders.

Well done REX, I for one am happy 🙂

Stu

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

12 minutes ago, Orbitandy said:

That’s what I thought as well.

On the other they also state to have the cloud smoothing setting off in auto if using AS, but I have that ON and have a better experience regarding cloud morphing (iso popping).

so many variables lol, I’m losing track of the playbook...anyway nothing to lose to try David’s suggestion.😁

I totally agree I tried turning ON cloud smoothing as it "should " be off with ASP4 and found it a lot better with it on I also pushed the timer from 5m to 10m with ASP4 set to refresh every 15 mins.

Andy, Harry you might be right let me know your findings please guys.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well im running EF and SF3D and the weather is just popping on weather generation compete. Bit annoying.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

4 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Well im running EF and SF3D and the weather is just popping on weather generation compete. Bit annoying.

I don't have SF running, no need too as stated by Developer. Using ASP4. You using AS ?

I don't have any popping. If you are using SF weather engine, you are going to get popping whether you like it or not.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not running ASP4. And in regards to weather popping you are incorrect. If you use SF3D weather engine with EF the weather is supposed to blend in not pop.

And at writing i ticked off and on weather smoothing and it now fades in not popping. Happy again.

Edited by Riah069

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Best bet  is  for  users  to  experiment  with  different  settings  till they  find  the  correct  one  for  their pc.

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

After this latest update, how is night flying in v 4.5 with EF in auto mode? Are the clouds and night sky nice and dark? Can you see ground textures from FL350? I use to use PTA to darken the scene for night time in v4.3 ( haven't flown in months and just now getting back into it) as I hated seeing ground textures and unrealistic sky textures along with white clouds at night.

Eric 

Night is much darker than before but you can still faintly see the clouds

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I totally agree I tried turning ON cloud smoothing as it "should " be off with ASP4 and found it a lot better with it on I also pushed the timer from 5m to 10m with ASP4 set to refresh every 15 mins.

Andy, Harry you might be right let me know your findings please guys.

HDR in P3D ON or OFF, I don't see much difference if any at all.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  you post your  findings  in the  rex  forum  iam sure  they be  glad  to read  it  after  all  the  negatives   in here

EF is a different product. 

In terms of complexity and coding, I can say that there has not been anything similar in the past. 

Saying this the product is getting into its mature stage.

From here we will be fine tuning it.

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

44 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Are the clouds and night sky nice and dark?

They are on my screen and terrain can be pitch black when not lite by moon or other scources. Sky is not black but the brightness is spot on now. And thats with out any changes in the mini UI. Just a small adjustment in the p3d hdr settings. But that adjustment was made by me befor EF and is only to satisvy my preferences to calibrate color and brightnes levels on my screen (REX can not predict wich monitor setup a user has and they are all very different, so I am glad in 1.1.3 I have full controll over thees settings).

Quick general tip:

Windows 10 -> settings -> system -> dsiplay -> Windows HD color settings: SDR content appearance, change the slider until it is right for you. This slider alone is totaly uncontrollable/predictable.
Check your GPU settings, e.g. NVIDIA control panel -> display -> change resulution -> use NVIDIA color settings, if supported by your display, try RGB mode and output dynamic range to full

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

37 minutes ago, Nemo said:

HDR in P3D ON or OFF, I don't see much difference if any at all.

It probably was/is my TS. Because for me On and OFF was huge with the VC lighting.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Correction: HDR in P3D ON/OFF makes a big difference @ night. HDR ON makes the VC and all texture/autogen night lights much too dark and barely visible. With HDR OFF it looks much better.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

What do you prefer? P3D HDR or EF?

I use also ENVSHADE and have EF HDR off. Seems to bright /bloomish with it on. 

Thanks Michael Moe (4.4 still) 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just tried the new update using just EF and activesky. Much improved on the bloom. Haven’t tried any manual experimenting as I wanted to see how auto was handling things. Did a short night test which had good darkness but still excellent vc lighting in Maddog x. No blowout bloom. Runway lights bright but curiously landing lights barely visible from vc. I’m using 4.4. Anyone else have this?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10