Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

What do you prefer? P3D HDR or EF?

I use also ENVSHADE and have EF HDR off. Seems to bright /bloomish with it on. 

Thanks Michael Moe (4.4 still) 

Just update to new version and Bloom will be  fixed

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Correction: HDR in P3D ON/OFF makes a big difference @ night. HDR ON makes the VC and all texture/autogen night lights much too dark and barely visible. With HDR OFF it looks much better.

EF HDR On, without any tweaks on it will look just as the default P3D HDR On.

not more nor less.

• Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

52 minutes ago, fs1 said:

EF HDR On, without any tweaks on it will look just as the default P3D HDR On.

not more nor less.

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I'm running EF automated mode w/o any tweaks, so HDR (EF) is active. With HDR (in P3D) ON it is too dark @ night. With HDR (P3D) OFF it is quite right. Is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: If I switch HDR (EF) ON/OFF it has no influence as long as HDR (P3D) is OFF. Which seems logical to me. But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

28 minutes ago, Nemo said:

But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Silly question, but what is Your brightness setting in p3d? I have it at 1.0 at the moment.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Just now, Rasterfahnder said:

Silly question, but what is Your brightness setting in p3d? I have it at 1.0 at the moment.

Same.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

32 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I'm running EF automated mode w/o any tweaks, so HDR (EF) is active. With HDR (in P3D) ON it is too dark @ night. With HDR (P3D) OFF it is quite right. Is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: If I switch HDR (EF) ON/OFF it has no influence as long as HDR (P3D) is OFF. Which seems logical to me. But why is the night so dark now ...it was not like this before EF, regardless HDR (P3D) ON or OFF.

Please post in the forum. I will wait for you. Thanks

Federico Sucari

Just now, fs1 said:

Please post in the forum. I will wait for you. Thanks

Will do that.

- Harry 

Well.....I just updated latest version sorry didn't read last 5 pages, but after update I am unable to sync anything in manual mode.....and once click on REX EF it crashes.....cursor is spinning...not sure, do I have to start SIM to do this? But this update doesn't work for me. Any idea guys?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

6 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well.....I just updated, sorry didn't read last 5 pages, but after update I am unable to sync anything in manual mode.....and once click on REX EF it crashes.....cursor is spinning...not sure, do I have to start SIM to do this? But this update doesn't work for me. Any idea guys?

Post in the forums please for issues.

Federico Sucari

2 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Post in the forums please for issues.

Sadly I can't even recover my password let alone get any help there....this process should be straight forward...

1 minute ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Sadly I can't even recover my password let alone get any help there....this process should be straight forward...

Well, PM here to help you recover your password. Thanks

Federico Sucari

Just now, fs1 said:

Well, PM here to help you recover your password. Thanks

Sorry....I recovered password but once in I am going to their Tweeter page?! I am looking around to see if is somewhere Candid camera....with new password I am still unable to get in....I mean....

Whew I had to ditch this thing.  Won't save my registration information between sessions.  Ran once and looked nice but then P3D became unresponsive on next running.  I did a repair and it is still unresponsive...stuck on the opening splash screen.  Gotta do another full re-install then sticking with good ole AS + ASCA for now.

11 minutes ago, gregda said:

Whew I had to ditch this thing.  Won't save my registration information between sessions.  Ran once and looked nice but then P3D became unresponsive on next running.  I did a repair and it is still unresponsive...stuck on the opening splash screen.  Gotta do another full re-install then sticking with good ole AS + ASCA for now.

You have all years at support 

Federico Sucari

1 minute ago, fs1 said:

You have all years at support 

Thank you Federico.  I've already put a ticket in through the program interface for the activation/registration not saving between sessions.  Don't know why P3D has became unresponsive after all that.  Not blaming the program necessarily just tired of fiddling.